• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YO luigi peeps....

boss8

Smash Hero
SO....

it has come to my conclusion that luigi cant/has no approaches.....but that doesnt mean give up....you have the percent lead u have the tools to wait it out so do so...

fireballs-yea there slow and opponents can see them coming....but they can still be hella annoying for people who like to stay airbourne or platform camp...

luigi has the zoning-when your in your opponents zone get as much damage as possible (in M2K's case the most u can do is throw him and back off and wait) haha na but this goes for any mk....get in...get the damage and get out......

the key to luigi's approaching is to not approach at all-for all u people who like to be aggro..im sry i love going aggro to...but this is a gay game and people will do nothing but freely shield grab and take advantage of ur aggresivness....

use fireballs and if they come in for damage hold ur ground and be ready to counter attack and show em wassup....be quick and nimble...most people are gonna wait for your bairs to shield grab so FAKE EM OUT!!!! lol (unless they have a sword or projectile in there hand)

fox trotting out of there range is a good way to bait a shield and scare them.....also dnt be afraid to mindgame either....get out ur pen and pad and take notes....u know what he will do on his first stock....either take notes and use it in game 1 or save it for an emergency....thats what i do....(unless my opponent is EXTREMLY easy)

the AA combo is great for mixups.....

i love luigi but we have been going down hill since MLG and MLG ohio....lets step it up....

dnt get me wrong if there is a matchup u cant go luigi on u have those pocket characters dnt be afraid to do so....we wont hate u...:laugh::laugh:

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Yea, I agree. It's sad that a character with so much going for him is ruined because of stupid gimmicks that the producers thought would be funny to do.

Slow air mobility, poor range, and no traction ruined what could have been one if the most deadly characters in brawl.

*sigh -_-, sadly I can't bring it to myself to drop Luigi, but I will be using him more of a secondary for some matchups with him as I begin to attempt to use some better characters.

Expect a lot of snake out of me at Raleigh, with Luigi as more a secondary. Don't worry I won't ever drop him. I just can't do it :)

TheMann

Smash Ace
The sad but true realization :(

People like to complain about how strong he is too. He deserves to kill at like 70% since his range is so bad XD. But yeah I say never give up. Luigi fo life! Always use him even if you dont main him!

makoforce

Smash Ace
sadly people laugh at luigi cause he has no approaches then by the time they realise it all u did was walk up to them
so the mind is so very powerful

lordhelmet

Smash Master
sadly people laugh at luigi cause he has no approaches then by the time they realise it all u did was walk up to them
This. You guys have a lot of options and one can simply mindgame the opponent by just walking up to them.

HyL!

Smash Lord
****, mako inspired a lord of a helmet with that, and excellent read boss,going to take this into effect for raleigh this weekend, should help. probably balancing out luigi and lucario, unless one just gets destroyed :S maybe wolf or icies against marth.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Dang the mann said exactly what I was going to. Everyone whines all day about luigi's killpower, but in reality its all he has... and even then it only brings him up to mid tier. I dunno he's good but you need a secondary or something for those gay characters that camp too hard.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigis average i'd say. Not amazing, not bad, but good. I sorta like how balanced he is, has enough pros and cons to make him very balance

makoforce

Smash Ace
he is amazing is nair is anyway i get alot of ragequits with it lol

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199907

we should all read this thread and get to know our character
like boss said weve been going down hill since MLG and most of us really dont know our character unlike say the marth boards who knows their like *THAT* and they know what they have to do to make him better we need to be like that we should really get hit bubbles for luigi just saying cause our moves have more range then we know

IM JUST SAYIN lol

BSP

Smash Legend
Boss is right, We need to step it up.

Let's get some initiative...What do we need to do?

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Lolz at Hippie, some1 bring him here XD

Anyways...Ya I guess luigi isn't much of an aggro character unless he gets inside, but that idea does work. Do as much damage as possible when your inside and then leave (when ever you have an opening) nice read boss. We can get camped, shield grabd, etc. o,o"

I say all we weegee mains one day get together at a tourney (Pound) and discuss stuff there : O not about match ups but luigi in general.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
luigi is a gud character by 4 i love his aproch fireball +tornado always get them 4 me i love snake vs luigi its easy 4 me because wen he throw grenade i throw fireball and it cancel grenade. only thing bad about luigi is his recovery because its so noticeable against olimar wen u down n u use tornado to get up he use up or down smash to hit u. i only go luigi on certain characters such as lucario wario and olimar i love the match up with luigi but i main mario oli is easy 4 me wit mario but if u play luigi u hav to play Mario idky but its gud to all luigi mainers and mario mainers

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I agree. It's sad that a character with so much going for him is ruined because of stupid gimmicks that the producers thought would be funny to do.

