• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Hopes and Dreams

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As we all know, Smash Bros. 4 will be coming out eventually, and its pretty much a given that Yoshi will be a playable character. So, with that said, what do you want to be added/changed/left the same when it comes to the new Yoshi? Do you want him to have a new move? Changes on how his old moves work? What do you think they could do in general to improve him? Should he have a normal shield? Anything that pertains to Yoshi's potential, feel free to share.

Also, thank you to JayDeath of the Bowser Boards for giving me the idea for this thread.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
-shrug- atm Yoshi is like perfect in this engine minus the shield thing imo. A simple upsmash OoS would fix the Lucario matchup (and alot of others probably). We'll see. My only real hope is they don't screw him over.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Give him invincible 1-frame startup and 1-frame cooldown on everything.

Realistically, hitboxes that are actually consistent with his body (none of that dtilt or fsmash garbage in Brawl), though I would also accept disjoints. And, of course, a real shield.

Steam

Smash Hero
-shrug- atm Yoshi is like perfect in this engine minus the shield thing imo. A simple upsmash OoS would fix the Lucario matchup (and alot of others probably). We'll see. My only real hope is they don't screw him over.
yoshi probably couldn't punish luc's dair with upsmash OOS at kill% due to aura increasing shield stun. yeeeee

I would keep yoshi's shield... but give him a killing throw, and make it so egglay gimps people like in 64.

Depster

Smash Champion
Yoshi already has a useful DACUS tbqh. I would like his shield to be useful, meaning either melee's parry, OoS, or not so laggy. Also, his moves should fit his body or be disjointed, his tongue should grapple with zair and egg lay both, pummel should be more realistic and hit a lot harder, down b shouldn't be DI-able, Dair should be given it's 64 strength (dealing a maximum output of over 50), his dsmash should regain it's melee strength and go faster, his fair should go to n64 speed and always spike, egg roll should move faster, have consistent priority, and not disable yoshi, DJ should have more armor, dtilt should semi spike and have higher % trip, grab and egg lay should have more range, and his roll should have a lot more invincibility frames.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We should be able to jump while in egg roll (not jump cancel, just have the egg bounce off the ground) and allow us to break out of the egg with an attack while airborne or something (think Sonic's spindash kind of)

I also agree with almost everything Dep said except I dont think zair should grapple, cuz that would look weird but I do think we should have a zair. However, imo it should work like how egg lay's last grab frame works (the one that grab releases) always. Basically a move that pulls them to us and releases them giving us a couple frames of advantage to do something with. I also think egg lay's last frame thing should be fixed and that that move should always turn them into an egg.

EDIT: Another cool thing that Ive thought of a little that could work would be to allow someway to have the Yoshi's Story version of Egg Toss included (so with the crosshair moving up and down and throwing the egg perfectly straight and fast, without it being effected by gravity), but still allow the old lob to give us a mix up there. Maybe, if we hold down on the control stick as that currently doesnt effect the eggs aim, it just holds us in that ready to throw stance and makes the crosshair start to move around, then as soon as we let go we fire at the spot it was pointing. That way we can still have the old egg toss that we all know and love, but have an added option that can make our camping game (or our whole game in general) a little more versatile and allow some better mindgames/mixups/options.

Top Bottom