• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Apex 2013 Yoshis
From Left to Right: Raptor, Aggronizing, MX​
Apex 2012 Yoshis
Top Row (Left to Right): Karamity, Poltergust, Celes(Laago), Sharky, Firefly, Scatz!, Slush​
Bottom Row (Left to Right): Silent Beast, Raptor, MX, Deltacod​
Dead Center: Vman​
Sexily Posing in the front left: D-Torr​

Lightbringer and Scatz Let's Play Series!

So Big's been doing his own Let's Play series and you all should start watching them since they rock.

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1bigman40

Subscribe and leave comments, Big demands them!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lightbringer-Scatz-Lets-Play-Series/103117423104166?sk=wall&filter=1

Mr. Gimmick

Banjo Kazooie

Yoshi's Story

Battletoads

Tetris Attack - Watch to see just how much of a robot Scatz is!

Chik Fil A - The Best Game Ever

Cool Pictures Bro

Featured Post

Yo, my ***** Delta the illest ***** on the dam planet son. ***** gonna go to Ktar n blow **** up after not touching the game in weeks dawg. Ain't no one got da ***in skillz liek my ***** Delta. He da Yoshi prodigy man. That's right. The motha****in Yoshi prodigy, gonna be da rapist on da block. No one can *** wit this ***** man. All these freebie *****s like Polt, Hades, Firefly, n **** got nothing on em. Yall betta not go to Ktar fo he gonna show all yall dat ya playin da wrong character. I herd dat ***** Sharky tryna get on dat camping status. ***** ain't got **** on ma ***** Delta. Da ****ing prodigy came out camping motha****in batmans in dey OWN ****ING REGION DAWG. I also herd dem *****s Slush and Yika on dat technical ****. ***** don't even need to do as much **** and he gets betta placings! This ***** invented the ***in Usmash combo dawg! I've seen Polt tryna get on dat Usmash status, but he just gonna be known for smellin liek da dam rotten tomato. This ***** dont even play no more and he gonna post betta results than all these *****s combined man. *** outta here with dat ****. Everyone motha***in free when da Yoshi prodigy walkin round.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yoshi General Discussion: Get *****, Chaco! -dying- Discuss.

Man, this was the best thread idea ever.

Airborne

Smash Lord
naw, eff dat! you haven't ate true pizza until you come to donato's in andover, lexington, kentucky and let me make you a thin crust pepperoni, sausage, and bacon, with enough sauce to give you an orgasm, and topped with the zinger spice, just to give it that perfect taste.... i've kinda become a pizza connoisseur ever since i started working there 2 years ago. XD

bigman40

Smash Master
naw, eff dat! you haven't ate true pizza until you come to donato's in andover, lexington, kentucky and let me make you a thin crust pepperoni, sausage, and bacon, with enough sauce to give you an orgasm, and topped with the zinger spice, just to give it that perfect taste.... i've kinda become a pizza connoisseur ever since i started working there 2 years ago. XD
This guy knows how to satisfy my taste buds lol. Shiri and I gotta come there one time to taste it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Are discussion threads basically spam threads? ._.

Oh no! I'm spamming, too! D:

Airborne

Smash Lord
i definitely think i should get the pizza making superlative when that time comes around again. ;)
i'll take a pic of the next one i make just so you guys can see how amazing it is...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also to any of you on the chat that night....

Raichu **** bricks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, I'm setting up a biweekly in Chatt with a few dudes. Maybe Scat can come. <.<

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I heard food. >_>

Also, welcome back Lil' B! :D

Uh, as far as rules go, you ladies are pretty intelligent so I think I can trust you to handle yourselves.

I'm not going to sticky this since it will be popular enough on its own to constantly be at the top of the thread list.

If anything gets out of hand while I'm not looking, just let me know.

OH MY GOSH I HAVEN'T HAD A CBR IN MONTHS

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: I heard food. >_>

Also, welcome back Lil' B! :D

Uh, as far as rules go, you ladies are pretty intelligent so I think I can trust you to handle yourselves.

I'm not going to sticky this since it will be popular enough on its own to constantly be at the top of the thread list.

If anything gets out of hand while I'm not looking, just let me know.

OH MY GOSH I HAVEN'T HAD A CBR IN MONTHS

I had a CBR last saturday step it up Shiri

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
Cool, a general chat thread. I guess this is a good idea since it might prevent people from being off-topic in other threads.

