• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Match-Ups/Match-Up Chart

Who'll take the 5th spot?

• Z'zgashi

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Firefly

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • MX778

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
:yoshi2: Yoshi Match-Up Thread :yoshi2:

Hey guys, this is the new Yoshi match up thread. All of our old ratios were out of date, so we've decided to update and start over fresh with a whole new list. The match ups are all decided with a simple, yet effective approach. A Yoshi v. _____ thread is opened where both the Yoshi players, and the players of the character of whom the discussion is on, discuss the match up. The explain what the advantages and disadvantages are, strategies on how to play against the other character, etc., etc. After the discussion is up, the involved Yoshi players then go to the Yoshi Match-Up Discussion group where they all vote on what they believe the match up to be. Once either all of the votes or in, or the voting time is up, the average of all the votes is totaled and that becomes the ratio for that match up.

I will make this look all nice and cute later when I'm done preparing everything. there is also a nice little graphic in the making so be excited for that to be posted. But don't get your hopes up because it'll probably suck ***.

MATCH UPS:
Image being made by da bess mod evar, Yink!! ~<3

MATCH UP SPREAD:
(Not Ordered)
-2: :diddy: :falco: :lucario: :metaknight: :wolf:
-1: :dedede: :fox: :gw: :kirby2: :olimar: :marth: :pikachu2: :pit: :rob: :snake: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus:
±0: :dk2: :popo: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :peach: :samus2: :sheik: :sonic: :wario:
+1: :falcon: :lucas: :mario2: :zelda:
+2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :pt:
+3: :bowser2: :ganondorf:

RATIOS:
-4 / -3 / -2 / -1 / 0 / +1 / +2 / +3 / +4

:bowser2: Bowser: +3 Match-Up Discussion
:falcon: Captain Falcon: +1 Match-Up Discussion
:diddy: Diddy Kong: -2 Match-Up Discussion
:dk2: Donkey Kong: 0 Match-Up Discussion
:falco: Falco: -2 Match-Up Discussion
:fox: Fox: -1 Match-Up Discussion
:ganondorf: Ganondorf: +3 Match-Up Discussion
:popo: Ice Climbers: 0
:ike: Ike: 0
:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff: +2
:dedede: King Dedede: -1
:kirby2: Kirby: -1
:link2: Link: +2
:lucario: Lucario: -2
:lucas: Lucas: +1
:luigi2: Luigi: 0
:mario2: Mario: +1
:marth: Marth: -1
:metaknight: Meta Knight: -2
:gw: Mr. Game & Watch: -1
:ness2: Ness: 0
:olimar: Olimar: -1
:peach: Peach: 0
:pikachu2: Pikachu: -1
:pit: Pit: -1
:pt: Pokemon Trainer: +2
:rob: R.O.B.: -1
:samus2: Samus: 0
:sheik: Sheik: 0
:sheilda: Sheilda: Not a real Character
:snake: Snake: -1
:sonic: Sonic: 0
:toonlink: Toon Link: -1
:wario: Wario: 0
:wolf: Wolf: -2
:zelda: Zelda: +1
:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus: -1

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Character Summaries

[COLLAPSE=Meta Knight]
Meta Knight
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Snake]
Snake
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Diddy Kong - FULL SUMMARY]
Diddy Kong
Ratio: 45:55 Disadvantage
Summary:
So... a good Diddy is annoying as hell to fight. The chaingrab is nice, but it's like the IC's chaingrab on him. If he gets the bananas out and knows how to control them, then the chaingrab isn't as useful as it should be. I know that Polter probably disagrees with me, but I say definitely Diddy's favor on any flat stage hands down. Making Diddy go to a stage with platforms or that moves would be ideal.

This is one of the few match-ups that I'd play defensively and more campy (I'm an aggressive player as most of you know). Diddy can rack up way too much damage with good tech chase, especially if there are two bananas out in his control. I say that Diddy hands down beats Yoshi on the ground, and the only hope is to take the Snake approach and keep Diddy in the air and try to stay in the air yourself.

