• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Yoshi Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

Green circles indicate the bone that is currently invincible.
Purple are grab boxes.

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

Note: Yoshi's tail stretches a bit in the game. That isn't shown here.

Excluding DAIR for now.

Ground pound has a little issue, currently.

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the wii u models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Thank you

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Neat, I was actually just wondering if we had these for Yoshi yet. The grab box for Dash grab seems kind of weird though, does it really extend upwards like that? Also, Jab 1 and Jab 2 are reversed. Anyway, thanks for posting these!

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Er, no.
I fixed them; they were attached to the wrong bone for some reason.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Some of these tail hitboxes look a bit short
Also those grab hitboxes still keeping its reputation of being bad and not having a hitbox on the way backkkk

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
It's a shame the current animation viewer you're using doesn't show bone scaling. It makes it difficult to properly read a character like Yoshi's hitboxes because his bones expand so much when he attacks (particularly for his tail attacks). This is cool nonetheless though.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
This is good to see. Egg Roll is lol.

B-air definitely isn't what I thought it was, but it explains a lot. Those first two swings of the tail often pass right through the opponent because they aren't within the circles on Yoshi's saddle. On the other hand, the third swing encompasses a larger area than I thought and explains how you can hit with it using Yoshi's chest. The hits are 1 frame, 1 frame then 2 frames for the last hit. So I should stop thinking about it as swinging a tail and instead envision popping three bubbles.

It's kind of sad to think that these moves would look worse if there were character model stretching. I can say from experience that Yoshi is done no favors on tilt attacks.

Is there something wrong with Egg Lay? I'd really like to know what that looks like. From what I've experienced, it might just barely reach the tip of the tongue.

Colony

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnimalColony
I came here to see egg lay and dair... :,(

Everything else is not surprising except Uair having a large hitbit that overlaps Yoshi... a ton.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I wanted to see the Egg Lay to compare it to the hitbox of Fair, and since it isn't here I tested it out myself.
From my very un-thorough testing (where I put Mega Man on the Battlefield side platform and threw a Fair/Neutral B from different distances), all I can say is that the ranges are EXTREMELY similar. Like, I couldn't find any distance where one of them would land while the other wouldn't.

That's I'll I've got for anyone who wanted to see the hitbox for Neutral B.

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Any news on when we can see the Down Air and hurtboxes? Really interested in that.
Great work btw.!

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
What what what when did this happen? I never even see you around on here Slice ._.

Colony

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnimalColony
I'd like to see where the shield is when yoshi is blocking, since it's different than the other characters.

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
Wonder how many of these moves can 2 frame at the ledge... looks like only Forward Tilt is viable, but only at the tip. That's unfortunate... I may just have to rely on Fair instead.

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
Wonder how many of these moves can 2 frame at the ledge... looks like only Forward Tilt is viable, but only at the tip. That's unfortunate... I may just have to rely on Fair instead.
Dair, dtilt, Dsmash, ftilt, nair can all two frame.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Utilt has wayyy more disjoint than that lol. I even went to the trouble of testing it myself.

As far as Egg Lay goes, the grab box seems to end a little bit away from the tongue, just like the rest of our grabs.

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
that up smash hitbox is not correct given my experience.

it has been seriously nerfed and only strikes at 2 angles

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Top Bottom