• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sharky

Smash Master
Hey, I'm not that bad when it comes to techniques and stuff. The only kinds of techniques I don't use are ones that involve DR, but that's only because it's almost impossible to do with my control setup. =/

If I could master just one DR technique, it would be the DR Waveland from the ledge. I can't even begin to imagine how useful that would be. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to do it...

:069:
but that's the easiest one, you don't even need special controls for that one and you can use a rhythm to do it...=/

airtime rule is dumb btw

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
but that's the easiest one, you don't even need special controls for that one and you can use a rhythm to do it...=/

airtime rule is dumb btw
Gah, then I must be doing something totally wrong. Can you run by me how to do that again? >_<

D

Deleted member

I play this ice climber main almost every tourney and we rarely get each other down the the last stock
Lol thats a skill thing bra, yoshi has tons of tools to easily beat any kind of wall ICs try to pull.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
they use the airtime rule in tijuana as well, and according to TKD and AC it works really nicely there.

You guys are acting like this nerfs characters who are in the air a lot. Timeouts DONT HAPPEN THAT FREAKING OFTEN. And they will happen a lot less with a 10 minute timer. Thats what people dont get, you cant time out from the ground. Notice how meta knight never times out from the ground. Snake never times people in general. Falco can time out, but with 10 minutes its gonna be almost impossible unless the other player is really bad.

IT would discourage timeouts timeouts by aerial characters, but pretty much no one has the ability to timeout from the ground. It only nerfs aerial characters like toon link if the TL is going for timeouts, which is not only hard to do on an 8 minute timer, but TL can still camp from the air as long as he isnt intentionally stalling.

Most of the theory craft against it is based on the fact that it nerfs aerial characters, but it doesnt (except jiggs, but who really cares).
Lol @ ground characters not timing people out.

Have you SEEN me play against Meta Knight?

Sharky

Smash Master
Gah, then I must be doing something totally wrong. Can you run by me how to do that again? >_<

hit up on the control stick and let go quickly to jump from the ledge. note the time difference between the stick hitting the top and the stick returning to neutral. After a time interval equal to that, tap the control stick towards the stage while slidng from Y to A.

Practice it a bit, and it's really easy. No Yoshi has an excuse NOT to learn how to do this.

Judo777

Smash Master
Actually concerning timing people out me and Airborne decided that it was a good rule to prevent time outs which i suppose was the initial goal and don't get me wrong if time outs didn't exist i'd be happy. The main issue is that it breaks the rule of the loser must approach.

Think about it this way in a game with Jiggs vs Bowser, Bowser will never ever have to approach no matter what the percent which is optimum for Bowser since he is mainly a defensive character and spends most of the game on the ground (compared to jiggs anyway). You can be up a stock on me but as Bowser i still have no reason to approach because not only will i win when the time goes out but I'm more likely to win if i don't approach anyway.

The rules works when u have a situation where u have grounded campers like falco and snake because regardless of percentage for the most part you have to approach these chars. However the rule falls apart when you consider characters that sometimes have to approach and spend a majority of their time on the ground. Now they never have to approach unless the opponent can camp them (which as stated above isn't really affected by the rule anyway)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
hit up on the control stick and let go quickly to jump from the ledge. note the time difference between the stick hitting the top and the stick returning to neutral. After a time interval equal to that, tap the control stick towards the stage while slidng from Y to A.

Practice it a bit, and it's really easy. No Yoshi has an excuse NOT to learn how to do this.
Ah, I see now. I wasn't using the control stick while doing it.

Let's see...

EDIT: Hm, well... I think I'm getting the hang of it. I just need to remember to d-air so that it auto-cancels.

Anyways, I'll practice this more when I get to Texas. My computer's getting packed now.

D

Deleted member

Let's see...

EDIT: Hm, well... I think I'm getting the hang of it. I just need to remember to d-air so that it auto-cancels.

Anyways, I'll practice this more when I get to Texas. My computer's getting packed now.

THE BLOOD GOD HAS SPOKEN. ALL HAIL. HAIL HAIL HAIL HAIL HAIL
*bows*

Sharky

Smash Master

Let's see...

nair is also rather useful if the opponent is right there at the ledge, cause if you time it right you can get that nair out right before you land, insta-get-up attack =D

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I don't understand why all these new rules have to be put in place. I know a few of them were put in place for meta knight, like the ledge grab limit to prevent scrooging and planking, but that doesn't really deprive meta knight all that much, making the point moot. Now for every little change that one new rule does, we have to make a new rule to compensate, which in the end turns into a giant mess.

But whatever, that's just me.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I'm here in Texas now. I'm staying at a hotel until tomorrow since that is when I'm scheduled to "Moove-in."

Time to change my location...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol thats a skill thing bra, yoshi has tons of tools to easily beat any kind of wall ICs try to pull.
Well about 2 mins of that battle involves both of us standing still with eggs and ice blocks being PS'd

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Are you using Egg Lay? That move is terrific in seperating them (and if you get Nana she'll stay in there for like 5 seconds, allowing you to focus on Popo).

Also, if they are forced to use Belay to recover, just drop off and n-air Popo after Nana grabs the ledge. Instant death and there is nothing they can do about it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Luck to you bigman! '3'

Oh btw after whining about pit like...a week ago I decided to use him as a secondary.
Spammy Mcarrows pretty good.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Jersey Shore is so cliched and overly dramatic, almost to the point of overkill. Completely ruins the natural curiosity of the show.

The background music also makes it more ********.

This show is ridiculous. So much unwarranted and unrealistic situations. Drama. Drama everywhere.

I think I'm way too over analytical; and also high at the moment.

*Edit* LOOOOOOOOOL at this girl crying. My troll senses are tingling at the moment.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Neeever heard of it. xD
Is it like bad bad, or so bad its funny bad?
I looooove bad cheesy movies~! Has anyone seen shoot em up? Omg, best action movie ever~!
Its so over the top corny. The main character kills people with carrots as his main weapon. :V

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Neeever heard of it. xD
Is it like bad bad, or so bad its funny bad?
I looooove bad cheesy movies~! Has anyone seen shoot em up? Omg, best action movie ever~!
Its so over the top corny. The main character kills people with carrots as his main weapon. :V
O__________o

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I kid you not. Me and my friend watched it together, laughed are ***** off. =p
Stupid movies have there appeal. Theres this one seen wear the main character is doing this one chick and all these gang members come in with guns, and he fights em....while still doing her. Like he doesn't even decide to stop. xD Its like...wow.

If your bored I recommend ya watch it with someone so you can laugh at it~! <3 Bad movies are only good if ya watch it with someone~! =w=

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't watch that show. I'm afraid my brain will ooze out of my ears if I do.
Good advice. I kid you not.

I was stoned as hell last night, so I took the liberty of watching it and then laughed my *** off at mainstream reality television shows that lack any form of genuine intelligence.

Jersey Shore is ********. Simple as that. The cast is even more ********, almost making it unbearable to watch.

I also tried tuning in and watching it from a different perspective, but I couldn't. Dumb show.

Lil Brutus, what's happening? You should get an Aesop Rock signature like myself. Too good.

By the way, I wish a national Canadian tournament happened, and perhaps Atlantic North regions could reach. That'd be grimy.

Top Bottom