I can think of more stuff, but I'm at work right now and can't really type out a novel >.< For me personally, the MU is 60:40 Diddy, but I might not be playing the match correctly, so I'm very flexible with that ratio.
Diddy...

Diddy can be so hard sometimes. This match-up is largely based on momentum and stage control. If Yoshi loses those, then this match-up is going to be very difficult.

If Yoshi has the percentage/stock lead, then his main priority is to keep that lead. Don't go offensive, don't do punishable moves, camp the heck out of Diddy, and look for any openings. If Yoshi loses that lead, it'll be hard to get it back. We can't effectively approach Diddy because ground-approaches are countered by bananas and aerial approaches are nullified by Diddy's amazing shield (it's like impossible to shield-poke him... seriously). Egg Lay is going to be very useful in this match-up since we can use our double-jump heavy armor to stop bananas and then separate him from the other one with Egg Lay.

If Diddy doesn't have a banana ready (rare, but possible) then Yoshi could pressure and space Diddy quite well. Jab is a good move if you want a reset (something that you'll want to happen if you are in the lead), and f-tilt and d-tilt are good spacing moves. I find it hard to pivot-grab Diddy for some reason, but if you do get that grab, get that chain-grab going. Of course, Diddy's ground game is nothing to scoff at, either. His tilts are really fast and have good range. D-smash is quick and can kill (but not under 160%). F-smash is SDI'able if you react fast enough. Up-smash is pretty bad, but it can pile on damage if you get caught in it (I think Yoshi could shield-grab it, though).

Aerial-wise, Yoshi is more versatile but Diddy has one of the best f-airs in the game. It's quick, makes for a great OoS option, and can kill if not stale (which it usually would be). Diddy's b-air and u-air are pretty good too, but Diddy's u-air is basically an inferior version of Yoshi's and b-air doesn't have too much range. Basically, if Diddy is facing his back to you then he's vulnerable, but otherwise don't bother trying to fight against his f-air. You'll lose. Thankfully, Diddy has mediocre air-speed, so if we get the read then we can u-air him.

Diddy should NEVER gimp Yoshi. Bananas obviously won't cut it, and his f-air doesn't gimp. D-air shouldn't hit you, but if it does just double-jump out of the spike. His d-air is actually a very, very weak spike (although the knockback won't make it seem that way). Just remember to watch out for his f-air because it will hit you if you are not careful (and please don't DI down...).

It's certainly possible to gimp Diddy, but not without good prediction skills. Depending on the angle Diddy was sent, he may only need to side-B to recover. Yoshi really can't do much to contest his side-B, unfortunately. It's too risky. However, if Diddy gets into a situation where he has to up-B, you better get down there and n-air him! That should be enough to gimp him most of the time.

Summarizing everything, Diddy is a character that can easily zone you out and maintain stage control. He has trouble dealing with some of Yoshi's moves, such as u-air and Egg Lay, but he has the tools to work around them. This match-up his heavily momentum-based, and whoever gets the lead early should be the winner. The thing is, it's much easier for Diddy to do this than Yoshi. I believe this match-up is 40:60 in Diddy's favor.
Yoshi has the tools to combat diddy. Funny thing about diddy, is playing diddy isnt brawl its banana brawl which is a completely different game the tier list is all rearranged in banana brawl. Diddys not the best at it, diddy players just play banana brawl more than u do. That just my opinion but i dont think im wrong.

Yoshi has a few things that diddys dont like. 1 is the ability to stay in the air for a long period of time (like MK and Peach). 2 is ability to win a stand off at long ranges (like Snake and Falco). 3. is weight and survivability which yoshi has tons of. Seriously i think yoshi lives like the 4th longest of any char in the game behind DK, Snake, and D3.

