• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I don't have a Yoshi keychain, but I have 5 Yoshi plushies and 1 little Yoshi...action figure, I guess. I bought the first plushie myself, and everything else has just kinda fallen into my lap since then. =s

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a yoshi poster, another poster with yoshi on it, a yoshi text alert on my phone, a yoshi action figure (i bet its the same as firefly's lol), and a notebook that has what looks a hell of a lot like yoshi eggs on it

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
All I have is an itty bitty yoshi doll I had since I was like 5. Still cute though. :>

I need more yoshi stuffs. =3=

Z will you...be mai yoshi? :>

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I just beat the second best ranked person on swf's online tournament rankings in a tournament match :o

bigman40

Smash Master
It happens. Can't do anything about it when they initially come here.

Anyways, what made you come back? You happen to disappear tons of times.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hey, I only disappeared three times! :mad:

Actually, I wanted to come back onto the boards before I lost all touch with them. Also, it's summer and there are not a lot of things to do. =P

I hope I stop being lazy like this... (yes, THAT was the reason I stopped coming here: laziness).

I have a lot of things to update here... but I'll do that tomorrow. It's been an exhausting day. :laugh:

:069:

bigman40

Smash Master
To be honest, It's fairly dead here other than a few Yoshi mains now. Tons of projects I've been working on (such as Yoshi's semi jab lock) I've stopped cause I don't have help and almost felt no need to continue them. =/

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
BIGMAN. ;3;
What do you use to slow framerates down? Im hoping its homebrew because im getting that soon. This jab lock things got me curious.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yes it's homebrew.

As for the jab lock, Yoshi does't have the regular lock most characters have (aka the laser lock), but he's able to have frame advantage to the point where opponents have to DI out of his jabs in order to stop it. I'll explain it in complete detail if people can help me finish this before I have to go back to college.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
DI out of it?
Hmm well im not sure if this is relevant or not, but I once played against an olimar player. He had 0%. Dunno how it happened but I got him lock into 4 of yoshis full jab combos without him getting knocked back. All he could do was try to DI outta it. :>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ah, I see. I managed to do something like that, too. One time I managed to land 3 jab combos in a row. ^_^

And thanks, Firefly.

:069:

bigman40

Smash Master
Yeah, but there's other things you can do from it that I've never mentioned. Stuff that can take a stock to stuff that can just add damage before they DI out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have an updated wii so as soon as a new homebrew is out, ill get it and help out

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Daaaaaaaamn, a stock just for jabbing someone? xD haha, alright alright once I get homebrew i'll get the framerate slower thing and see if I can help ya out~! This sounds interesting. :>

Yikarur

Smash Master
13 People Smashfest last weekend I got 2nd in Low Tier (lost to Samus), 2nd in Teams (with Lucario, lost to Wolf + Wolf/GaW) and 3rd in Singles (Lost to Wolf (SDfest of me I SD'd twice ;_; and ZSS/Samus )
Samus got problems against me when I started to be all aggressive (it was super effective!;) but Zair sucks so much.
the Yoshi:Zair Match-up is arround 30:70 :p Yoshi:Samus without Zair would be so much better lol
and upB is annoying, Yoshi is too fat to DI out of it constantly.

So I hear that smogon has moved Salamence to Uber tier >_< They may as well make Magikarp uber for all the good it will do them. Anyway--

yo yoshis :)

Depster

Smash Champion
About the jab lock thing guys. I've done it with friends and know how it works, just not the exact percents, but you do the first jab, crouch, first jab, crouch, first jab, etc. Since you can fsmash, ftilt, and whatever out of the first jab, that's how you get kills with it. Am I right bigs or am I just leading them astray?

bigman40

Smash Master
Daaaaaaaamn, a stock just for jabbing someone? xD haha, alright alright once I get homebrew i'll get the framerate slower thing and see if I can help ya out~! This sounds interesting. :>
The quicker you get it, the quicker the information can be put up.

Can you give a basic synopsis of how it works?
vvv

About the jab lock thing guys. I've done it with friends and know how it works, just not the exact percents, but you do the first jab, crouch, first jab, crouch, first jab, etc. Since you can fsmash, ftilt, and whatever out of the first jab, that's how you get kills with it. Am I right bigs or am I just leading them astray?
You're right, but some of what you said is combo-able and some aren't (which matters percentage wise). There's also two types of Jabs Yoshi has, which will be explained whenever this is done.

13 People Smashfest last weekend I got 2nd in Low Tier (lost to Samus), 2nd in Teams (with Lucario, lost to Wolf + Wolf/GaW) and 3rd in Singles (Lost to Wolf (SDfest of me I SD'd twice ;_; and ZSS/Samus )
Samus got problems against me when I started to be all aggressive (it was super effective!;) but Zair sucks so much.
the Yoshi:Zair Match-up is arround 30:70 :p Yoshi:Samus without Zair would be so much better lol
and upB is annoying, Yoshi is too fat to DI out of it constantly.
Stop killing yourself.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Hi Yoshi's. I'd like to ask how you guys something. Do you all B-Stick when you wavebounce your Egg Lay's but retain the same direction you're facing in? I've recently been trying to master this with Bowser, as it will open a whole new dimension for my gameplay, but i have to say it's been a difficult road. I just wanted to know if you guys find B-Sticking preferable only because it's easier, i honestly don't think i could use B-Sticking since i rely on the C stick too much for spacing Klaw hopped aerials.

If you're wondering why i'm asking you guys specifically, it's because i can't think of another character who so frequently puts wavebounced neutral special to good use other than you Yoshi's.

Top Bottom