• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo Davis People

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
I'll be here till Christmas eve probably, when are you free?

Are you on the facebook group? If not send me your name so I can add you, easiest way to play Davis ppl is facebook.

Stev

Smash Ace
I'll be here till Christmas eve probably, when are you free?

Are you on the facebook group? If not send me your name so I can add you, easiest way to play Davis ppl is facebook.
No. I'm on break so I'm pretty much free whenever. Name's Steve Rose. I go to Cal Poly

mizujin

Smash Cadet
I'm from Davis too. I'm 14 though so I don't get out of school until next week. :(

And going to some older guy's place cause he wants to play with me is a bit creepy.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I started playing when I was 15 and I thought the same thing dude

But if smash community is known for anything, its how friendly the community is.

I was like the only high school kid in my area for like 2 years playing with the college peeps

mizujin

Smash Cadet
It's Davis anyways, it's not like anything bad's gonna happen
Ironically, our car was broken into today...
But yeah, Melee community is great. I went to a tourny and everyone was really nice. I've also gone to Ericson's place once (remember me? I'm that spud kid) and he was cool too.
Still though, I couldn't help but think of the worse. I mean, I was going to the house of some random dude I met on the Internet. Everything I've ever learned told me not to do that.

mizujin

Smash Cadet
How is the Melee scene in Davis so far? :confused: Also my brother at Orientation said UCD had the most **** report cases out of all of the UCs.
Well I feel ******** now.
And vulnerable.:urg:
Melee community is cool and all, but that's... Discouraging to know.
But whatever.

And the car thing wasn't so bad, nothing was stolen. We still have to pay like $250 to get the window replaced though.

Stev

Smash Ace
And the car thing wasn't so bad, nothing was stolen. We still have to pay like $250 to get the window replaced though.
Dude, that sucks. I've only ever seen that happen once when I was in high school like 6 years ago. Aside from that (and still so far from my experience) Davis had been really crime free and safe. I doubt anyone you're gonna meet online here is gonna be sketchy if they're located in Davis

mizujin

Smash Cadet
I doubt anyone you're gonna meet online here is gonna be sketchy if they're located in Davis
Yeah, I know, but there's always a small chance...
I got so scared going over to Ericson's that I asked a friend to come with me. :scared:

I've got trust in the community now, though.
And I'm out for winter break, let's play some Smash! :bee:

mizujin

Smash Cadet
Well, uh, not today. :p
It's raining (I bike everywhere, being Davis and all...) and I've got a bit of a cold, but how 'bout maybe tomorrow or Sunday?

Plus I haven't played since like mid-November, I need a day to brush up on my (mediocre) skills.

mizujin

Smash Cadet
Oh, pssh. Instant messengers are so 2003. No one uses those anymore.
At least that's true for people in my age group.
Apparently it's cool between you college pplz.

But I'll make one...
In a few hours. Gotta do some stuff.

mizujin

Smash Cadet
Well add me on Facebook then. I'm not on that much but just send me a message whenever.
Name's Marco Spud Gomez.

mizujin

Smash Cadet
I didn't, but I wish I could have. I seriously doubt my parents are going to drive me to Concord to play some smash. And asking if I could go with someone else (like any of you guys) would be begging for a lecture.

So no, I didn't go. :(

Top Bottom