Yoshis airgrab is really nice from what ive seen cause diddy's like being safe in their shield and now their not. But most importantly i gotta say stay in the air and weave in and out as best u can throwing in and using the great range of ur air grab. Lastly its important to persevere while playing diddys cause diddy is real frustrating and not to give up cause Yoshi is SOOOOO much bigger than diddy. Unless diddy has a stock lead or percent over 90ish ur never down cause u live for freaking forever.
Diddy Kong is like Luigi Jr. with with bananas; he has good aerials for racking damage, throws to put you in a bad position so that he may take great advantage of it, and a variety of methods of recovery so that he can mix it up. Without bananas, Diddy is not a very strong character. That's what this MU is about; we need to treat this MU like the Ice Climbers and cut Diddy Kong off from his best quality, which would be his bananas. Luckily, Yoshi has options to do such a thing, but also like the ICs, we must do it very carefully.

In the beginning of the match, Diddy will start out 75-80% of the MU doing a full-hop back and plucking out a banana; the remaining % consists of him just pressing down-b immediately. Yoshi wants to take advantage of this time to just throw an egg straight at Diddy, or rather, try to throw it so that it will hit him during either option. This is just so that we can startle him and allow a free advancement towards getting in on him.

Although I already said Diddy Kong is like Luigi Jr. with bananas, Yoshi is like Luigi as well; a great jab, great aerials, throws that can put opponents in the right position in order to cut off their options and take advantage of the position, and lastly, has a great tactic against Diddy Kong. In the Luigi v. Diddy Kong MU, Luigi can use a tactic to deal with Diddy Kong in one of the best ways possible:
"Get in between Diddy and his bananas and say, 'Do something!'"

That's what we're going to do, and like I said what Yoshi has what Luigi doesn't in my summary of the Marth MU, we have the aerial mobility and overall maneuverability to get in and sever Diddy's metaphorical arteries, the key to how Diddy works.

I have noticed that people are talking about how the CG isn't as useful in this MU, due to the threat of tripping. That is not the point of getting a grab on Diddy Kong; if a banana is in front of you as you grab Diddy, go for a back-throw because that is exactly the position that you want to attain in this MU. Sending him away from his bananas as you advance on taking advantage of them forces him to either fight you head on without bananas, which is something that I see in our advantage; or if you choose to throw the bananas away offstage, forces him to repluck the bananas, leaving him VERY open.

When you glance towards mid-high level Diddys, they are often too focused on replacing their peels that they will leave themselves open for free damage when they are caught in the ending lag. Now as you scale towards the top-level players, they will not pluck until you are on the complete other side of the stage, or are even offstage. This is a time when Diddy has gained the advantage of the match, so you do not want to be caught in mid range when his ending lag is over.

I'll return to comparing Diddy Kong to Ice Climbers, or even Marth, in that Diddy's strongest asset will force you to reset if you can manage to escape, like breaking out of ICs grabs or getting hit by Marth in general. In order to reset, I recommend just running away outside of Diddy's item toss range. If you try to fight back after every throw, aerial, etc., following from a trip, YOU WILL GET F*CKED UPPPPPPP.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Falco]
Falco
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Wario]
Wario
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Marth]
Marth
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Ice Climbers]
Ice Climbers
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Olimar]
Olimar
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Pikachu]
Pikachu
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=King Dedede]
King Dedede
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Mr. Game & Watch]
Mr. Game & Watch
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Lucario]
Lucario
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Zero Suit Samus]
Zero Suit Samus
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Toon Link]
Toon Link
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Kirby]
Kirby
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Fox]
Fox
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=R.O.B.]
R.O.B.
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Pit]
Pit
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Peach]
Peach
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Donkey Kong]
Donkey Kong
Ratio: 50:50 Even
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Luigi]
Luigi
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Wolf]
Wolf
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Sonic]
Sonic
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Ike]
Ike
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Sheik]
Sheik
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Ness]
Ness
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Pokemon Trainer]
Pokemon Trainer
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Lucas]
Lucas
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Mario]
Mario
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Bowser - FULL SUMMARY]
Bowser
Ratio: 65:35 Advantage
Summary:
Uh, he's [Bowser] pretty strong horizontally in the air but not so much vertically. If you get him above you, destroy him. He's fat, but jugglable, and we can camp him well because he's slow (but don't do that all the time learn to chain all of you).

