• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YinkTube - Young Link Video Archive (9 NEW videos added 1/19/19)

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

YinkTube - VIDEO LIBRARY & CRITIQUES
Welcome! Please read the Thread Guidelines before posting!
Thank you!

Videos posted here are subject to community critique.
All library videos will be organized into the following categories:
  • Multiplayer
    • 1v1
    • 2v2
    • Other competition level footage

When posting a video link please write down the player names, the characters, the date that it was recorded, and any other important notes about the video (such as the name of a Tournament, Format, Series, or Tutorial).
Example: Armada (Young Link) vs. HungryBox (Falco, Jigglypuff) - 7/14/14 - EVO 2014 Melee
So, without further delay...

Most Recent Uploads

Colinies vs Cosmos - 12/21/18 - LSW 2 :ultinkling: GF
Colinies vs Hackoru - 12/21/18 - LSW 2 :ultinkling:
Tico vs PG | Tantalus - 12/12/18 - S@X 280 :ultrob::ultcloud:
Zan vs FAD | Nicko - 12/24/18 - HAT 47 :ultshulk:GF
BxA | Ross vs Tempo | Zero - 1/5/19 - SC United :ultcloud:
Snappy vs WAR - 1/14/19 - Poi Poundaz 2 :ultkrool:WS
The Buzzsaw vs Redx - 1/1/19 - Elite Smash :ultchrom:
The Buzzsaw vs Poofums - 1/3/19 - Elite Smash :ultpalutena:
SmashBro99 - 1/6/19 - "Projectiles are nuts"

1 VS. 1

Teams

Other Competition Level Footage

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

Non-Combat Videos and Additional Resources
Knowledge is power. Take a look around and enjoy the new powers.
Thank you!

Guides
Advanced Techniques
Glitches
Combo videos
Projectiles are nuts! - SmashBro99
Fun little string I pulled off.
Informative videos
Misc. Videos
Local Guru Libraries
Additional Resources

• YouTube Channels
  • Twitch Channels
  • Discords

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

IMPORTANT NEWS AND INFO
I'll keep you up to date on changes to this thread and anything to do with Young Link news.

Date|Details
6.21.2018 |
Young Link Confirmed to be returning to Super Smash Bros. in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate said:

11.1.2018 |
Full roster + 6 DLC characters confirmed. Demos will contain the full roster of fighters from now on. said:

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Thanks TheBuzzSaw TheBuzzSaw - There's lots of Young Link footage coming in right now. Looks like there's a lot of people excited for his return. I have a lot of school work to attend to but I'll happily start tackling some of those videos when I get some time.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I recorded a few of my elite matches. I don't think they need to be added to the archive, but feedback is welcome.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Reinforcing the main reason I hate Chrom so much. His recovery is so garbage. One tiny nair at the end was all that was needed to end a whole stock. Such a massive weakness. Great looking set nonetheless. He's definitely a powerhouse but overall, I feel Chrom has an uphill battle vs Young Link.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
One tiny nair at the end was all that was needed to end a whole stock.
Yesh... but it was a royal pain to position myself to exploit that opportunity. Chrom is not afraid of Young Link at all. He moves fast and hits hard. I feel like people make this mistake every game. "Oh, Cloud's recovery is bad. It goes straight up and does not snap. People will learn how to gimp him." CLOUD BECOMES S TIER ANYWAY (in Smash 4).

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Yesh... but it was a royal pain to position myself to exploit that opportunity. Chrom is not afraid of Young Link at all. He moves fast and hits hard. I feel like people make this mistake every game. "Oh, Cloud's recovery is bad. It goes straight up and does not snap. People will learn how to gimp him." CLOUD BECOMES S TIER ANYWAY (in Smash 4).
Yeah but I feel people were more hesitant to go off stage and edge guard in 4. Air dodging was way more powerful in 4 as well, making it more difficult to gimp characters like Cloud, despite his terrible recovery. I think Chrom is a bit better than Cloud.

As for your footing, its gonna be tough against characters like Chrom who are very speedy and play full aggro. Z-dropping bombs on the ground is a good way to break his flow, as he'll have to respect it by either avoiding it or risk running through it, in which case you can punish both options. I do it a lot vs these types of characters to force reactions. Just remember, you're the one with projectiles while they have none. They have to approach you. If he doesnt come to you, he's gonna get punished.

I think you did great in the set regardless.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
My Elite Young Link is about 3.1M GSP. Who would be interested in me streaming matches? On that same note, is anyone else streaming Elite Young Link?

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Seeing an old Link main turn Young Link main is always ok to be streamed in my book.

Top Bottom