• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nostalgia Critic.
Secret Of N.I.M.H. 2

My soul cried.

Aside from that.. I miss toonami too, the last message they gave us... "Stay Gold, BANG" Or something along the lines of that. Think it was cancelled around 2008.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ah yes.. that's the video that made my mind explode with sadness.

In other news, When playing friendlies I plan to use Diddy Kong (To get AT Down) Wario (Spacing) and Fox (Fingers up to speed?) So I can start being more perpared for tournaments, since using JUST Yoshi in friendlies doesn't really help me get my speed spacing and anything else right out of reading and mindgames down.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, I was playing MK Wii online all night doing worldwide matches, and at about 3 in the morning, there was this race where it was me (Using Yoshi of course) and 2 others Yoshis against 3 Funkys. As soon as the race started, it was like we were all on the same page, Yoshis vs Funkys. So we just ignored all the other characters of our kind and went after the Funkys, it was amazing. And Triple Red Shell is broken lol. In the end, the Yoshis got 1st-3rd just barely. I was 1st, this guy called x was 2nd (kind of an awesome coincidence on the name too lol), and the guy in 3rd was named aga and he BARELY beat 2 of the others cuz they finished in a big pack. It was legit.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
bikes > karts

Bikes have Wheelies for speed and better cornering to get through he tight turns. They also can dodge pow blocks much easier

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Super smash brothers brawl?
OH OH.
Ok diffrent MK.

Haaa, omg dood, I always do that when I see other yoshis. xD Its awesome to make packs with other people that play your character. I sometimes get bored and hack on there (Don't worry, I let everyone pass me at the end when I hack. I just like making chaos~!) and me and another yoshi hacker got in the same group and teamed up~! It was awesome. :3
Maaaan. I was just reading DBZ manga. Now I miss toonami even more.
Goodnight Tom. Sweet prince!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAX4cgszCU

WAAAAAAAH! ;~;

bikes > karts
QFT~! :3

Yo Z, what bike do you drive on there?

I prefer sneakster~! It can't turn, but daaamn its quick~! :D

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yooo we should race sometime dood~! C:

My dad looooves that game. Its like a ritual to play it every saturday in our house. =w=
It'd be sweet to race with some more yoshis. :3

Man, you ain't the only one to miss toonami Sunny. Toonami was easily one of the best times I've had as a kid.
Yea, it holds some memories for me too. =/ I wasn't into until it was almost off the air. My buddy loooved DBZ, so ya know, the more he talked about it and watched the more I was interested in it. I started to look forward to it everyone time it came on. So with me it kinda came and gone. Wish it lasted a bit longer so I could have truly enjoyed it. .__.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill race you sometime, just depends on wether or not Ill be able to actually get on :p

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I dated a furry IRL so im cool with them. (Best GF ever btw. I now use it as a story to make furrys jealous :3) As long as they're not those kind that like flaunt there sexuality in everyones face.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Some questions for you guys:

1.) When I throw in the air, I only seem to be able to UpSmash well when using the C Stick? It doesn't matter if I'm charging it or using a simple one with the Control Stick and A, it still seems to be hard to hit my target. Is that normal or should I be working on that more.

2.) In the Offstage Play Section of the healthy yoshi guide, it talks a lot about Armor. What does it mean by that? I believe it was talking about the cons of using double jump to save yourself, but I didn't understand it.

3.) I'm trying to work on Edge Cancelled Eggs and a move I saw on a Youtube video called Instant Edgehog, but I'm having problems locking on to the ledge. Everytime I try to lock on, I end off falling and I have to double jump, completely missing the ledge. Any advice on how to get better at this?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
1. I don't understand what you mean. Could you clarify that?

2. When Yoshi double-jumps, he has heavy-armor throughout the whole animation. Depending on your percentage and the knockback of the opponent's attack, Yoshi can take a hit while not getting knocked out of his double-jump, which allows Yoshi to instantly counterattack. For example, you know how Lucario's d-air hits twice? Yoshi can double-jump into the first hit, take the attack while not getting knocked out of his double-jump armor (Lucario's first hit on his d-air has very little knockback), and instantly u-air Lucario before the 2nd hit.

3. I guess you're talking about the universal way to Instant Edgehog. With Yoshi, he goes too fast in the air to simply fall off the stage and grab the ledge. In order to Instant Edgehog, you have to fall off, fast-fall, then immediately double-jump. Yoshi should grab the ledge immediately as long as you are not pressing down by the time you double-jump. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yoshi's Instant Edgehog is the fastest out of all characters, right?)

Hope this helps! ^_^

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dated a furry IRL so im cool with them. (Best GF ever btw. I now use it as a story to make furrys jealous :3) As long as they're not those kind that like flaunt there sexuality in everyones face.
My GF's a furry, I con'fur'ted her ;3

1.) When I throw in the air, I only seem to be able to UpSmash well when using the C Stick? It doesn't matter if I'm charging it or using a simple one with the Control Stick and A, it still seems to be hard to hit my target. Is that normal or should I be working on that more.

Try pushing A and tilting the control stick at the exact same time. Just practice it and you'll get it.

2.) In the Offstage Play Section of the healthy yoshi guide, it talks a lot about Armor. What does it mean by that? I believe it was talking about the cons of using double jump to save yourself, but I didn't understand it.

When you double jump and get hit, you can sometimes jump through the attack without being hit flying.

3.) I'm trying to work on Edge Cancelled Eggs and a move I saw on a Youtube video called Instant Edgehog, but I'm having problems locking on to the ledge. Everytime I try to lock on, I end off falling and I have to double jump, completely missing the ledge. Any advice on how to get better at this?

Are you talking about where you throw eggs from the ledge? And are you falling too far down? If so, try using Up B faster, or, what I do, is I tap the control stick away from the ledge, then up B.
Answers in Cyan.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
My GF's a furry, I con'fur'ted her ;3

Answers in Cyan.
For example I tilt myself over the ledge a bit so that I can cling on to it, but I end up falling off instead. I was trying to be patient about it like I saw in this edge cancelled egg video I saw on YouTube, but it hasn't been working yet

bigman40

Smash Master

For future reference, just say Usmash (or anything related to it). The beginning part, "When I throw in the air" is very misleading.

As for your question, I assume you cannot get Usmash out as well as you can using the C-stick? That naturally happens due to the C-stick being set to only do smash attacks (assuming you use default control settings) whenever pointed to a direction (there are exceptions, but I won't get into that). The only thing I can suggest to you is get down the Up + A timing or continue to use the C-stick.

Yoshi's Double Jump has what's known as Heavy Armor. Heavy Armor is simply where Yoshi's resistance to hits is increased, allowing him to power through moves as if it never hit (however you still take damage).

You might want to list the video you saw, but I think I know what you're talking about.

To Instant Edgehog, you have to slam down and towards the stage the VERY SECOND you're offstage. If you pay attention to it, you'll notice Yoshi dropping down really fast before grabbing the ledge. Note that you WILL NOT grab the ledge is you hold the control stick down.

Another, easier way to doing it is by dropping down and using your DJ to grab it.

Top Bottom