• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yea-or-Nay! 10-Characters-a-Day Poll [RESULTS ARE UP]

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yay to Medusa(the only Kid Icarus character I'd want), Springman, Pichu and T-Rex, nay to the rest.

Whilst I like Midna enough she's not my favourite and there's a few Zelda characters I'd prefer before her; Impa, Tingle(yes Tingle even HW sold me on the idea of playable Tingle), Vaati and Ghirahim to name a few.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Shovel Knight, Spring Man, and Midna; Nay to anyone else.

I haven't played ARMS, but Spring Man seems to be the main character (or at least the one with the most focus), and it seems like any character from ARMS could make for a fun addition.

I feel like the Zelda assist trophies that were added to Smash 4 were wasted potential - any of those three could have been interesting playable characters, and it's not like Zelda's got a disproportionately high amount of playable characters in Smash.

Shovel Knight seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play as, and his gameplay from his original game would translate well into Smash.

For the nays, I don't see the point in bringing back Pichu, considering that he's Pikachu but worse in every aspect. Not familiar with Touch Detective, Fossil Fighters, BoxBoy, or Pilotwings. For Randi, I can think of about half a dozen Square-Enix characters that I'd prefer off the top of my head, and while Medusa's on the borderline, I feel like four Kid Icarus characters would be rather excessive.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I know Spring Man is probably going to make it, but I'm not going to pretend to like him. NAY

Shovel Knight and Midna for me

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Right, this one had a lot of fun additions!

- Medusa. Yes. She is the only newcomer from Kid Icarus at this point I would be satisfied with, being wanting to play, and all of this because she is a female villain, and she would be the Palutena for Dark Pit.

- Shovel Knight. Softest Yay. If any indies joins, better be him.

- Spring Man. I do not mind him at all, but I see it likely only if he was something Sakurai wanted to gamble on in the early progress of the game. Still rather want Ribbon Girl.

- Goose. I think I'm the only one I've met wanting this character. I do not held hopes high at all, but I would welcome the Pilot Wings representation, and I think he is more unique than Lark.

- Pichu, of course I would love the concept of a Glass Cannon fighter to join the roster, but it better be excecuted better.

Morbi

Scavenger
One week anniversary!

Midna, while not my favorite Zelda companion, how could you deny that is among the most unique Nintendo characters of all time?

Medusa, while not my favorite Kid Icarus character (Hades) is still definitely someone I would want to see. I enjoy playing Medusa or Gorgon-esque characters in other MOBA and it would be interesting to play out in a fighting game. Presumably it would function similar to Sub-Zero.

Spring Man is my boy, the only character I legitimately want this time around. The only character I expect, despite having some guesses as to who will appear. Spring Man is perfection. Spring Man pulls all the ladies and Midna/Medusa are no exception. I really want to see how the stretching mechanic would play out in Smash and I love boxing, plus that hair. Honestly, the worst part about him is that I do not know more about him.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Nay to all except Spring Man and Midna, who are just a Soft Yay. Aside from that I have no strong feelings about anyone, except Shovel Knight, who I loathe, but I don't want to be crucified by fanboys.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Medusa (Kid Icarus series)
-Yay, if Kid Icarus gets a new rep it should either be her or Hades

Mackenzie (Touch Detective series)
-Nay, never played this series

Shovel Knight
-Nay, for purely personal reasons, I acknowledge he's the best indie character to be in Smash for technical reasons but I think his game is really overrated so I rly don't want to see him in Smash

Qbby (Boxboy series)
-Nay, never got into Boxboy

T-Rex (Fossil Fighters series)
-Nay, never played this series

Spring Man (ARMS)
-Nay bc I'm nay to all characters from fighting series until proven otherwise. Meaning, if Sakurai can find a way to make Spring Man interesting, then great! But as much I love Arms, I can't see it

Randi (Mana series)
-Nay, never played this series and with the Mana remake not coming to Switch than it should stay away from Smash

Goose (Pilotwings series)
-Nay, not sure how a Pilotwings character would work

Pichu (Pokemon series) (Returning)
-Nay, it was funny in Melee and all but not something that should come back

Midna (Legend of Zelda series)
-Nay, Midna's terribly overrated

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Medusa- Definitely want to see her in one of the future Smash games. She'd make for awesome villain representation for Kid Icarus in Smash, if not her I'd like to see Hades.

T-Rex- Fossil Fighter is an underrated series for sure. I'd specifically like to see Nibbles represent the series, but really any representation would be perfectly fine.

Spring-Man- Yay simply because I expect him to become playable due to him being the mascot of ARMS. I'd rather see someone like Ninjaro or even Master Mummy though.

Midna- I really like Midna's design and I think adding her as an assist trophy instead of a playable character was a mistake, similar to how I feel about Skull Kid. So this one is a yes for me.

Nay to everything else though.

D

Deleted member

Soft yea for both Dark Matter andd Sylux. Not really much to say.
Nay to everyone else, mostly because I don't know a lot of them.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
- Sylux is the only Prime Hunters I'd like to see playable. Hear he might be the main villain of Prime 4, so, why not playable too? Still, I do want Ridley and Dark Samus as well.

