• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Socializing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I'm a new Yoshi and wanted to talk to other Yoshi people, but the Yoshi Clubs and Yoshi Chat area seems to be dead. So is there any place that Yoshi get together in real time?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There's a Yoshi Chat on Skype. And here in the General Discussion (YGD).

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I'm not used to using Skype, but how would I find this Yoshi Chat (only use it on my iPod Touch).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Skype for the iPod is God awful lol, and I think there's a new chat (as im terribly inactive on Skype, Im not sure) so you should wait for some of the other yoshis to get on. If you search for Yoshi Chat you might find it, but im not positive.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I see. I'm just looking for a place to befriend other yoshis, and get some tips and advice from veteran players. This is the first time I'm working on being a competitive player and I want to mold my Yoshi to be the best he can be.

bigman40

Smash Master
Welcome.

If you ask questions here, then people will answer them. If you're looking for more immediate info, then skype is where to be. Maybe if there's enough people that want to join the chat, then we'll bring back the Xat one. Only problem is that most Yoshi players forget about the chat whenever they first join.

I'd advise staying here to chat if you're only gonna use your itouch. Xat doesn't work there and Skype is bad on itouch.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'd definitly be willing to help you. Where are you from?

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Ah well thank you very much, but I don't want to take up any of your time. Right now I'm a noob with this game period and not at the competitive level at all, so I'm looking at guides and watching some videos until I feel worthy enough to bother people. Though to answer you, I live in Pittsburgh. Speaking of "where are you from," the directory is pretty much dead right.

Oh and thank you bigman for your help. I just don't want to install skype for just that, but I appreciate the advice and will chat on the boards for now. I guess the forgottenheroes chat is dead too lol.

bigman40

Smash Master
And that's how people turn into lurkers instead of speaking up and not learning as much as they could. The boards isn't as active anymore, and newcomers need to talk to spark more conversation. Don't be afraid to ask questions about how stuff works in the competitive level. It'll make you learn about it much faster.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I appreciate that and I promise not to be shy or timid so that I may get more experience.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah man, you gotta do what I did and just nub up the whole boards (not a dis or anything :p) When I first joined, I was TERRIBLE, and pissed of/got trolled by everybody, but since I was consistant, spoke up, and asked a lot of questions, I got much better! Im still no top level player, but I can hold my own even against big names, pull consistant top 10 placings in my area, and even have a few underdog wins here and there. ;3

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Cool. Also, if you want to show people your progress against like cpus (for training purposes), is it better to give them your fcu and send them a video, or try to youtube it?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
YouTube, some people dont have/use wifi and YouTube is more accessable.

bigman40

Smash Master
We would perfer if you could youtube it. If you can't, you can try the services in the video thread. However, it's much more imperative if you can record yourself vs some players. Gives better critiques.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I see so It would be better if I record like some wifi battles and stuff with friends gotcha. The only thing I've been practicing with is a level 4-7 Pikachu because I have this ambitious goal of beating my veteran Pikachu friend.

bigman40

Smash Master
Wifi matches have lag inbetween the time you input for a move and when the move actually comes out. When we're critiquing, we also see how people react to said moves when they happen (lag takes this out and makes moves seem unpunishable). To be a truly serious Yoshi, you'll have to provide some offline matches for us to help you more than wifi matches, but it's not cruicial to have them immediately (although, the earlier you get offline matches, the better).

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Oh I see. Yeah unfortunately I only have some wifi and cpu matches, but I'll remember to get some offline matches recorded when friends come over. Too bad no tournaments ever come here lol. Thanks a lot for your help bigman.

bigman40

Smash Master
As far as I know, there's some tourneys in PA. You should check the regional boards about that (Listed in the tournament section).

No problem.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Oh I did, but I'm not able to get anywhere outside Pittsburgh (which I didn't see on the board). I was told allisbrawl is a good way to train as well.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
It's complicated, but trust me when I say I'm bounded here lol. But I can't wait to have fun with wifi tourneys :)

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah man, you gotta do what I did and just nub up the whole boards (not a dis or anything :p) When I first joined, I was TERRIBLE, and pissed of/got trolled by everybody, but since I was consistant, spoke up, and asked a lot of questions, I got much better! Im still no top level player, but I can hold my own even against big names, pull consistant top 10 placings in my area, and even have a few underdog wins here and there. ;3
this man speaks the truth. He still holds the record for most consecutive "Worst Yoshi Boards Poster" awards LMAO, but he's come a good way since. Don't be afraid to post stuff.

Out of curiousity how far is pittsburgh from philly?

Airborne

Smash Lord
this man speaks the truth. He still holds the record for most consecutive "Worst Yoshi Boards Poster" awards LMAO, but he's come a good way since. Don't be afraid to post stuff.

Out of curiousity how far is pittsburgh from philly?
Google Maps says 5 and a half hours... o.O

That's like Kentucky to Michigan...

Sharky

Smash Master
well...ouch. IIRC the vast majority of the PA smash scene is centered around philly, so tough luck there. I'd still try posting in the PA PR thread, however, to see if you can find someone near you.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I am going to Whobo 3 which is in TX, and idk how many Yoshis are going there but that would be a great place to meet up. Pennsylvania is a long ways away tho so this post is irrelevant.

Oh and nice to meet you Dr. Yoshi.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Sorry to be a buzzkill, but:

There's a Yoshi Chat on Skype. And here in the General Discussion (YGD).
The question was answered, we can talk about more of this in the YGD. Welcome, Dr. Yoshi! *lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom