• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sharky

Smash Master
Really? Sounds like a good team to me. Well, except for the whole "you can't save your partner from getting gimped" thing.

On that note, Ike+Yoshi is also a surprisingly effective team.

:069:
just sorta skimming through the thread, but I have to agree with this man on both points, Ike/Yoshi is beast, we set up so well for Ike's kill moves.

edit: also, I'll vote for delta to get the thread.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmm, guys, I have an idea I want to test. You know how characters knockback is recuded when thrown down on the ledge? Do you think we might have dthrow followups at low damage if we do a dthrow there?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Doubt it. There's simply not enough hit-stun. The way Falco and Pikachu can do it, they have d-throws with low ending lag and quick moves to follow the throw. Yoshi doesn't have anything like that.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
lol vote for me! If i must I can go fetch some of my meatriders (i actually have a couple lololol)
I consider myself a meatrider so I am here. :3

YOOOOOO
Yoshi's ok, so like im gonna be money matching a wario player soon, and I need some tips on how to do the wario grab release infinite. Like got any tips on when your suppose to grab exactly so he doesn't jump out?
oh and about the pink pony...

Its for trolling purposes I swear!

Oh and D-throws awesome. Its like one of the few safe throws against ice climbers. For some moves atleast. :V To bad its damage is so dang low. Seriously, he slams em into the ground and gets 4 damage? What?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You want to input the grab when Yoshi's foot hits the ground. When Wario's released you'll see Yoshi reel back and his foot will be in the air. When you see it planted back on the ground, grab.

Since standing infinites are typically banned, you'll want to learn the pivot grab infinites too. There's the backwards and crossover versions. For the crossover you want to dash forward, hold for a bit, then pivot grab. If you do it too fast you'll get footstooled and Wario will escape. When you're retreating, you need to dash and pivot grab quickly because you're increasing the distance the tongue needs to travel.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You want to input the grab when Yoshi's foot hits the ground. When Wario's released you'll see Yoshi reel back and his foot will be in the air. When you see it planted back on the ground, grab.

Since standing infinites are typically banned, you'll want to learn the pivot grab infinites too. There's the backwards and crossover versions. For the crossover you want to dash forward, hold for a bit, then pivot grab. If you do it too fast you'll get footstooled and Wario will escape. When you're retreating, you need to dash and pivot grab quickly because you're increasing the distance the tongue needs to travel.
Well I gave it a shot on training mode on slo-mo. I grab when his foot hits flat on the ground but it seems to go right past him. Like I did it to early or something. Oh well, its illegal anyways so I ain't going for that. Never knew there was an infinite pivot though~! I'll give it a shot. Hopefully the timing is less annoying. Thanks delta~! <3

if you dthrow on a slope it does FIVE PERCENT!!!

Nah jk, that's bs :awesome:
Pffft haha, yea thats just silly!
>_>
<_<
*goes into training mode*

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I like how yoshi's downthrow sends him up in the air momentarily so he can dodge certain attacks in doubles.
I love this, too. Actually, I think Yoshi actually gets a couple of frames of invincibility from his d-throw. I swear that I've been able to dodge some moves that should have definitely hit me.

GR > Fsmash
GR > Usmash
GR > Uair

Live them.
Poor Wario. :laugh:

Depster

Smash Champion
Shoot, I've downsmashed before and a lazor from Falco went completely through yoshi's neck without touching him.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
LIEZ. In order for it to reach Yoshi's neck, it had to pass through his nose, and we all know how huge Yoshi's nose is.

But seriously, that's pretty cool. At what point did he dodge the laser?

Depster

Smash Champion
LIEZ. In order for it to reach Yoshi's neck, it had to pass through his nose, and we all know how huge Yoshi's nose is.

But seriously, that's pretty cool. At what point did he dodge the laser?

I think it was while Yoshi was turning, some time when he rose his nose up

Airborne

Smash Lord
I didn't watch it; just heard about it. =\

Well in other news, became acquainted with a hot girl in my Physics class, met a hot girl who loves Yoshi and was talking about Yoshi while I was massacring her male friends in Brawl, and saw a hot girl from another Donatos in Lexington at UK.... Oh, and UK is one of the top universities in the nation in terms of hottest girls. <3

Edit: Also, Judo now has an issue when fighting Yoshi; getting ***** by my egg lays.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm incredibly salty at the outcome, and I don't even know who those two people are.

AN HOUR AND A HALF OF MY LIFE, WASTED!
Lrn2knowothercommunities

You better go to Pound!

Is this the MM where $15,000 was at stake? Mahvel players go hard.
Yup. Too good.

I've learned to appreciate MvC2 again. It was my favorite game until I got salty about the metagame was be gdlk like Clockw0rk (or a player of his caliber) or learn Sentinel/Storm/anyone else or don't play this game competitively. I chose the last option and for a good two years I hated MvC2. But after watching EVO 2009 finals between Sanford and Justin, I began to like the game again ever since.

Yeah, and I felt really bad that the one commentator bet so much money on the outcome...
It's ok. Mike Ross is single-handedly the greatest human-being alive (after me of course). He'll live.

Well in other news, became acquainted with a hot girl in my Physics class, met a hot girl who loves Yoshi and was talking about Yoshi while I was massacring her male friends in Brawl, and saw a hot girl from another Donatos in Lexington at UK.... Oh, and UK is one of the top universities in the nation in terms of hottest girls. <3

Edit: Also, Judo now has an issue when fighting Yoshi; getting ***** by my egg lays.
Get at that, man.

D

Deleted member

Winter Games Fest tomarrow, ima try to rep hard even tho im bad and stuffz.

My goal is 13th.

Chuee

Smash Hero

If all else fails, use egg lay.

Top Bottom