• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yink moves, low priority?

eskimoeythegreat

Smash Rookie
I've been grinding playing Young Link as my main, and lately, I've been noticing a lot of my moves lose to moves it shouldn't lose to. Sorry if it's a bit confusing. But here's 2 examples from today alone. I used DAir against KRool's NAir and my sword went through his body and hit his belly armour. Next example is; I shot an arrow at Wolf while he did his NAir. My arrow went into his back and was beaten by the weak hitbox on Wolf's leg during NAir.

Is anybody else having similar issues? Is this why we aren't really seeing Yink play in really high level at super majors?

LuckAndPluck

Smash Rookie
Well, regarding the arrow vs. Wolf nair, any projectile will be beat by an attack that covers the projectile's hitbox. You might already know that, but since Young Link's arrows aren't huge (like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball or Samus' Charge Shot) I assume they should be easy to beat.
Personally, I haven't been dealing with a lot of "low priority" issues. Usually, I can be predictable with my approaches (like spamming falling nair) and my opponent will throw out a slightly early attack.

Top Bottom