If you're above him, just go to the side in the air and get down. Do NOT air dodge out of fear. You will get UAIR'D. I suggest you learn the animation for it, since I believe you can dodge it on reaction.

DI is important. Don't get killed early by failing to DI Fair/Bair.

If you're up a stock, and you get klawed, try and force a Bowsercide. It's probably not very practical, but if it works, it'd be pretty funny.

Ftilt can stuff our air approaches pretty well. Fortress is an amazing OOS option. Bowser has a bad spotdodge, so they like to sit in their shield, so egg lay is extremely useful in this MU.

If you get caught in the firebreath, DJ and Nair out. Punish him for it. It's a bad move.

His recovery is pretty eh, try and gimp him. His recovery is similar to DK's.
Bowser... really does terribly against Yoshi. I almost feel that Yoshi was tailor-made to counter Bowser (sort of like Lucario against Yoshi *ahem*). We have pivot-grabs, eggs, Egg Lay (basically the game-breaker of this match-up; Bowser is probably the most susceptible character to Egg Lay), u-air, and d-air. Bowser can't do much of anything if we throw out attacks to stop him.

He can't approach safely, he can't kill Yoshi early (I survived a fresh f-smash at 120%...), he's gimpable, he's juggable, he's huge, he's chain-grabbable (and the grab-release puts him in a REALLY bad position off-stage), and his up-B isn't nearly as useful as in some other match-ups due to Egg Lay. I used to think this was a 60:40 match-up, but now I think that it's even worse than that...
I would find this matchup to be at least 60:40 our advantage to being a hard counter on Bowser (70:30). Bowser has a lot of trouble getting close enough to Yoshi without getting grabbed or taking damage. His shield gives him the power to counter all moves with UpB (except for spaced grabs). The filp side is that when Yoshi starts trying to space to be just out of range, Bowser can use Fsmash to punish your spacing (he can punish Ike's Fair perfectly spaced). For the most part, you want to keep and sustain a lead since Bowser can effectively stuff approaches. The moment you lose the lead and approach, you'll be getting annoyed by Klaw and UpB.

I don't really know what to say when you're camping, but don't attempt to trade in the air. You mainly want to stay grounded and abuse pivot grabs, light egg tosses, and chaingrabs to get damage and keep stage control. When you get him to killing percents, just wait until you find a good enough opening. If he gets in and tries to combats you, go for the jab > down-b. If he's going low to sweetspot the edge, then grab the ledge and fall off and Uair him (you easily got about a 50% chance to land it).

Playing patient and only planning to frustrate Bowser will make this match much more simpler than trying to play differently.
Fortress eats moves for breakfast. Gimping Bowser is not as easy at it seems, and is completely reliant on Bowser not having his second jump. That being said, Yoshi wins this matchup pretty easily. It's quite simple.

1. Throw Eggs to force Bowser to approach.

2. Pivot grab him out of everything he does. If you can't grab him, throw more Eggs until you can.

3. CHAINGRAB LOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. Edgeguard him to hell.

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Captain Falcon - FULL SUMMARY]
Captain Falcon
Ratio: 55:45 Advantage
Summary:
Well, I'm sure you guys already know that you can chaingrab Falcon across the stage by grab releasing him, just like you can Meta Knight. It's not all that useful unless you're playing on a stage like Smashville or Final Destination though.

The two things that Yoshi mains should watch out for in this match-up are:
1.) Falcon's ability to punish Yoshi's recovery. I've started picking up on an interesting way to punish Yoshi offstage- since I noticed that 9/10ths of the Yoshis will use their up+bs about 2-3 times before using their second jump to recover. Falcon can run off the stage, use his fastfall to get below the egg toss range and jump -> knee / uair Yoshi. Sounds pretty silly and situational, but if the Falcon really wants to manipulate his speed to punish a common mistake that Yoshis tend to abuse, he can. Even if the first egg toss gets onto the stage before he can run off, he can dash -> shield -> buffered dash -> fastfall -> rising knee / uair.

