• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo, help me for Apex

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Well. We have Mu threads on GaW and ZSS so, read those, they have quite a bit of knowledge, I'll pull up what I discussed in a Tourney thread about Falco vs Oli. Hold on.
I knew nothing of the Oli Mu, so here is what I got from an Oli main ->

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PokeMastr
*Gasps* Tin Missed my Joke.

The lasers do the approaching while you sit back camping.
Thus, he always approaches.

As For Falco vs Oli.

Camping does help us out a bit. Though, you're going to have to watch out for the Pikmin toss, you can Jab/ Nair them away, so, if it's two Campy players, expect a long Match.

Now, since Falco is a fast Faller, He can annoyingly D-Throw -> Usmash (SDi this too, Away from Oli ) -> Uair ( SDi this up, down, left or right. or you're in a world of pain).

Oli main: The Uair isn't Guaranteed. Also, Olimar has a guaranteed Dthrow (non purple) to Dair to Usmash on Falco. As well as Dthrow to Fair. Also, Dthrow to Usmash is guaranteed on almost every character. Peach is possibly the only exception. You make it sound like Fast fallers are the only ones that can get Dthrown to Usmashed.

Quote:
Since Falco's except Aggralco's. Are Prone to Laser x __ -> Phantasm. Olimar can U-Tilt, Or D-Tilt This, or even Usmash us out of it if he has a Yellow Pikmin, Or throw a Purple at us.
Or Nair, dash attack, Fsmash, or run to the phantasm length and charge a Usmash. Falco's respond to this by cancelling their phantasm early then punishing.

Quote:
Though, after watching Rain fall from the sky. I realised, Falco doesn't hit the ground when he's hit out of it, meaning, you can Just Phantasm again ( Don't phantasm offstage to your death ). Though if you do touch the ground, he can.. Pretty much use any move against us that hits in 15 Frames or Faster ( Like a Sh Fair for Example) [ Frame 13 ].

So, don't phantasm mindlessly, you're going to be punished for it, if you see him U-Tiltling, for those of you who can ( It's a Free Dacus or Hyphen Smash ). (When you Aim for cool down lag, it is)

Oli main: Depends on the distance really. Dacus isn't guaranteed on a Utilt.

Quote:
Another way to beat the Pikmin toss is to reflect them back at him, reflecting purples is so rewarding.

Now, if you land a a grab at low Damages, you CAN CG him.
I've been told it's a boost grab CG, others say walking ( I've seen it done before ) Some say regular Dash, though, boost seems to reward me more, anyway, you get 6 D-Throws on him, and a follow up Dair.

Oli CAN SDi the Dair on stage rendering our Spike useless.. well.. if he doesn't tech on stage, we can follow up with an Fsmash, Jab, Grab, Dash Attack, Dsmash, Usmash, Tilts, and other Aerials.

If he doesn't SDi the Dair, he can instant Up B to the ledge, but, the Dair may or may not have killed all of his Pikmin, meaning, Oli could fall to his Death. As well as meteor cancel.

Now, when Oli is recovering, assuming they Di up, and he's coming down, they like to whistle as an Insurance Policy just in case they're hit, then they punish us [ Dabuz/ Rich Brown Whistle -> Dair Spike ]

Oli main: Whistle -> Nair is more common

Quote:
Knowing this, we can Bair the whistle when he's coming back, and Attack after the whistle armour ends, it's not too Difficult to do. ( It really isn't )

Oli main: That's questionable with a 4 frame window + frames of Nair/Another whistle. If you hit Olimar while you whistle, better make sure your not in range to get counter attacked.
( Two whistles -> 5 frame window) ( Whistle Nair -> 10 frame window to hit Oli )
Quote:
Now, when we ledge hog, they like to throw a Pikmin at us to get us off, or Uair the ledge, if they throw a Pikmin and it's not Purple, you're safe.
If they go for a Uair. Ledge Drop Bair works well. ( I didn't say it beat Uair, ledge drop Bair was meant if they go for, not if they do).