So, what was the game that caused y'all to be Yoshi fans?

bigman40

Smash Master
Cool, a general chat thread. I guess this is a good idea since it might prevent people from being off-topic in other threads.

Every game that has had Yoshi as a selectable character (that was popular) I've used him, except SSB and SSBM. I wasn't playing competitively then, so I was using Mario much more exclusively than Yoshi.

BTW, Shiri, you should modify the links thread by Kiwi with some of the other important stuff that's being developed now.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Probably Super Mario World. Mario riding a dinosaur that ate things was awesome. Flying blue Yoshi ftw. I remember using him in the original Mario Kart on SNES, too (though I used Koopa more often). And yeah, like Scatz, I generally use Yoshi in any game where he's available, though Yoshi was my 2nd to Kirby in SSB.

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
Statistically, Yoshi should be a beast. He's heavyweight, decently agile, and has high damage % on many of his moves. Unfortunately, Yoshi's downsides are things the metagame has been designed to exploit.

Despite this, I feel the following makes Yoshi a very viable character.

A well designed game, the the tools to play it: Fact, Yoshi does not gimp people easily (save D-air, but thats a perk, not a goal), so Yoshi wishes to get the opponent's damage high then attempt some sort of knock out. Fortunately, many of Yoshi's attacks set up for eachother. Yoshi's up-smash can be combo'd with itself at low percents, allowing Yoshi 30-50% on unwarry opponents, his eggs have just enough knockback/stun to set up for another well aimed egg, and Yoshi is even packing a chaingrab. I personally don't attempt most of my non d-air kills until ~130%, and when the opponent starts seeing those numbers, he will likely panic when you try to flip the killswitch. Fortunately for Yoshi, he packs the mobility to turn panic to suicide. Yoshi is reasonabally quick on the ground (above average, borderline fast), but is also virtually unavoidable in the air. Yoshi packs multiple fall speeds, and a fast fall finisher, making landing that much more of a chore.

Yoshi packs 2 of the best disruptors in the game: Jab and N-Air are two of Yoshi's quickest moves, and pack more then enough range to punish before punished. If you want to trade fisticuffs with Yoshi, by all means. Jab pings with both Snake and Ike's quickest attacks, and is much faster, often resulting in you landing the blow. N-air kicks often into Egg Toss range, can stage spike, and can even be used to Wall'o'Pain with experience. Enemies off the stage start taking damage much more quickly then on the ground, especially when D-air becomes a threat or connects.

Yoshi can recover offensively: No secret, Yoshi can do a raising N-Air, B-Air, U-Air, even D-Air for those who wanna be nutty. Yoshi can jump into egg lay, oftentimes reversing edge guarding if used correctly. Yoshi can super armor certain attacks while rising, he can even air dodge through the entire thing. To top it off, Yoshi's Egg Toss guards the very area he moves too when he does it. Worse comes to worse, Yoshi has two suicides and 2 spikes (though 1 of each is the same) to punish any misattempted gibs, Egg lay suicides, F-air spikes, and D-air does both.

I may continue my rant later.

SonicBlind

Smash Rookie
Yoshi Story was one of the best. Always used green , white or black yoshi. Sometimes the blue yoshis.

Metatitan

Smash Master
yoshi will always be a low tier character because of his trouble killing, his mediocre priority, and his inability to jump out of his shield. this doesnt mean he doesnt have an OoS game, it just keeps him back enough to where he cant make middle tier.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I actually fell in love with the silly dinosaur watching the Super Mario World cartoons on YouTube. I mean, his little scratchy voice. <3

And Yoshi's Story. <3

Then I played Brawl... and knew Yoshi was meant to be my guy. :yoshi:

Metatitan

Smash Master
i use yoshi cuz i always liked him when my brother and i played super mario world :D. then i got yoshi's story and became a permanent fan. it doesnt hurt that hes really fun to play as either ;o

.Marik

is a social misfit
tell yoshi bedtime stowy! =D
:yoshi:

Once upon a time, there was a little green dinosaur who lived with all his coloured brothers and sisters, on an island so plentiful with the most delicious, delicious fruit. Since the Yoshi's loved to eat, this made them very happy! The Yoshi's ate and ate, so happy as they lay on that peaceful island, without a care in the world, eating watermelons and other scrumptious fruit! So juicy the juice rolls down your chin, as you frolick and play with all those smiling Yoshi's laughing and flutter jumping all day long!

*Closes book as Yoshi falls asleep*

=)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I use Yoshi because he's fun.

I use GW cause I'm a ****.

Top Bottom