• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

bigman40

Smash Master
Ammy is an extremely good character in MvC3. She's extremely balanced for the fact that she can do everything almost on her own, and her assists are highly helpful to many others. As for Felicia, I don't know, but I like her style, and the way she rushes down is a plus. She works decently well with Ammy's assists and the inputs for both characters are fairly similar.

Actuality, Felicia is really underused. Besides, it's just coincedence that we happen to play Felicia, but not Ammy. Almost EVERYONE plays her

Nice teams Torr. I wanna use Dante cause I like him and he cool, but he's just used so many times now it's rediculous. I'ma learn him later when it dies down some (unless he turns out broken broken, which then i'll learn him regardless of the popularity).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, I use Felicia and ammy too. They were the first characters I ever picked too. Furries are gonna **** MvC3

Airborne

Smash Lord
Your team has Sentinel, hence it sucks.

My team has Viper, hence I'm technical.

Our teams don't have Ammy, hence we don't want to win.
Sentinel is just there for now because his assist is awesome for offensive pressure, and Spiderman needs a good offensive assist to get in. Also, it's easy as hell to do a 1mil+ combo with sentinel. XDDD

My team (if I ever practice) is like a mix with these five people:

Point: Felicia/Zero
Secondary: Wesker/Dante/Ryu
Third: Ammy

I plan on learning Dante last since he's too OU atm. Ammy fits as third since she has the most flexibility on my team, and I feel as if Felicia and Zero are good as point characters, but bad since that's giving me a fairly low HP team.
I'm still thinking about using Felicia some; have you seen her toy touch shenanigans?

I have several teams.

Zero (B) / Iron Man (Y) / Super-Skrull (B)

This team isn't really assist based, as my assists are used mainly for combos. I use Iron Man's Smart Bomb assist since it OTGs to extend Zero's combos after a standard Bread'N'Butter. I use Skrull's Orbital Grudge assist after a standard Zero BnB to Zero's Dive Attack to OTG into the assist to extend the combo. Skrull's assist can be used for cross-up so I have to be creative with Zero's movement.

This team is meant to build meter for Iron Man. Skrull can handle his own usually and Zero's assists helps him out. Main drawback is that Zero low health and low damage output.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dante (Y) / C.Viper (Y) / Iron Man (a)

This is the team I plan on playing mainly, but is a bit more technically demanding at the moment. Aside from Dante, who's technical himself, the other two depend alot on tri-jumping to get in with assists. However, this team has great assists for the points to get in. Dante's Weasel Shot assist and Iron Man's Unibeam assist help Viper and Dante repsectively get it, and Viper's Burning Kick allows for unblockable setups.

If Viper and Iron Man technicality prove to be too demanding, Dante's ability to combo without much dexterity (his basic stuff LOL) helps reset the match in your favor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Zero (B) / Iron Man (Y) / Chris (B)

Essentially the same exact team as the first, except fills the long range gap in the team. Chris' Gun Fire assist can also be used to extend Zero combos the same way Skrull's B assist does.
Hmm... interesting....
Oh yeah, also thinking about Akuma for my 3rd, seeing as that his gamma assist is an overhead. ^__^

This is scary. Not only do I also have Ammy and Felicia on my team (well, from what I've played; don't own the game yet), but Espy does as well. Why do so many people have them both on their teams? ._.

.____. Too many Yoshis with Felicia... I use Felicia because I'm more familiar with her moveset since I main her in Vampire Savior.

Ammy is an extremely good character in MvC3. She's extremely balanced for the fact that she can do everything almost on her own, and her assists are highly helpful to many others. As for Felicia, I don't know, but I like her style, and the way she rushes down is a plus. She works decently well with Ammy's assists and the inputs for both characters are fairly similar.

Actuality, Felicia is really underused. Besides, it's just coincedence that we happen to play Felicia, but not Ammy. Almost EVERYONE plays her
It's because Ammy is THE Sentinel Killer.

lol, I use Felicia and ammy too. They were the first characters I ever picked too. Furries are gonna **** MvC3
TOO. MANY. FELICIAS. OMGGGGGG

Edit: If you guys haven't seen Felicia's Toy Touch Reset Shenanigans, they're in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiAPcx3tums&feature=player_embedded
Skip ahead to 7:22

bigman40

Smash Master
Well we all know you would pick them. I figured Espy would pick at least Felicia since he's furry himself.

Air, skype with me later today. I know all about her shenanigans and even some you might not know about lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, if anyone cares, my third character is Spiderman. Yes, I like rush-down characters. I tried Arthur and Chris and found them to be unplayable. =/

Ammy's really fun, though. I also like her Super because it owns assists and stuff. I'm still getting used to the controls, though. I tend to X-factor accidentally a lot.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Well, if anyone cares, my third character is Spiderman. Yes, I like rush-down characters. I tried Arthur and Chris and found them to be unplayable. =/

Ammy's really fun, though. I also like her Super because it owns assists and stuff. I'm still getting used to the controls, though. I tend to X-factor accidentally a lot.

