• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YL’s Down Air

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
Am I the only one that thinks YL’s dair is absolutely the worst move he has if it’s not used to land on the ground? I can’t count the amount of times that input buffer has cost me a stock/match thanks to it buffering out dair and it’s stupidly massive endlag instead of nair. Normal Link doesn’t have this problem, and it’s just an all around better version of it with way less endlag (in the air), a spike hitbox, longer range, and better killing power all around. :/

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hm. It's the opposite for me. It's a fabulous move. It's not as good as it was in previous games. (Many more characters can challenge it directly.) But a down-air without fast-fall is incredibly safe. If the opponent shields, you bounce off with the hitbox still below you. So many opponents jump into it.

I haven't had the buffer issues you're describing.

woodstck

Smash Rookie
I think it is really situational. I like to suprise opponents with it as a landing option when I'm getting juggled. It combos from bombs and kills at hi% and works fairly decent as a shield pressuring tool.

I agree that Link's is better but we gotta work with what we have right?

Top Bottom