• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
People still play Brawl?? :D

Just a few friendly pointers, try watching your landings more and staying out of his range when doing so, Yoshi's mobility>Snake's x1000, but make sure to keep in mind his range. (>_>) Just try not to be above Snake in the air at any time really.
Don't forget that you can snag Snake out of his cypher with a dash grab, and if you don't pummel he's got no recovery, save for his C4. (He shouldn't be recovering close to the edge for this reason.) And don't forget your eggs when he's offstage, he's a huge flying target :]

Beautiful pivot grab at 1:25 by the way!:estatic:
2:18 Would've been great to see an Uair finisher on that rising Dair

Once again, it's great to see Brawl Yoshi once more. Keep it up! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Thanks Nikes.

And of course I play Brawl. We all play Brawl, here.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I know, but since everyone's going around and calling it dead everywhere and barely anyone streams/uploads matches from Brawl it was just surprising to see.

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoyed watching your Yoshi, Oz.

It looks like you have a lot of good mixups there and that you have a farily good grasp on fighting Snake. For any character that has long projectiles, imo the most important thing to do is grab them. Yeah, I know Yoshi's grabs aren't exactly shock worthy, but they are when you realize Yoshi is the only character with an air grab with even further range than his standing or pivot grab. Might I add, best in the game too? But I say that not to necessarily put damage on them; but to put them in a rewarding position to you, that will lead to even further rewarding positions and follow-ups.

The Dair was pretty sexeh, but when you falling Dair like that, be sure to use it a bit sooner so that the move will autocancel when you land and you can follow up with a jab -> down B or whatever combo it is that you'd like to do.

With Yoshi's air speed (albeit, I'm still working on this habit myself), you can get away from most situations. What I mean is that, when you get hit, RUN AWAY! (preferably to/towards the farthest ledge. Yoshi is hard to catch in the air, so if you see them chasing after you, you can B-reverse Egg Lay to catch them off guard and have a safe landing. If you space it really well, you'll even wind up with the Egg Lay Fake, where then the next setup is your's, but shouldn't be relied upon heavily.

Hope this helps mayun and keep up the good work.
That goes for all the other Yoshi's too. :)

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Won $40 today for 2nd in doubles at a local scrub-con, but I've noticed I've developed a bad habit of unnecessarily B-reversing into my opponents attacks when trying to mixup my landings sometimes, it's just me trying to get a positional advantage but mis-timing it. Anyone else have full-on derp moments like these? :s

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hello Ragnarok,

It's been a long time since I've seen you, how are you?

Guessing the new Smash4 is bringing back the veterans, cool.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hey, sorry I can't remember you but I think I remember seeing you around here. I've been good thank you :D
It's okay, the important thing is I remember you, ha ha.

Yeah I've been around here before a while back. That's good to read you're doing well man. Continue to be well in your life.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Won $40 today for 2nd in doubles at a local scrub-con, but I've noticed I've developed a bad habit of unnecessarily B-reversing into my opponents attacks when trying to mixup my landings sometimes, it's just me trying to get a positional advantage but mis-timing it. Anyone else have full-on derp moments like these? :s
I have this problem as well, I find myself being punished frequently for b-reversing in unecessary moments.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Does:

Macman
Shiri
Lil B
Burntsockz
Silent Beast
Metatitan
Bwett

Still post here? I used to play Brawl. I don't remember many of you. :[

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Bwett still plays in Dallas still.
Silent Beast shall forever be the silent one, but he's alive.
think Burntsockz only pop up once or twice a few months in the Yoshi skype group
Lil B pretty much doesn't come anymore but think he popped up last year?
Shiri still here
Not sure on macman nor meta.

Otherwise the one person who actually posts is Silent beast, and since he lives up to his name only a few posts a few months.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Had no idea Bwett even stramed smash4, thought it was just Denti since he goes around everywhere for tournaments since sponsored and has the japanese version of the game.

Edit: Short version of Japanese is censored, weird.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Does:

Macman: Doesn't
Shiri: Pops in every now and then, but done smashwise
Lil B: Doesn't. Only popped in because he got off perma-ban (I think)
Burntsockz: More focused on Tennis. Doesn't really post. Just checks once in a blue moon
Silent Beast: His name is what it stands for. Still posts to correct or to confirm someone's thoughts on his whereabouts (which is impossible to do because of his name lol)
Metatitan: Doesn't post here. Might post for smash 4 since Yoshi can jump out of shield.
Bwett: What earlier posts said. I don't keep up with this guy.

Still post here? I used to play Brawl. I don't remember many of you. :[
Macman: Doesn't
Shiri: Pops in every now and then, but done smashwise
Lil B: Doesn't. Only popped in because he got off perma-ban (I think)
Burntsockz: More focused on Tennis. Doesn't really post. Just checks once in a blue moon
Silent Beast: His name is what it stands for. Still posts to correct or to confirm someone's thoughts on his whereabouts (which is impossible to do because of his name lol)
Metatitan: Doesn't post here. Might post for smash 4 since Yoshi can jump out of shield.
Bwett: What earlier posts said. I don't keep up with this guy.

I don't remember your tag. Did you get it changed?

Scatz

Smash Champion
I believe so. He told me he stopped playing because he had no scene near him. Shortly after, he stopped posting.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I thought so. Only a few people know of Mmac, and I'm already in communication with most of those. How you been? The days changed a lot even during Brawl when you and Mmac had disappeared.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
It's good to see someone remembers! I always used to post on the Yoshi boards and get into arguments with Metatitan! Lol.

I've just been playing WoW a lot- how about yourself?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Busy. x.x

I've taken more of a back-burner approach to smash while trying to get my life set for myself. Only recently (since March) started playing again seriously (but with PM). Other than that, I tend to keep connections with most peeps here and on facebook.

D

Deleted member 189823

We still play Brawl over here. And, liek, most of South America. Only difference, on my side, having been logging in nowhere as much as I used to. I take a more apathetic approach at playing lately...and do significantly better, as well.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
It is time to move on, my children.

A new era awaits--one where side-B is not just the thing you pressed before you died on accident.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It's fun to think that the last post on this thread was exactly on the same day Smash for 3ds came.

D

Deleted member 189823

Anyone else disappointed Yoshi lacks Jump Cancel options? JCEL is probably the only reason I'm not maining him.

Top Bottom