• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Just fight people that don't know how to play against yoshi. Its hilarious. C:

Ya know, sometimes I wonder "Why do I play this character when I can be MK" but then I land like 5 egglays/pivot grabs in a row because no one knows how to play against us~! C:

Oh btw, heres an example of "I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO PLAY AGAINST THIS CHARACTER" syndrome~!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcRhzXtM7M

That and serriph is SOOO BEAAASST~! *SWOOOOOON*
Please come to my region.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
For a fun time of no one knowing how to play against the yoshter, ooooor to get ***** by people who know are yoshi shenanigans? :V

Either way...im taking it seriously. Colorados kinda boring. I wanna go meet some of you yoshis. =w=

D

Deleted member

Delta your region doesnt know how to fight yoshi i promise.

Yika just because you place badly whenever you go to tournaments doesnt mean that yoshi is bad >.>

I am pessimistic and i overhype yoshis matchups way more than polt (except MK).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
For a fun time of no one knowing how to play against the yoshter, ooooor to get ***** by people who know are yoshi shenanigans? :V

Either way...im taking it seriously. Colorados kinda boring. I wanna go meet some of you yoshis. =w=
They're not stupid against Yoshi.

Delta your region doesnt know how to fight yoshi i promise.

Yika just because you place badly whenever you go to tournaments doesnt mean that yoshi is bad >.>

I am pessimistic and i overhype yoshis matchups way more than polt (except MK).
They might not know exactly how to abuse Yoshi, but they do know how to not run into pivot grabs and Usmash.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

COME TO UTAH!!! By the way, I think we should get a Four Corner thing going on with UT/CO/AZ/NV. I would need to step it up and figure out who the TO's/leaders/whatever of the other states are to set something up. Afterall, Utah's been to all 3 of those other states so it's time you guys came to us!! >:3

Metatitan

Smash Master
While it doesn't tread water compared to peach drama, it still hasn't changed much.

Stocky acting elitist and other people getting mad and squabbling. So how has everyone been?

D

Deleted member

LOlz
im so elitist :D
You are all worse than me bahaha

i dont think this is drama i think this is random trash talking on yoshi social threads =D

bigman40

Smash Master
Delta, whenever you have time, contact the person you got the replays from and ask for the exact .gct file from them. Your matches still continue to desynch on my Wii. So, it possible that some codes are missing that I need.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So I dunno if you guys heard, but Polt and I went to a tournament last night. Polt got 1st; I got 3rd.

And he was my wingman as I totally got this chick's number.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
THE BLOOD GOD STRIKES AGAIN?!?!?!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn polt

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I'm a new Yoshi and I just wanted to introduce myself. It looks like the directory as well as Yoshi Chat is dead so I guess this is the best place to make some egg laying friends. I'm Dr.Yoshi (Dr.Yo ingame) and I've been playing with Yoshi for a couple of weeks as my main. So far he's been great and I hope to do well with him. So far I've been reading the Guide to hatching a healthy Yoshi and though I'm not done, I've learned a lot from it.

Dr.Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys and soon I hope to be a real contenda :) (currently on the Chain Grabbing Section of Healthy Yoshi Guide)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So I dunno if you guys heard, but Polt and I went to a tournament last night. Polt got 1st; I got 3rd.

And he was my wingman as I totally got this chick's number.
Mmm.. Yes... I remember about this over at the Austin thread.
Good job Polt and Most importantly Zigsta.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh... about that "tourney" I won, it was full of bad players. Zigsta was the only real challenged I faced (and even then... it's Bowser lol). He got 3rd because of random seeding putting him on my side of the bracket.

The tournament tomorrow is going to be a lot more legit.

:069:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yes believe it or not, At Quakecon 2 last year there was Single elimination for the first 2 rounds.
Atleast the earliest tournament I can think of that had Single Elim.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not sure if this's known yet, but today while I was randomly on training mode and practicing Yoshi techs. I accidently did something with Nanners which made me slide further then usual.

So when I found this, I think I egglayed Bricks... ANYWAYS a list of differences and etc. of what I can remember. (Don't care if I typed it out wrong or right)
Normal Throw - Standing in place and just tap A with Nanner/any item
Dashing Throw - Running and tapping A once to throw it further then regular.
Sheild Throw - Sheilding and throwing Nanner/any item
JCIT - Tapping the desired direction while Pressing Y to jump but Cancelled by throwing nanner/any item for a bit more distance.
DACIT- Yoshi slides atleast half-way across FD which's amazing.

Tested it on Characters I thought of right off the spot that has items.
ROB is normal Large slide but nothing further
Wario is Normal
TL is normal
Now here's the weird part with Snake, When I was doing this DACIT throw with Snake his animation showed him throwing it up but the item was being thrown forward. Not sure if it's always been like this or just something weird...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Not sure if this's known yet, but today while I was randomly on training mode and practicing Yoshi techs. I accidently did something with Nanners which made me slide further then usual.

So when I found this, I think I egglayed Bricks... ANYWAYS a list of differences and etc. of what I can remember. (Don't care if I typed it out wrong or right)
Normal Throw - Standing in place and just tap A with Nanner/any item
Dashing Throw - Running and tapping A once to throw it further then regular.
Sheild Throw - Sheilding and throwing Nanner/any item
Jump Cancelled Throw - Tapping the desired direction while Pressing Y to jump but Cancelled by throwing nanner/any item for a bit more distance.
DACUS Throw? - Basically just Do a DACUS and Yoshi slides atleast half-way across FD which's amazing.

Tested it on Characters I thought of right off the spot that has items.
ROB is normal Large slide but nothing further
Wario is Normal
TL is normal
Now here's the weird part with Snake, When I was doing this DACUS throw with Snake his animation was him throwing it up but the item was being thrown forward. Not sure if it's always been like this or just something weird...
DAC Item Toss (or DACIT) is not new, but it's also not looked at much. I use this and Yoshi's other pseudo glide tosses (JCIT and DJCIT) in the MUs against characters that are able to spawn items. I believe it's quite useful if you mix it in with JCITs and DJCITs so you can condition the spacing for it.

Interesting on the Snake part. I haven't really tested DACIT with other characters because they can all glide toss (aside from the Links).

Top Bottom