• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Match-Ups/Match-Up Chart

Who'll take the 5th spot?

• Z'zgashi

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Firefly

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • MX778

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Was about to post that exact same thing.
Dunno who for 5th, or if we even should have one. We'll see if Firefly shows any interest and I'll see who people want more between Gashi and FF.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
MX quit smash.
Man, MX always says he's quitting. I think he told me he's trying to focus on non Smash things since he has trouble juggling two hobbies/passions at once, but I'm pretty sure he'll be around again.

Either way, I don't think he'll be active on the boards.

Was about to post that exact same thing.
Dunno who for 5th, or if we even should have one. We'll see if Firefly shows any interest and I'll see who people want more between Gashi and FF.
Just pick whichever is more active. I know FF is around, but it's also MUCH more apparent that Gashi is always active. I think we should have a 5th, and it should be one of those two. Personally, I think it should be Gashi unless Firefly decides to come in here and defend his activity.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I was going to choose between Gashi or Firefly.
One who says silly dumb things in his posts, or Firefly who's not so active when it comes to posting alot.

I'll have it finalized before Ish asks me for the members.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I don't think Gashi is extraneously silly/dumb when it actually matters. I feel like both he and Firefly would be valuable contributors to the panel. The only thing I care about between them is who would be more active.

If it were like, a year ago I'd say definitely Firefly over Gashi. But I think Gashi has proven himself over time to not be as silly/dumb/crazy as I used to think. :bee:

BY THE WAY GASHI I STILL LOVE YOU.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Don't count me out just yettttttttt.

I usually don't come on here because nothing is usually going on.
Until a certain Freegee decided to give me a heads up. :pP

buuuut this is an update for the MU thread? Count me in.

:edit: Lol I didn't quit smash yet, I said I probably would after Apex, but even then it's a little up in the air.
I'm just a liiiiiitttle bit undecisive since my plans for the future aren't quite clear yet.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oh damn.

That three way competition.

Activity is still my number one criteria.

Whoever gets chosen better not fall off the face of the planet, or I will urge Slush to boot you and we will replace you.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This entire thing wants members that're active and know what they're talking about for whatever we'll be arguing about soon.
So depending who wins, I of course expect you to be active. If you're not, I'm kicking you and adding the person with the second most votes in this poll.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
This entire thing wants members that're active and know what they're talking about for whatever we'll be arguing about soon.
So depending who wins, I of course expect you to be active. If you're not, I'm kicking you and adding the person with the second most votes in this poll.
Well in that case, I will try to be around alot more frequently than I was prior to this. Plus, it's been a while since I've done anything on the Yoshi boards, so this will be a nice way to redeem myself.

btw, hai gaiz

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Though I would likely stay active enough to participate, I don't have very strong feelings about most MUs, and I have very little confidence in my ability to actually convey my feelings about the MUs I do know. Pick one of the others IMO.

:005:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
The Yoshis. Only character who's actually voting in the final panelist. Brings tears to my eyes... ;)

I was going to choose between Gashi or Firefly.
One who says silly dumb things in his posts
Slush, don't give him that maaaan.....

Edit: Ok now I'm mad seeing I'm the only one who voted :glare:
Edit again: What happens if Firefly gets voted in. :awesome:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only reason I added a poll is cause I don't like playing favorites along with the fact I don't think there's some rule against no voting for last spot. Otherwise I can ask Reflex to remove the poll or at least take Firefly off.
Also, remember that showing bad behavior is another option of getting booted from the panel. So be on your best behavior while we're all debating.

Now for something else.
Aside from D3 and Falco and maybe Marth, what other characters are we most likely going to be fighting with to change this time around?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Slush, what exactly are you looking to change Marth to?

I think Samus, D3, Falco, Lucario, Diddy, and Kirby need to be changed off of the top of my head. (Samus to +1, D3 to even or barely +1, Falco to -3, Lucario to possibly -3, Diddy to -1, Kirby to even.

