• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

bigman40

Smash Master
I forget how many people were at MLG Orlando. I think it was a bit more than MLG Raleigh, though.

Also, I'm glad that Chaz didn't sandbag you. He's a great guy. ^_^

I wonder why everyone else sandbagged, though. Who did you play against?

:069:
Some random snake main named Jafar. We played friday, then randomly, you came up in a discussion when I was around FL and he was like, "I sandbagged you. I didn't feel like taking it serious since I played the best yoshi."

Chaz would never sandbag me after we played back in halloween bash. We enjoy playing whenever we get the chance.

The other FL player I played was Tommy G (falco). I just think his playstyle deceptively seems like he's sandbagging, but it's w/e. I didn't mind tommy too much since I was getting good Falco/Yoshi practice.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Some random snake main named Jafar. We played friday, then randomly, you came up in a discussion when I was around FL and he was like, "I sandbagged you. I didn't feel like taking it serious since I played the best yoshi."

Chaz would never sandbag me after we played back in halloween bash. We enjoy playing whenever we get the chance.

The other FL player I played was Tommy G (falco). I just think his playstyle deceptively seems like he's sandbagging, but it's w/e. I didn't mind tommy too much since I was getting good Falco/Yoshi practice.
Florida mad cocky.

They also like to assume they have the best of every character.

bigman40

Smash Master
Some are. However, it's hilarious to be around most of them. Too bad I had moved out of FL when I was in Pre-K. I probably could've had the chance to play in their scene :(

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Jafar? You must mean Joey, then. Uh... don't mind him. He hasn't played many Yoshis. :laugh:

And Tommy G is cool, too. He appears to be sandbagging, but in actuality he isn't. He even makes tournament matches seem like friendlies. I remember jokingly telling him I hate him because he made me stop taking a tournament match seriously. XD

bigman40

Smash Master
Random note, you should get me on aim/msn/yahoo/skype. I might actually be going to a dallas tourney whenever I get the money (or at least close to it). Plus, I like talking to other yoshis about stuff instead of chatting here.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sure, but I really only use AIM on Meebo. I'm not on often, either. >.>

I think my AIM is Poltergust0000.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
All right, a while ago, i said i would step up to the plate and take care of our non up to dat match up problem, and here is my attempt to do so. I have decided to try and do this how the pikachu and lucario boards have done it by first having the normal discussion here in the yoshi forums, but then have the yoshi mains put in votes on what they think the mu should be, and the final mu will be the average of all the votes. I have created a group for a place to place the votes. I will add a reminder at the end of each mu's discussion, so you dont have to subscribe or anything unless you really want to. I know you've probably tried stuff like this before and may think it wont work, but give it a chance and it may work out. I will start it all up next week, so this week is all about the preparation. (if there even is any)

Here's the group link: http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2360

I set it to be public for the moment, but ill change it to be moderated after it's picked up a bit.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I would join this group if I started Competitive Brawling back in 08 rather then Starting in June this year.
I'll get the MU's and Metagame down for most of the charatcers first and then i'll join maybe.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I joined. I just hate how disorganized our current match-up discussions are, so I'm willing to try anything. =/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I will post a reminder here in the yoshi forums (and possibly a link as well as i know how lazy we can all get. Just look at me during the part with scatz at mlg). That way you will be reminded. It doesn't need to be super active, just a post or two per person a week really

@Jiles: nah i have separate ones for that :p

EDIT: @Delta: You can subscribe to groups. They show up underneath forums in your CP. It goes: Threads > Forums > Groups > Discussions

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol you have to actually be online sometimes then Bigs xD
Of course I'll be on SWF, but I won't be posting here anymore after today.
(unless people namesearch bait)
I have no incentive to work with people that can't put forth effort to advance his metagame (his metagame now is still about camping nearly every character to death), or do some of the dirty work I've spent for nearly a year now (frame data projects). I know that this place isn't always about doing the work, but when you see trolling on every thread, and completely inactive people that can't seem to balance out fun and serious stuff here. I've just decided to stop working at a place that I can label as a lost cause and go work on the other characters I enjoy in this game (PT, Bowser, and Falco). Soon, I'll get them up to tourney status and just play whoever I feel like, with my Yoshi still being the best out of them all.

Lastly, the reason why I said hit me up on AIM/MSN/etc. is because I answer that more often than messages I receive here. Some people that want questions answered can just shoot me a message and I'll gladly talk to them. Hell, I'm more social on AIM/Skype/MSN/etc. than here.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm on sparingly because I workout and do other stuff. Just hit me a message and I'll answer it whenever you sign online while I'm at my computer. I always answer those messages.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
You know what's stupid?

When people put "<3" in their posts to be cheeky. That is so stupid, don't do that because then I don't want to read your post.

Depster

Smash Champion
I agree.

Darnit I almost got to go to another Smashfest tomorrow but I ended up not being able to because I've never been to that part of Wichita and it would be latish when I left.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Just posting to say that today is the first day of the Yoshi holiday:
Sept. 3rd: Scatz
Sept. 4th: Airborne
Sept. 5th: Bwett (he's still a yoshi, just dead)
Sept. 6th: Labor Day
Sept. 7th: Green Ace

Happy birthday, Scatz!

.Marik

is a social misfit
happy birthday lil b <3

mad love

too drunk for proper punctuation and syntax

yoshi boards my home though, got to post more

Top Bottom