2.) Falcon has some really good platform punishing options. This applies to most characters, but considering Yoshi's recovery can often place him in a position to land on a platform without too much control (and using up+B can result in a free opportunity for him to punish Yoshi just as easily), it's a good idea to avoid staying above him. Do NOT down+b a platform, you can get kneed. Do NOT shield or roll on a platform, you can get kneed. Falcon doesn't even have to move from below the platform. All he has to do is short hop to the left or right of the platform, wherever Yoshi is- and throw out a knee. It applies to all characters, but Yoshi leaves a lot of openings due to his high cooldown time.

Other than those factors; I'd say the match-up can go both ways. Yoshi has some nice kill potential and should be able to KO Falcon while he's below 100%, fresh. Yoshi has range as well, so the main thing you guys need to look out for is Falcon's aerials (which I believe are better than your own by quite a bit) - and his up tilt. His grab game isn't too useful against Yoshi, surprisingly - but his jab is amazing and can often guarantee it.
No, seriously, there are a lot of things that Falcon can't deal with in this match-up. What can Falcon do when Yoshi approaches? If we space b-air, we shouldn't be getting shield-grabbed because Falcon's grab has like Mario range. And if Falcon approaches? His aerial approaches are countered by pivot-grab/up-smash, and his ground approaches are countered by pivot-grab.

Falcon also loses to Yoshi in close-range. Yoshi's attacks are just faster and less laggier than most of Falcon's attacks. He also loses to Yoshi in the air unless he's below Yoshi. I'm pretty sure that all of Falcon's smashes can also be shield-grabbed.

And don't get me started on edge-guarding Falcon.

To be fair, Egg Toss isn't too useful in this match-up because Falcon has great mobility, so it's hard to camp him. Falcon also can get a lot of damage in when he finds an opening. It's just hard to get past a lot of Yoshi's moveset. I find this to be a 60:40 match-up in Yoshi's favor.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that Falcon is like a faster version of the Bowser match-up. I play those two really similarly... :confused:
Falcons baits are mad fresh, cuz he has that aerial double jump mixup thing going with his awesome fall speed, and he punishes commitments well. The key is to not commit to much, and to make sure you arent in his range, and then whenever he misspaces you can punish. Falcon can punished whiffed pivot grabs btw polt, and his back air hurts (it beats ours at some points). Uair is just godlike. Falcon has trouble getting back from the ledge, so punish him there, and hes also not too hard to combo. Passive agressive play works.
Falcons uptilt is god, and yoshi has a very hard time with it when used wisely.

55:45 yoshis favor. Also, falcon can only kind of edge guard yoshi, but not how darky sama suggested. He can just wait on stage, bait the air dodge and up air. Up B is a pretty sick move against yoshi, especially if the falcon is punishing spotdodges with utilts or downsmash.
Yoshi yoshi.

One of Falcon's (few) harder low tier match-ups. I'm not 100% certain about the ratio because I haven't played a good Yoshi since like April.

Falcon's got a really good pressure game on Yoshi with jab and bair camping. If Yoshi didn't also have a frame 3 jab we would **** you in CC. Falcon shouldn't be getting grabbed (he will eventually but just sayin') and if he does he won't take too much damage. Mash as fast as possible to screw up the Yoshi's timing.

We can live reeeaaally long against Yoshi. If you didn't know Falcon lives as long as Ganon (EXCLUDING Falcon's superior momentum cancelling). Yoshi has some pretty fast smash attacks with decent KO power, I will usually get turbo jab happy at CC to prevent getting smashed. Realistically your best KO option against Falcon is uair.

