• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshi a technical character?

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
i've been wondering this for a lil minute. i believe there are some characters that take some techskill to work with.
is yoshi one of them?

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
almost evey character in the game has some unique tech, yoshi has a grab release among other things

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
almost evey character in the game has some unique tech, yoshi has a grab release among other things
I know, but at super top levels where dragonic reverse is a must, does yoshi contains the niche of a technical character better than the other cast? If there are more technical characters, please let me know.

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
I know, but at super top levels where dragonic reverse is a must, does yoshi contains the niche of a technical character better than the other cast? If there are more technical characters, please let me know.
I'd say things like Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Snake, Wario, Peach or R.O.B are more technical

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Link is very difficult to use if you don't know everything about him, or least people that are smart and know how to abuse him towards basic standards. His Bomb Slides are very difficult to master, took me months to straight up Bomb slide anyway I wanted to which is five ways not three like a regular Glide-toss. His DACUS or DAC he also has a BDACUS just like Falco but Falco only has his Dacus BDacus and Lasers which takes a few weeks to master that sort of entities, Link however has more than Falco which I can show later in my comment. His projectile are the best in the game without a doubt and they can be utilized in such a unique play that it will look like a masterpiece of art. For starters, his simple full hop arrow to double jump is difficult as heck if you don't have the right configure buttons checked off so that includes technicality towards correct button configurations.

The only thing that makes Yoshi technical at all is his Dragonic Revrse (a slide) and Double Jump Egg lay, (jumping in the air, canceling and Egg-laying foes), and ETS Egglay which is just a simple slide with Yoshi's Egg being tossed forwards or backwards his overall difficultly is like a three, why? His DR takes time to learn, but it's easier than Link's Bomb Sliding without a doubt; however, if Yoshi never had DR, then his difficultly would be a two or even a one, he's simple to use.

Towards difficulty as a character, Link is second to first. But as for most technical, then the winner is Lucas. Though Link should be a runner up or at least third maybe forth. ZSS (Zero Suit Samus) second Snake third and Link forth though I believe Link is more technical than Snake since he can do many variations towards his Arrows, Bombs, Gale Boomerang, and Chain Claw Hook-shot (Z-air) and he can I know this. Though Snake has Gernades, C4 with no real creativity since it's just placed on the ground, and his Senor Bomb which is used for Footstool sort of tactics to Jab locks stuff which is pretty creative and technical. Just to let you know man, creativeness ALWAYS means technical. The fact that no one thought of that type of game-play or ideas boggles others people's minds. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well Yoshi definitely isn't the character with the most ATs in the game.

But that doesn't mean he's easy to master though, he plays very diferently from the rest of the cast and you have do adapt to situations that no other character has to deal with, such as not being able to jump Oos which sucks, being obligued to not use tap jump if you don't want to waste your double jump while using a Up B, requires a really big amount of patience (that's not something easy, Y'know?) and some other things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

super top levels
yoshi
dragonic reverse
a must

lololololololol

I'd say Yoshi's pretty damn technical in his on right. Top 5 in the game, at least. You can choose to be basic and straightforard, in the way of simply spamming egg & Pivot Grab, but he has much more to exploit than that. DJEL (Double Jump Egglay) & DR (Dragonic Reverse) a lot for way more flexibility. Like, you suddenly have a really freaking mobile command Grab and a bit of extra mobility in the form of DR (Yoshi really appreciates mobility). There's a reason Yoshi's metagame never developed beyond athan the aforementioned Egg spam & Pivot Grab.

Top Bottom