No. Olimar's Uair beats All of Falco's aerials (when Falco challenges them from above). This is only safe when you drop down with your invincible frames. It's likely due to hit lag that the frames will wear off. What's better is to DI up & away from the edge when your ledge hogging so that even if Olimar tether's you, you don't get stage spiked. This may also allow you to escape a miss spaced Uair since you'll DI out before the last hit, and regrab the edge. If Olimar is not high enough to propel himself back on stage with his upB, he'll die. Olimar's also like to Fair someone on the edge. Falco's drop down Bair option helps with this.

Quote:
Sometimes, they Whistle -> Up B on the stage if you grab the ledge, a way to counter this is get up, Usmash/ Grab/ Jab. ( I didn't say plat, but, okay ).

Oli main: If they get on a platform, your punish doesn't work.

Or ledge attack. Though, you must react quickly or you'll miss your chance to punish.

Quote:
Up Close, don't fear his grabs, Air Dodging in and buffering a Jab is pretty safe for the most part.

Oli main: A charged Usmash or pivot grab beats the air dodge option. It's not safe. if you short hop, use an aerial (Dair, Bair, Nair) to shield pressure, then jab to prevent a Usmash OoS/grab. Olimar can remedy this by holding his shield and waiting for your follow up, you Usmashing OoS a non properly spaced aerial, but Falco can counter this by properly spacing his aerials and grabbing Olimars shield if he knows he's going to shield.

Quote:
Then you can go for a Jab -> Grab.
Jab -> Jab -> Repeat.
Or the Multi hit Jab. If you go for the Multi hit Jab know that if they SDi up, they can Dair/ Fair/ Nair us. And if they SDi down and behind us, they can Fsmash/ Usmash us ( 14 Frame Advantage when they get behind us when we Jab )

Oli main: Olimar can Usmash Falco OoS between the 1st and 2nd hit and between the 2nd and continuous it.

Quote:
Dairing him up close, works well, if he blocks it, Jab, and hope it hits him.

lol.

Quote:
Using Bair/ Nair/ Dair to punish his aerials works well.
If he hits our Shield at 120%+ Usmash him Oos.

Oli main: lol. And retreating Fair is safe on anyone's shield. Any other aerial can get punished on block.

Quote:
Mid Ranged, Using F-Tilt as a spacing tool works pretty well, it's safe on Block for the most part.

Oli main: Olimar's Fsmash and Grab are medium range tools. Dacus is Falco's. Ftilt is close range.

Quote:
If he's above us on a Platform, our Best options are a Full Hop Dair or Bair, never a Short Hopped ( He can Usmash Oos this ), though, you can U-Tilt and Usmash from under to be safe ( They get clipped by the end of Usmash when they're up there [ SV Plats Too ).

Oli main: You can Uair Falco out of a Full hop Bair/Dair on reaction...
You can Yellow Dair o Falco that just camps under the platform. Not to mention, Olimar can also grab or Dsmash a Falco that tries any kind of jump option.

Quote:
Camping really Aid in this Mu.

Stages I suggest you Avoid are.. Castle Seige and Delfino, They both have a walk off Zone, but, we can't gimp Oli there for the most part on either, the first Part of Seige gives Oli amazing control, the second part means we can't gimp him, the third Part is just trouble for Falco.

Delfino is self explanitory now.

Oli main: You'd be better off banning Yoshi's or Lylat.

Quote:
Stages you want to take him, FD, BF, Sv, Ps1, even RC/ BStar if you know how to use them well.
FD, BF, SV, and Rainbow. PS1 and Brinstar aren't nearly as good.

I use Ps1 to time people out. Works like a charm.

Hope this helps!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lmao, Bleachigo he took all that time to find those posts and you basically called him a ***** and asked for gimmicks.

ahahahahahaha

Top Bottom