Air game is fairly even. We can uair juggle Yoshi fairly well... we just need to keep our spacing to avoid any nair combo breakers. Yoshi's bair and dair are SDIiable to SDI those...
Captain Falcon:

A pure match of who gets the momentum and who doesn't commit. Yoshi doesn't have any true reason to shield with the tools he has. Grounded wise, Falcon wins due to having a better damage output, but Yoshi isn't that far off with his Jab lock options and resets. People can SDI it, but then you'll just reset the match back to normal. Both characters don't want to use their other moves unless they see a good opening (except for Yoshi's Dtilt). Smashes should be used to counter good spacing (the pull backs on some of the smashes are useful to counter spacing).

Air-wise, Falcon wins if Yoshi tries to force his way close to Falcon. However, this is not how this matchup should work. Yoshi is just spacing if Falcon decides to commit approaching (which is where wavebounced egglay truly helps). There's nothing else to really explain in this portion other than that.

Falcon does have decent edgeguarding options on Yoshi provided that Yoshi pays attention to where he's positioned at. If Falcon is near the ledge and Yoshi upBs to recover, Falcon can go under and punish it (unless we go low enough to where the egg stays in your way), or if Yoshi uses his armor, Falcon can attempt to screw Yoshi over with upB, but yoshis would have to be not paying attention to get hit by it. On the filp-side Yoshi has the same amount of options (possibly more). Throw an egg short distance to apply zoning pressure and Yoshi turns this into a guessing game. Airdodge, Yoshi punishes with Dair or DJ Uair/Nair. Dodge it (either by jumping over or something), and Yoshi has a slight chance to push Falcon back out. Obviously Falcon won't be challenging the egg since it beats his options.

Overall, a slightly winning matchup to Yoshi mainly because he can zone better and add a little more pressure than Falcon, but as I said, it deeply depends on who zones better and gains momentum first.
Overall with the match-up, I'm agreeing with what a few people said. 45:55 Yoshi seems like an accurate ratio here. Leveling out basic match-up mentality, neither character really has much of an advantage over the other. I think someone stated my view back in a previous post:

It depends on which character is playing smarter and keeps the other pressured.

It's hard for me to agree that Yoshi has better 'tools' to his advantage to level the match-up, considering Falcon has better punishing options and amazing control over his pressure game- but there's no denying Yoshi's overall factors. Ability to rack up damage, KO potential, he has a grab release to get bits of damage in and force Falcon offstage, his egg toss counts as a projectile, so he can force an approach. Both characters are almost equally limited with their pros and cons though. Difficult to say ones greater than the other.
Yoshi's killing options :
-Reliable : Usmash
-High percent : Nair, sour Fair, Utilt ?, Ftilt ?
-Punishers : Fsmash, Uair, down B, Dsmash ?

Falcon's killing options :
-Reliable : Bair
-High percent : 2nd hit Nair, Ftilt, Uair, FK
-Punishers : Dsmash, Utilt, Fsmash, KNEEEEE, Usmash

So it all comes down to these 2 questions :
Does your opponent do stupid stuff ?
Does your playstyle make you keep your reliable KO move unstale ?
Falcon's average KO percents against Yoshi:

Final Destination; Upward:
~110% (airborne) from Yoshi's Uair.
140% from Yoshi's Upsmash.

Final Destination; Sides:
95% from Yoshi's Fsmash near the ledges.
130%+ from Yoshi's Fsmash near the center.

Battlefield; Upward:
Top Platform:
~80% Uair.
~95% Upsmash.
Grounded:
110% Upsmash.