Slow air mobility, poor range, and no traction ruined what could have been one if the most deadly characters in brawl.

*sigh -_-, sadly I can't bring it to myself to drop Luigi, but I will be using him more of a secondary for some matchups with him as I begin to attempt to use some better characters.

Expect a lot of snake out of me at Raleigh, with Luigi as more a secondary. Don't worry I won't ever drop him. I just can't do it :)

i feel the same way, just thinking of not playing as him makes me sick but boss is right some people that main luigi just think do damage and then up b to win. i knew after watching luigi combo vids and tourney matches the only ones who actually stand out is boss,big lou.i see alot of potential in all the other weegees that i saw but they hav to reach that point where they see their mistakes before it happens then they fix it clear thinking is wat i call it boss told me not to rely on that up b.and hes right the up b is suppose to be unexpected because in melee b4 you where using weegee(if you used him) that up b surprise the **** you and you know it
.you know how you play some one and then all of a sudden you start to own and the match ends with you 2 stocking them well some are over whelmed and forget how to play like that again till the next time it happens well thats just clear thinking no kneed to stress out thats how most weegees misses their up b alot i was told play smart not hard and i go by "What ever can be predicted can be PUNISHED!" so before you play your next match or tourney match think about a positive outcome and how to get there.just last month i lost to a diddy three stock then a month later i 2 stock 'em so my results where good so yours can be too.:)

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
This is me, letting you know that my Luigi is now on a very big losing spree....

BSP

Smash Legend
You feel slower in brawl because of melee? Shouldn't melee help you get faster in brawl?

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
no melee is already fast melee make u slow well, to some people. to me when im done playing melee and go to brawl im slow. but when my friend play melee then go to brawl it make him fast.

boss8

Smash Hero
retreating bairs to reverse fireball is amazing O_O....(kinda like TL's arrows)

Ftilt for spacing is amazing....

also pivot jabbing......

if your fighting a grab happy opponent

also luigi fox trotting is really safe...i play a defensive luigi

unless my opponent is free....smirk

but vs MK imma always play it safe....

also dthrow to immediate utilt is auto on every character....(at 0% only)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
retreating bairs to reverse fireball is amazing O_O....(kinda like TL's arrows)

Ftilt for spacing is amazing....

also pivot jabbing......

if your fighting a grab happy opponent

also luigi fox trotting is really safe...i play a defensive luigi

unless my opponent is free....smirk

but vs MK imma always play it safe....

also dthrow to immediate utilt is auto on every character....(at 0% only)
I'm gonna learn alot from you broski. :chuckle:

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Yo guys I'm back to Luigi... I'm so sorry I stopped using him in tournament but that's all changed now!! Using him @ KTAR against Will 2nd match (vid is up) and seeing him so slow and just... not up to par anymore. So today I played with Luigi ALL day and I'm glad to say he's back and he's gonna stay there!! Watch out for Jband, his Luigi's comin in hard at the next NJ tournament

Note: I have not dropped MK, I may use him if Luigi somehow gets crushed or if I feel a NEED to use him. I will be going Luigi for @ LEAST 1st match of every set though.

On topic: Luigi is on a losing spree, but don't lose faith in him... I feel that once Luigi can ZONE in on someone its very hard for them to get out if u predict correctly... but yea alot of players are learning how to handle him =/.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
nice to hear that jband ;)

Well, luigi has problems, it's true, but like Boss says, Reverse fireballs are effectif.
I notice that Tornado with correct use can be very effectif against heavy tiers or with weak shield option.
Instead of combine it with Fireball/ reverse fireball, jump over the head of the oppenent and use tornado BUT notice: Stay in the air! don't fell down, because the oppenent will probably shield grab u if u land on the ground. Just at the end, go down of the opposite position where the oppenent looks.

It's very hard to make it because one mistake and you gonna punished hard x/ but with me it works on 95 %. (Well yeah, i fail it few times.)

(Hope that pple understand what i mean, my english isn't really easy for me :/ )

Roxer

Smash Rookie
If I want to aproach with Luigi I usually use the cyclone.. 'cause is easy to hit a run and is a long atack with a long duration, but it hurts so little... but I have some problems with a falco and a snake.... the best thing I can do with both of them is gettin' them in to the air.. luigis best attacks are in the air.. specially against a snake

Top Bottom