• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

bigman40

Smash Master
Hope you show it. Seeing is believing.

And time to **** the rest of you. Just because you're not putting up results like the top players doesn't mean you can't help either. Communicating is how we all improve, how we all create a stronger community, and most importantly, how we all improve ourselves. People that lurk aren't going to get the benefit they could be talking because you aren't asking questions and learning when you need help. You can't improve by yourself and only yourself. While stuff might not be correct and such, you can learn from it from people that know the area that has more expertise in such area; HOWEVER this does not mean that you shouldn't drop the area and leave it to one person. Think about stuff that you wouldn't think of instinctively (outside the box). Create discussions on it, and it'll promote new ideas and ways to handle scenarios.

To further understand how having an actively helping community gets more done and helps others improves more as a whole, take a look at the Melee Yoshi boards (around 2007 cause that's when I remembered) or look at these boards (the previous threads) when Brawl got started. No one didn't come out the blue and just ignored everyone else. Everyone came together to improve each other and find out everything together. When you look at the boards now, they're dead cause no one is doing the kind of stuff we did back then. You got new Yoshis taking over what the dead Yoshis stopped doing, and then those die off not too long after that. I know everyone had that goal to be the best Yoshi main, and if you can't show it in results right now, then ****ing show it by helping and making this community strong like before.

PS: Being social relates to this, but I'll let you guys figure out how.
/rant

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Polt, nobody actually hates you (I'd hope it's only trolling). But really, the problem is is that we all chat over Skype, which helps everyone build a bond together, so the support is more there. While you're a good player and bring in results, you lack the constant interaction with everyone else so you're somewhat more distant.

You have Skype. Get on it and join the chat.

As for the hitbubble videos, I remember us having problems with it due to Yoshi's tail extending or something during the attacks. The bubbles weren't accurate at all, so we didn't get one, even though we tried for it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
We managed to get the pics though, didn't we? Would making a video be that much harder?

And Skype... eh... maybe tomorrow.

:069:

bigman40

Smash Master
Yep. We already have one, but because Yoshi's tail gets bigger, it threw off the hitbubbles, making the hack less useful for certain moves.I'd try asking someone to get a personal hack done for Yoshi (probably innocentroads).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Weird... I know that his tail gets bigger, but what makes that different from any other character? Mario's hand gets huge during his f-air, Wario's hand becomes the size of his head when d-titling, Kirby's feet grow ENORMOUS during most of his moves, etc.. Why is Yoshi the only one affected by this?

bigman40

Smash Master
IIRC, it was because Yoshi has no bones in his tail. Due to this, the hitbubbles we saw were not proportional to what it should've been.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The one who made the hacks for us was Eternal Yoshi.
He posted the pics/Downloads in a topic somewhere, I downloaded them and been trying to think on how to take a in-sight look on the hitbubbles and (if I ever learn/Get to it) edit the hitbubbles around and make a video.

But sadly not really sure on how this stuff works, can't just jump in from novice to Editting hitbubbles to a character who has no bones in most of his moves since it involves his tail.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yes, I know about that. It's also impossible to chain-grab Meta Knight when facing right.

Although, I haven't tried it with other characters. I imagine that everyone who gets released close to Yoshi is susceptible to an f-smash (like Squirtle) and characters who were released too far to be re-grabbed can now be grabbed (like Snake).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Does anything effect Yoshi by Port priority?
Cause last tournament I was at, I noticed I couldn't SDI with neither my controller or Xyro's.

Along with laggy TV/No SDI = 100% to lose to MK.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Yikarur

Smash Master
Well I did look in the guide before I posted and couldn't find anything on it so that's why I decided to check here. Feel free to add that information there now.

Describing it as quarter circle downward(632 or 412) isn't the best because its only an eighth of a circle(32 or 12) and the forward part(6 or 4) will cause a roll. I just feel it might confuse people if you call it that.
I love you

btw I start to like this community again :D

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
What exactly is going on in that video? Is he running and then immediately doing an Fsmash? Because if that's so I dont understand what's so new about that. :I

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, he's just small stepping > fsmash. The moving screen on RC pulls him closer to yoshi if you release to the left.

EDIT: Want this SO hard:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys! I discovered something new! It's insanely situational, but it's pretty much a free kill on one of our hardest MUs!

If you're playing on PictoChat against Wolf, and you grab release him directly on the left ledge of the stage while the wind in blowing, Wolf will do an air release and the wind will push you off the stage, ending your GR lag instantly. Due to this, if you DJ Fair directly after the wind pushes you off, Wolf releases at just the right spot for you to connect with fair. Wolf also releases far and also is pushed by the wind, so its almost impossible to recover from (not to mention they wont even see it coming so they wont be ready for it)

Like I said, uber situational, but still cool amiright? :bee:

Also 1 post away from 5000, GET HYPE!!!

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Is he running and then immediately doing an Fsmash? Because if that's so I dont understand what's so new about that. :I
How often do you Fsmash out of a run? lol

What happens is, RC moves making Mk land closer towards us Letting us take a step forward to fsmash him. The beauty is he's like right next to the blast zone so you get an early kill and he can't do anything during this so he basically takes the fsmash like a *****.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How often do you Fsmash out of a run? lol

What happens is, RC moves making Mk land closer towards us Letting us take a step forward to fsmash him. The beauty is he's like right next to the blast zone so you get an early kill and he can't do anything during this so he basically takes the fsmash like a *****.
You could GR > Dash > DR > Fsmash in a normal situation, I do it to MK to end CG's sometimes for extra damage or kills. You have to angle it up though, or at least, I do because I miss when I dont. Might just be bad timing on me, but tilting it up does more damage anyway so I dont care.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
You could GR > Dash > DR > Fsmash in a normal situation, I do it to MK to end CG's sometimes for extra damage or kills. You have to angle it up though, or at least, I do because I miss when I dont. Might just be bad timing on me, but tilting it up does more damage anyway so I dont care.
And you don't get Shuttle Looped? Pretty sure when i tested this it didn't work. But as a mixup sure i guess. The RC thing is guaranteed tho.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I don't GR > fsmash a lot as Im bad at it, and I do get a shuttle looped when I try a lot. I always just assumed I was being too slow... if it's true that its not guaranteed that makes me sadface... :(

Yikarur

Smash Master
Guys! I discovered something new! It's insanely situational, but it's pretty much a free kill on one of our hardest MUs!

If you're playing on PictoChat against Wolf, and you grab release him directly on the left ledge of the stage while the wind in blowing, Wolf will do an air release and the wind will push you off the stage, ending your GR lag instantly. Due to this, if you DJ Fair directly after the wind pushes you off, Wolf releases at just the right spot for you to connect with fair. Wolf also releases far and also is pushed by the wind, so its almost impossible to recover from (not to mention they wont even see it coming so they wont be ready for it)

Like I said, uber situational, but still cool amiright? :bee:

Also 1 post away from 5000, GET HYPE!!!

(un)fortunately Pictochat is banned at GOOD tournaments (most of US sucks :D)

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
loving the look of these new discoveries, good **** guys =D
My discovery was pretty old honestly lol. I told Scatz, Air, Slice and i think Delta and Hades (most of the people on the skype chat) about it but I think Scatz and Air were the only ones who remembered :(

Still needs testing though. Im Planning on recording a bunch of dumb discoveries i found.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Still think we should make a thread with all of the random things we can do. Even the uber situational ones (in their own group or something).

I'd love to read through all our shenanigans just to get in a situation where one would work and remember it.

Top Bottom