Edit: Who's the troll who voted for Firefly.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Last version:

:yoshi2:
-2: :diddy: :falco: :lucario: :metaknight: :wolf:
-1: :dedede: :fox: :gw: :kirby2: :olimar: :marth: :pikachu2: :pit: :rob: :snake: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus:
0: :dk2: :popo: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :peach: :samus2: :sheik: :sheilda: :sonic: :wario:
1: :falcon: :lucas: :mario2: :zelda:
2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :pt:
3: :bowser2: :ganondorf:

Falco to -3, Wolf to -1, DDD to even (wtf why is he -1), Kirby to even, GnW to even, Olimar to debatably -2 (We'll probably have to fight for the -1 if we still think it's that way), Pika to even, Pit to even, Rob to even, TL to even (maybe, Iunno), ZSS to even, Weegee debatably to plus 1, Samus possibly to +1.

My list, assuming all my above changes (even debatables) are implemented.

:yoshi2:
-3: :falco:
-2: :diddy: :lucario: :metaknight: :olimar:
-1: :wolf: :fox: :marth: :snake:
0: :dedede: :gw: :kirby2: :pikachu2: :pit: :rob: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :dk2: :popo: :ike: :ness2: :peach: :sheik: :sheilda: :sonic: :wario:
1: :falcon: :lucas: :mario2: :zelda: :luigi2: :samus2:
2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :pt:
3: :bowser2: :ganondorf:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's not that I want marth changed. Just going off memory when you and Delta were saying something along the lines of Marth being even back when he beat Neo.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've thought Marth was even for a while, but relooking at the matchup, I think Marth has a small advantage simply due to how much we struggle to finish him off or catch up when compared to his ability to catch up versus us.

Like, being a stock behind Marth sucks. Going last stock last hit with Marth sucks.

On the contrary, being a stock behind Yoshi as Marth isn't nearly as bad. He also has a pretty clear advantage in last stock last hit situations.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I know that feeling all too well.
It's about every match between Nike and I in a nutshell... and we've played a lot over the past 2 and a half years.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah, it's really lame. Marth's pokes have better kill power than our defensive options (mainly throws, lol), so we're forced to go for a risky Usmash read or an edgeguard kill.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I actually think its fine with Marth +1. Such an annoying mu I do better against -2's lol.

Delta the mu's you listed definitely seem debatable except TL, and Rob, those should not be even imo. I can also agree with Weegee being a +1 for us.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
What was that crew battle that happened back at apex 2012? was it like luigi v.s yoshi? who won again?

jk hmm 1+ for yoshi against luigi? I can't wait to see the explanation

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I actually think its fine with Marth +1. Such an annoying mu I do better against -2's lol.

Delta the mu's you listed definitely seem debatable except TL, and Rob, those should not be even imo. I can also agree with Weegee being a +1 for us.
My record and experience against Rob seem to suggest otherwise.

TL is, for sure, super debatable. I need to get around to playing MJG.

What was that crew battle that happened back at apex 2012? was it like luigi v.s yoshi? who won again?

jk hmm 1+ for yoshi against luigi? I can't wait to see the explanation
I mean, just because half the people we put in don't know how to camp Luigi doesn't mean Luigi beats Yoshi. I took out like, 5 or 6 stocks, lol.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
You mean the crew battle where it was pretty even until boss took 8 stocks? :troll: I do remember taking 4 that crew battle but lost to thunderstorms up b.

:phone:

MX778

Smash Journeyman
My record and experience against Rob seem to suggest otherwise.

TL is, for sure, super debatable. I need to get around to playing MJG.

I mean, just because half the people we put in don't know how to camp Luigi doesn't mean Luigi beats Yoshi. I took out like, 5 or 6 stocks, lol.
Somehow I think you'll agree that we'll lose that mu when you play MJG. lol

It's like once you get hit by one thing, you get hit by everything else. Including the stage

Scatz

Smash Champion
Played Jash at Apex, The higher level Tinks play them much different compared to mid/high level ones.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
can i be on the yoshi panel?
Can you give a good description on why you should be on the panel compared to actual Yoshi mains?

Also, once in awhile I might set days for us to be in skype calls to discuss some MU stuph once the discussion for all of this starts up. Which also means making a group.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I liked how in that 3rd vid of Luigisama's, he ***** Raptor offstage with nado, then he gets egg combod hardcore, then ***** Delta with shoryuken. All within like, 3 seconds.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Almost came back in a 3 stock to 1 stock situation against the two best Yoshis.

As solo freegee.

Mad probs imo, especially for making it hella lol worthy.

Top Bottom