• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi´s Story Recovery

CheAkiwara

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys !

I know all of you know the pain of playing on Yoshi´s. Shy-Guys everywhere and then theres Randal who just loves to eat PK-Thunders in the most crucial moments but theres even something even more horrible than those two factors combined.
Trying to recover from below in a 90° angle. I always sweetspot my PKT2 on other stages but on Yoshi its either hit or miss.

It is really strange for me because sometimes I can sweetspot but at other times I get knocked away in a really weird way. Like this.

Anyone knows how to avoid getting knocked back by the ledge?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
It's a matter of how far down you are. If you're slightly high from the sweetspot point then you'll end up veering right instead of sweetspotting but you'll most likely still grab ledge anyway, it's just easier for opponent to hit you. If you're slightly low from the sweetspot point, you'll fall enough while swinging pk thunder around that you'll die. You have to go very low. Like game and watch low.

It takes a while to get a feel for the point you need to start pk thunder, but there isn't much in the way of a set up for it. If you're too far away from the wall it won't work and you'll straight up die, but if you're close enough the input is basically guaranteed. You just start pkt, do it normally, but hold straight towards the stage at the end and it will guide you with zero work involved.

Honestly it's the easiest recovery he has on any stage.

Last edited:

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. A good thing to add is that the same sort of bouncing off effect that you get on YS that works does not work as consistently on FoD. It's a slightly smaller window and the recovery is easier to mess up.

Top Bottom