My main is Spidey, bro. <3

Edit: OMG DEPSTER DO YOU PLAY HON????????

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol I don't even own the game do I suck at the controls. When in doubt I just spam weak attack (light attack, whatever) and hope it works

bigman40

Smash Master
I play on stick for MvC3 when I can. I can do most combos but I end up mashing in matches cause I only practicing doing the combo and not hit confirming.

@Polt: Yeah, Chris and Arthur are purely campy characters. You should've seen that one coming lol.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I've always loved X-23 so i'm thinking of picking her up, I also rekindled my interest in Morrigan lol. I picked her and something just clicked. Ammy and Deadpool I planned on maining before i even saw game footage but all in all the entire cast is pretty fun for the most part, cept Arthur idk i can't use that bish.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Felicia/Ammy/?

Messing around with She-Hulk a ton, and I have a basic Haggar that's okay.
However, I'm still exploring my options.

Toy Touch shenanigans are fun, but they murder my thumb. Pad user, obviously.

But I'm kinda putting MvC3 on super low priority. It isn't as fun as I initially hoped it would be.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I've finalized my team at last at~!

Hulk/ammy/sentinel.

Yea sentinels still there. He just wreeecks things up though with ammy! :D You can extend her ground combo's with drone assist. Oh and slow down super is just amazing for Hulk and sent to help get in on the opponent. Also grabs. Lotsa grabs. I swear man, I get so many random grabs with ammy and hulk. Some intentional some just randomly happen. It makes me look like im reading the opponents moves but im not. :D

But yea, this team is just so godlike. I got a 18 win streak today~! C:

Go with She-hulk espy~! Haggars awesome, but at the moment he doesn't have too much going for him other then the pipe. She-hulks got some crazy *** resets. Every she hulk i've fought so far took me down with resets. .___.

bigman40

Smash Master
The fact that she has a lot of resets makes her an extremely dangerous character. Others gotta worry about damage decay, but she-hulk just resets the combo and makes it 3x worse.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
One of the doods in CO mains her. Hes found a reset that's inescapable for have the cast. ;~;
Hulks my lead. She hulks easily his worst matchup because hes vulnerable to that reset. Oh and hyper armored normals arn't very helpful when your getting grabbed all the time. She might be worse then zero against hulk....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
LOL

Makoto is top tier in SSFIV now...... just not on console.

She-Hulk is probably gonna be top-tier as well.... great assist as well as being a great point character.

Research your stuff before you spit out random stuff.
I saw the SSFIV tier-list a while ago and saw Makoto at the very bottom (and E. Honda at the very top o_O). I based my post off that.

But... what's the difference between the console version and the other version you're talking about? Arcade?

Asa

Smash Hero
just because i want to make new friends and discuss anime doesn't mean i'm spamming

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I saw the SSFIV tier-list a while ago and saw Makoto at the very bottom (and E. Honda at the very top o_O). I based my post off that.

But... what's the difference between the console version and the other version you're talking about? Arcade?

SSFIV: Arcade Edition is the latest update to the game. It will come out as DLC for consoles sometime in the future.

In AE, the game was balanced to favor more aggressive play. Projectile based characters for the most part got nerfed, while characters who "GET IT IN" like Makoto got buffed.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Unrelated (and over a week late), but Puff being -2 against Yoshi made me laugh.

God, I love the BBR.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm mad salty about how easy Sentinel is.

I picked him just for lulz on a Ranked match online and I was getting wrecked with my other two characters, but I still won the match, just because Sentinel is Sentinel.

Level 3 X-Factor is dumb. Sentinel is dumb online. However, he's free offline.

Edit: Oh, and Dante's hit confirms are generic. Replacing him with Zero.

New teams

Viper (a) / Iron Man (a) / Zero (B)

Super-Skrull (B) as backup

Airborne

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about picking up Wolverine for a short period of time to help me learn how to play aggressive correctly in Marvel, seeing that it's a lot harder to transfer from SSF4, where I main Cammy. =\

My Spiderman has no ground game right now LOL.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I like Spidey in this game....

I just wish Capcom didn't **** around with his Web Swing command and change it from a QCB to a RDP. Stupidest thing they did.
OMFG INORITEEEEEE

Like, they made Tasky's swing Forward Heavy and yet Spidey's is f*cking RDP.... I guess it's true:

anything you can do, The Taskmaster can do... better.

Top Bottom