Battlefield; Sides:
75% from Yoshi's Fsmash near the ledges.
110% from Yoshi's Fsmash near the center.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Samus]
Samus
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Jigglypuff]
Jigglypuff
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Link]
Link
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Zelda]
Zelda
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Ganondorf]
Ganondorf
Ratio:
Summary:
[/COLLAPSE]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
wtf is with your random *** ratios
The text explains everything... that is why it's there :)

@Slush: Whatever you prefer. I will add your stuff to the character summaries once they're ready as well if you'd like.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll try and finish this Best Neutrals/CP thing for every character then we can do best Stages for Yoshi against certain characters.
Also discussing Olimar for Stages.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Fixed, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Summary for bowser added.
EDIT2: Summary for Captain Falcon added as well.
EDIT3: Summary for Diddy Kong is also added. I'll add DK's once we have a number.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Why do people still use ratios, ****ing throwing out numbers and making it look like they know stuff

just put "disadvantage, Advantage, Slight Advantage/Disadvantage, etc"

people acting like try hards gonna be like "NO THAT RATIO IS 34.5:55.5 :mad:

but tbh I dont care since I don't play Yoshi

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi v. DK is 50:50 in the end, discuss

Ill add a summary later

Sharky

Smash Master
+1vote to change the images for the individual match-ups, those ones are super overused and bad imo =/

also op needs moar update

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
+1vote to change the images for the individual match-ups, those ones are super overused and bad imo =/

also op needs moar update
Irony, I was discussing this to Gashi over Skype. Two Yoshi's think alike I see.
And yeah those PNUTink images really Are Overused. Too atleast help i'll see if I can find some good ones and Yink too if she wishes. Also maybe add any random background image for the characters.

:320:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Since you're a furry and you must satisfy thy Furry furiends. You should probably get a Female lucario :awesome:
/sarcasm
As for pictures of some characters I'll provide a couple I guess.
Ike:

Wario:

Bowser:

Some of them will most likely need to be resized, too lazy to do this.

:320:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
AIGHT GUYS IM BRINGING THIS BACK NOW!!

Go to the group (link in OP) and vote on the Ganon MU number. I'll start the ICies discussion first thing tomorrow morning and I'll change out the images, update data, create summaries, and fix that disgraceful MU chart pic as well.

@Yink: Please don't delete this thread, and can I get a stickey up in here? The old MU thread is hella old and outdated.

EDIT: Here's the group: http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2360

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah I'll stick it. Hope you guys stay on track in this thread. Good luck and I'll be cleaning the board up this weekend!

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
AIGHT GUYS IM BRINGING THIS BACK NOW!!

Go to the group (link in OP) and vote on the Ganon MU number. I'll start the ICies discussion first thing tomorrow morning and I'll change out the images, update data, create summaries, and fix that disgraceful MU chart pic as well.

@Yink: Please don't delete this thread, and can I get a stickey up in here? The old MU thread is hella old and outdated.

EDIT: Here's the group: http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2360
Dude you should salvage the summaries from the old thread before Yink Nukes the boards. They might be a bit outdated but some stuff might still be pretty useful.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll just leave these here, and post a small summary on Ganon in a bit.

[collapse=MU Discussion Pictures]Sunic:

Luigi:

King D3:

Toon Link:

Meta Knight:

[/collapse]
Choose whichever, or none at all. Just better then PNUTink images IMO.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So, Im still waiting on votes for the ganon mu (a lot of people haven't given input yet so thats why it hasnt been added yet.

Also, should we just use this thread for the individual character discussions, or make separate threads again?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This is getting annoying...
Should I just make new threads for MU's, so we WON'T just have Yoshi mains opinion (Like the Group which wasn't really helping) and have the other respective mains Opinion as well?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'll make the IC discussion now then. Also, is anyone willing to make a graphic for the MUs? My photoshop skills aren't very good. If not, I guess I could spend a while fixing it or making a new one.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I asked Yink months ago if she'd make one. Which's also If you ever started it up again, and that's finally now.
Gashi makes one thread, someone else make the rest. He already has this to do and stuff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, I already made the IC one, but someone else can make the next ones if they'd like.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I mean I can do it guys, just tell me what you want on it (or if you trust me, I'll just make it).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I say you just make it :D

The completed ratios so far are in the OP, and I'll keep you updated as we complete character discussions.

Top Bottom