• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

bigman40

Smash Master
Honestly, I'm wondering how that even get to be a MM when the mistakes were THAT bad....Some of the people you play seriously make me wonder Polt...

D

Deleted member

From playin antee on wifi (lolz wifi), i would say that he actually kind of knows how to fight yoshi.

I didnt see a lot of glaring mistakes (besides the glide into fsmashes ROFL).
polts too gud

bigman40

Smash Master
Other than using nado close to the ground where pivot grab works? Gliding into Fsmashes? I understand possibly like 1 or 2 or them from spacing errors, but cmon. He definitely played that matchup in a method that wouldn't have netted him the win (save for the ****** he put on Frigate).

D

Deleted member

Idk if yall know this, but if any of u guys watch mr r or leons marth ull see they do some fsmashes out of a run.

I figure its a pretty neat thing with yoshi as well to beat spotdodge.

You foxtrot then right as the foxtrot ends u stutterstep forward fsmash. Pretty easy to do, basically you cant attack out of a foxtrot but you can foxtrot out of a foxtrot, so this cancels the beginning of the dash into an fsmash.

You can also do it running away.
Maybe beats nado? 8D

I do it with pit and stuff its really **** with pit haha

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh yeah, you can cancel your initial dash frames into anything. I never realized that it can work with foxtrots. Nice to know. =O

And trust me, that was a $5 MM. I remember because I asked Anti if he had change for a ten (in case I lost) because I didn't have any fives or ones, and he had five ones exactly.

I beat quite a lot of good people in MMs, actually. Lie, MVD, Nicole, pikapika (only $1, and we actually did three and I won two).... Out of the 10-odd MMs I played I only lost twice (to Raz and Chibo). =P

Yikarur

Smash Master
Anti still played horrible like he didn't know what Yoshi is capable off like getting hit of edge eggs, Tornado on the platform of SV to be ready to get upsmashed (lol) to pivot grab because he airdodges into the ground after the upsmash (that was really fail) Polt spamming pivot grab and doesn't get punished for it
and and and, even simply timing fails, if I downB from very high, I always get upaired by MK even if I do it once in a year and Anti just gets hit D:
it's really horrible to watch that even someone like Anti is not able to play the match-up right.

bigman40

Smash Master
Stocky, why don't you learn to DR and it'll cancel anything from a dash.
Yeah...That's called stutter stepping. (referring to Polt)

Also, I heard a much different story from PP myself.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I know, but it still hurts. All that effort put into those games is now gone. It makes you feel depressed, you know? =/

bigman40

Smash Master
It happens. I'm lucky to still be alive today (for those that know). The accident pretty much dented my smash career and life pretty hard, and I'm still in the middle of the whole thing. Only thing you can do is slowly build yourself back up and move on. Get it out now, leave it behind if you can't find it. The past never changes.

Unrelated. Get on skype sometime. You can only benefit from getting to know everyone instead of what you see here.

bigman40

Smash Master
You just need to msg me or anyone else that puts up their skype name and we can add you into the group. My skype name is Bigman40215.

Slight warning though. It's pretty dead until the late afternoon to nighttime.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Wow Polt that really sucks :/ That happened to me back with my GBC waaay back in the day. Its a sad feeling i know.

Side note: Guess what guys? I found this new tech that can let you cancel a run! Its pretty cool, you can like cancel your run and then do an fsmash or another run or anything! I think it might really help with Hard Punishes and being alot less committal. I call it Dinosaur Retaliation, or DR for short.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
And even then, sometimes we just have really dead days. :awesome:

Sucks about your stuff Polt. I've never really lost anything that big, but I can definitely feel for your attachment to your games. I hope everything turns out alright. =/

Depster

Smash Champion
Ugh, that's gotta suck. I have on of those 1k block gamecube memory cards that had all of my data and it corrupted a while back. I felt terrible after that (but eh, I can still move the data to another card so I just switched all the data I could over to a normal 256 block card). Good luck with the police actually doing something, you'll need it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well we can't catch the criminal for you polt, but we can buy you presents to make up for the loss~!
I'll pitch in for ya man. Besides. Im buying my other friend a present anyways, might as well help a fellow yoshi out~! <3

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, it was my fault in the first place that my stuff is gone. It's my responsibility if I want to get another game. The cake I'm getting at Pik-A-Nik is enough for me.

Thank you very much for the offers though, guys. ^_^

Airborne

Smash Lord
I didn't mention it before, but something bad happened when I came back from Pound V.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12238522#post12238522

v_v
That sucks, bruh. =(

What are y'all's Skypes?
ben.is.airborne

Wow Polt that really sucks :/ That happened to me back with my GBC waaay back in the day. Its a sad feeling i know.

Side note: Guess what guys? I found this new tech that can let you cancel a run! Its pretty cool, you can like cancel your run and then do an fsmash or another run or anything! I think it might really help with Hard Punishes and being alot less committal. I call it Dinosaur Retaliation, or DR for short.
I THOUGHT WE WAS GONNA RENAME ITS TA DRAGON DANCIN'! T________T

Pik-A-Nik

HEYYYYYYYYAAAAA BOOBOO HOW ABOUT WE GO STEAL SOME PIK-A-NIK BASKETS???
I'm tempted to upload my impersonation of Yogi now. .___.

D

Deleted member

o gawd plz no :3

sorry to hear that polt =[
at least the memories of those games are with ya, and im sure you got a lot out of um anyways.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, I didn't get a chance to get into a couple of them due to my broken L and R buttons on my DSi. I was going to wait for the 3DS to come out... =(

Sharky

Smash Master
I caught something bad probably sunday night at Pound and have been deathly sick since monday. Today's the first day I'm back on my feet, so yay =D

=( @polt's predicament

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
That sucks, bruh. =(

ben.is.airborne

I THOUGHT WE WAS GONNA RENAME ITS TA DRAGON DANCIN'! T________T

HEYYYYYYYYAAAAA BOOBOO HOW ABOUT WE GO STEAL SOME PIK-A-NIK BASKETS???
I'm tempted to upload my impersonation of Yogi now. .___.
We did already, Oh yeahhh Delta can Dragon Dance now. Lol I made him learn it last night

Depster

Smash Champion
Air, I've got a pretty good Yogi myself =p

On a more awesome note, we won our ball game by 30 points tonight! It felt great.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

bigman40

Smash Master
Other than wondering why Fox is -2, I'm fine with the list. Good job. Told you people you didn't need me in the BBR. I'd be a waste of time.

Top Bottom