• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
What am i missing out on? Lots of projects im working on. I really want to finish up that DJ tolerance thread for aerials today but it wont happen

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Iwata passed away today...it just seemingly happened out of nowhere.

Cherish your loved ones while you still can guys, we never know what's around the corner...

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yeah I just heard about it. Im sad as heck now :(.

Man anyone know what happend.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I can't imagine this not getting a huge amount of support, I'd be willing to at least attempt to contribute.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So im going to evo. Im REALLY bad though so i HIGHLY doubt ill make it out of pools, but yeah, thought id let yall be aware. Ill probably play Yoshi the most (if not second most) so woooo

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
this isnt the thread for this but whats ur thoughts on running customs in a tournament. or running 2 stocks vs 3 stocks for singles, its been nagging me for the past few weeks. "i host weeklies every saturday, this next one will be the 22nd event,"

are there any good comps for Yoshi doubles?

also what are your least favorite stages to play with Yoshi? Just wondering how the other Yoshi players feel about stage counters. TBH I feel like hes good on every stage so its hard to come up with bans against certain characters. i mean i know its mu specific, like projectiles ull want a stage that makes it easier for eggs to land or what ever,

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Well heavy egg throw could be good in teams. And I think 2 stock is much better. Things like warios down b and little macs KO punch can make the 3 stock game a bit harder.

Also I dislike lylat anf battlefield. If im up against diddy rosalina ect ill ban battlefeild and either dolphano or halberd. Halberd is a good stage and dolphano. Yoshi can do safe yoshi bombs and his up b goes through almost all the platforms. He can camp good on that stage and stuff but I dont like it as much.

I feel like halberd just benefits my yoshi more and FD.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Well heavy egg throw could be good in teams. And I think 2 stock is much better. Things like warios down b and little macs KO punch can make the 3 stock game a bit harder.
This seems like the opposite of true? Wario generally gets his fully-charged down-B after the first stock. So all he has to do is cheese your second stock with a relatively easy to confirm-into 1HKO move and the game is over. 2 stock format benefits Wario HUGELY from what I can tell.

I'm not as sure about how it works out for Little Mac, but I feel pretty confidently that the longer the game, the less chances for losing to cheese.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Maybe I messed up. 3 stocks could also possibly make sheik noy as good. But 2 fully charged wario downb seems better then one. Then the heavyrr characters benefit from 3 stocks imo.

On anthers ladder I normally stay up to 150% even against ness and with that extra stock means more camping if I have the stock lead. For some reason I 3 stock just the same as I would do a 2 stock on 2 stocks because I think we all know yoshi benefits huge in rage(not like lucario).

But thats just my opinion. Wouldnt mind if anyone else shared theres.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
2 stock is more stream/Tournament finishing on time friendly. 3 stock is more player friendly. Unless you're already a big stream, Worrying more about how the players feel > Worrying how your stream feels.
Customs is jank, Sakurai has admitted it and it's not fair to have it legal for the rest of the cast except for the DLC characters.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I dont think customs are bad. I think they make the game more interesting especially with characters like charzard and marth.

You could just ban or only allow 1111 2222 or 3333.

But customs for low tiers imo make them better while customs like rosalinas are just dumb.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
If you're going to limit customs, why allow them at all?
TBH i was thinking about banning them completely from my events.i see what you mean about the 2 stocks vs 3 stocks, 2 stock sets can take a long time, ok i just wanted to ask some people from the smash community before i turned it to 3stocks in my community, ima keep it 2 stocks, but really considering banning customs, especially since no one at the tournaments i host but like 1 or 2 even use them, and if its better for the low tiers, just pick new characters just like in Melee.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
If you're going to limit customs, why allow them at all?
What kind of backwards nonsense is this?

If you can't draw the line between limiting jank and totally banning the viability of a dozen or so characters, that's pretty much on you.

if its better for the low tiers, just pick new characters just like in Melee.
This is not the right frame of mind. Please don't listen to @ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush .

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
How are customs trash exactly? Im just wondering.

Imo there fun and most of them are fair (I said most). They bring most interesting things and one day I hope lag reduce badge is legal.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Customs aren't the problem. There are no custom moves worse than default Sonic and Rosalina. And customs or no customs, Sheik still has the best move in the game.
Yeah. Customs just make the roster just a tad more even. Even ig dk is "broken" on customs he still cant stand a chance against sheik but still has a better chance.

Dosnt DK have the best move in thr game?

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Yeah. Customs just make the roster just a tad more even. Even ig dk is "broken" on customs he still cant stand a chance against sheik but still has a better chance.

Dosnt DK have the best move in thr game?
Pikachu has probably the only legitimately banworthy custom move. Donkey Kong doesn't even become a top tier threat with customs, since Kong Cyclone can be airdodged out of and the rest of his moveset still struggles vs. a lot of the cast. It just makes him viable.

What people perceive to be a problem is custom Villager, who relies on tedious and degenerative tactics to win. Even then, custom villager hasn't won any major events, because there are counterplay options, they're just not very exciting to watch. Kind of like how Sonic and Rosalina aren't exciting to watch.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yeah. I honestly thought DKs up b was never broken or villagers customs. Its just there really boring to watch.

The only person I dislike on the top 5 right now is dabuz. Hes kinda a jerk and hes pretty boring to watch.

Also I doubt pikachus customs need to be banned. Esam got rektd at ceo and I think customs were allowed (I honestly dont know haha).A

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Dabuz isnt bad. Hes a jerk online andoffline from what I hear and online from experience. Also his characters are boring

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I honestly had no idea I was answering to noft. I just responded to yoheking at first.

2nd post I still stand by still, "YOU CAN ONLY PLAY 1111 2222 3333"
Wait wut, y limit people to only 2 sets? (1111 not counting for obvious reasons, vanilla) Just keep them banned if you're gonna gimp customs that hard lol.
Either allow them all or ban them all. No excuses.

There's also been close to 100+ tournaments with customs, we've seen and bathed in the jank. We know what makes a character viable and what doesn't.
A global agreement that customs is unbalanced and silly, Sakurai has stated it's for fun not for seriouslies, allowing customs indirectly gimps mewtwo roy lucas ryu and that's not fair to our boy Ro- lucas =(
If you want customs, it can be for a side event like a circus. Main event is the monster truck/1v1 though. Doubles and Customs for later :^)

Last edited:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Yoshi players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Yoshi and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Top Bottom