• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Match-Ups/Match-Up Chart

Who'll take the 5th spot?

• Z'zgashi

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Firefly

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • MX778

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Eh, sorta 3 stock to 1 stock. I'd say more like 2, since my stock was practically over anyways.

It's all Raptor's fault for being bad and getting gimped anyways.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I WAS HIT OFF AND THEN NADO'D WHEN I THREW AN EGG WITH TAP JUMP ON SJSKSKAMSJSISKSJSOSNEU. Delta I think you're forgetting something important. Do you not remember me being shoryukened from across the entire stage?

Edit: Mah boi Luigisama got into the Luigi panel by posting
":c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c"

Player-1

Smash Legend
Can you give a good description on why you should be on the panel compared to actual Yoshi mains?

Also, once in awhile I might set days for us to be in skype calls to discuss some MU stuph once the discussion for all of this starts up. Which also means making a group.
my yoshi is better than all 3 combined

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Treachery.
Could've sworn mods were able to mess with polls. Oh well, just don't vote for Firefly then since he doesn't feel up to helping out.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm dumb to put up a poll and should've expected people from their state to vote for whichever of the two.
But thinking back, I made it to see which Yoshi's wanted who in the panel since I didn't want to play favorites.

For the ones in the MU chart group, would you guys at least get on skype?

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Lol oh man..

WHERE MAH VOTES @

edit: I'm actually in NC right now visiting my Grandmother for the Thanksgiving yesterday. I'll be on Skype as soon as I get home from the trip later today. Since Skype mobile suckksss

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So upon asking the skype group (only delta giving answer).
Neither him or I chose who we wanted between the two. So we just talked very briefly about activity on the boards.

Gashi, you're up. Before anyone says anything, I questioned the same thing for Yika since he's in the same boat as MX. Not being very active on the boards too since his last visit was a week ago.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well Id say Im pretty active on the boards lol. Honestly, Ive been cutting back cuz Ive been far TOO active >.> one more post to 14k wooo

MX778

Smash Journeyman
But but, I've been here like all week. Heck, I've hardly even left the thread since Sama recommended that I help out with the MU thread.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So you started becoming more active solely cause of this thread you're saying?
If somebody doesn't do their job I'll see about adding you in MX. Though I probably can't.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
That more-or-less seems to be the case.

Any other time that I came around, I don't believe there was anything going on. Well... Aside from dropping a line and saying hi. :awesome:

That sounds fair, Slush. I guess as long as I can contribute some advice to our new MU chart, I'm down.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo its pretty much right in between -1 and -2, so I could swing either way.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
After playing with Zinoto a lot Friday night before PS5, I could definitely see it being a -1.

My problem with the MU is that approaching Diddy is BALLS hard when we're forced to go for a kill (stock behind, or whatever). But that applies to a lot of our MUs. We both did really nasty things with momentum to each other, though.

We also can't be infinited, but because we can infinite him. Zinoto told me I had some chances to do it and that Yoshi's mobility really helps him set it up. It's probably worth learning how to do it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I agree. Instant Tossing is good. DR would definitely be helpful (I would probably consider getting a better grasp over basic DR just to have the item pickup ability if I fought Diddy more often). When you're in shield, you can hit your C-stick in any direction to throw an item in that direction out of shield.

In general, knowing how to pressure/set up traps with nanners is good. Also, the infinite should be looked into.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
To me anyone who goes into the Diddy MU with no banana skill (hell item skill in general) will have a hard time with him even more. Especially with his dumb moves having great priority, shield, and of course... bananas in general.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
After playing with Zinoto a lot Friday night before PS5, I could definitely see it being a -1.

My problem with the MU is that approaching Diddy is BALLS hard when we're forced to go for a kill (stock behind, or whatever). But that applies to a lot of our MUs. We both did really nasty things with momentum to each other, though.

We also can't be infinited, but because we can infinite him. Zinoto told me I had some chances to do it and that Yoshi's mobility really helps him set it up. It's probably worth learning how to do it.
LMAO, those 4 hours of straight friendlies lol. The MU is a solid disadvantage for :yoshi2:; but he has the tools to deal with it. If the :diddy: knows the MU; however, you guys likely won't win it. So I can agree to a strong -1.

Also, no need to look into the :yoshi2: infinite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fur7iG4IrRc&feature=youtu.be :p

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
So that's how the infinite is done... I'm on my phone with bad connection so the video was extremely blurry, what exactly were the commands? Was that a drop or down throw?

Edit: Ok so MX is winning now. I know you already chose Z'zgashi but I think MX should still be in just because he's been really succesful recently and lives in a region that has character variety unlike some other regions (NY/NJ being tornado alley) But I also think Gashi is a good choice for the panel so idk lol. The only thing that confuses me a little is the fact that Yikarur chose not to be the leader because he's busy or not active enough (something like that) but is now on the panel. Is he going to be active now?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Zinoto da bess. I'm gonna see if I can figure out how to do this during my break.

I like how I got 7 votes even after I explicitly stated I didn't want to be on the panel. :glare:

:005:

Top Bottom