- Soft yay to Rabbids, only if, and that's a big "if"... If they are based on the Mario x Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom Battle thing... Utulize weapons, and have tons of costumes from that game. Also, for nostalgic purposes one with the classic Rabbid... Still, it's only soft because of that game, I do not particularly want them.

That's all for today.

Troykv

Smash Master
I arrived late!

Day: 7

Yea to: Medusa, Shovel Knight, Spring Man and Midna

Nanay to the rest.

Day 8:

Yea to Dark Matter :D

Nanay to the rest because ¿?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Sylux (though I wouldn't prioritize him over Ridley), Dark Matter (especially if they could incorporate elements of the swordsman form), Slime (Dragon Quest is a pretty big deal, especially in Japan), Henry Fleming (I've only played the demo of Codename STEAM, but it could make for an interesting series to add), and Quote. (as far as indie characters go, he'd be a good choice)

Nay to the rest.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to Flynn since he could be a good option to represent Atlus, nay to everyone else

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The Day 9 poll is up!

Today's characters are:
  • Chosen Undead (Dark Souls series)
  • Captain Rainbow
  • Hector (Fire Emblem series)
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)
  • Kate Alen (F-Zero series)
  • Sami (Advance Wars series)
  • Poochy (Yoshi series)
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Series)
  • Calista (The Last Story)
  • Jill Dozer (Drill Dozer)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Today it's only one character I will vote for;

- Sami. It would be fun with an Advance Wars character, and I think it's safe to believe Snake won't return, why not spare his moves and bring "some" of it over to Sami? I think she could get some of them, while also be original. I think that would have been a fun addition.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Lloyd because I freakin' love both his series and his high-movement movepool.
Yay to Poochy, despite no idea how the character would work, because he's more likely than the Stork or a generic and I really want to see more love for Yoshi's solo games.
Yay to Amaterasu because her game was absolutely gorgeous, she has a very non-standard body type and her moveset potential is huge.
Yay to Hector because he doesn't weild a sword. Sure, his series is less in need of a unique newcomer than Krystal's but that's still a big deal for the FE universe in Smash, IMO.
Nay to Kate Allen because she's never seemed that relevant within her series and F-Zero has better options.
Nay to "Chosen Undead" because Dark Souls really doesn't belong in Smash.
Nay to the rest through lack of knowledge.

Morbi

Scavenger
Amaterasu is definitely a character I would love to see. She comes from, arguably, one of the best games of all time. In essence, Okami is basically the best Legend of Zelda game, which is definitely an accomplishment in and of itself. Personally, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time; however, from a pure quality standpoint, Okami has it beat. Beyond that, she has the quadrupedal angle to make her even more unique than she already is. I would absolutely love to see her in Smash as she was already one of the best designed characters in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Sad she did not return in Infinite, or am I, do I really want her associated with that trash heap? Probably not. I digress, it would be great to play as Amaterasu again.

D

Deleted member

Nay to all. Indifferent to most characters but that isn't enough to get a seal of approval
I don't feel like explaining

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Yay to Hector. One of my favourite FE characters and would bring a new weapon to FE fighters (axe)
Yay to Lloyd Irving because of "Tales of..." representation
Yay to Sami because Advance Wars representation

Nay to Captain Rainbow, Jill Dozer, Kate Alen and Poochy because I don't like them
Nay to Calista because I don't know her game nor the character
Nay to Amateratsu because I don't think it's an iconic well known third-party character, but the game and the character are cool
Nay to Unchosen Undead because Dark Souls doens't fit in Smash Bros, it makes no sense

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
My yays go to:
  • Captain Rainbow: just so his game gets a shot in being ported to the Switch
  • Kate Alen (F-Zero series): I'm always for more F-Zero in Smash
  • Sami (Advance Wars series): AW needs a character, they could be really unique

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Day 10's poll is up!

Today's Characters are:
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)
  • Magnus (Kid Icarus series)
  • Tethu (Ever Oasis)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem series)
  • Lana (Legend of Zelda series)
  • Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven series)
  • Tap Trial Girl (Rhythm Heaven series)
  • Zip (Fling Smash)
  • F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
  • Zeron (Pandora's Tower)

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Yay to Chrom because I've been wishing for him since Smash 4 was announced, I love him
Yay to Magnus because he would be my favourite choice if Kid Icarus gets a new fighter, I prefer him over Medusa and Hades
Yay to Chorus Kids because they're probably one of the best choices to represent Rhythm Heaven

Nay to Tap Trial Girl because Chorus Kids seem far more interesting
Nay to Scorpion because I'm a Sub Zero main xd
Nay to Lana because she is irrelevant. There's a lot of better options for Zelda
Nay to F Type and Zip because LOL just no
Nay to Zeron because I don't even know who he is
Nay to Tethu because there are better choices for an indie newcomer (like Shovel Knight or Shantae)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
This time it's 2;

- Chorus Kids, because I want a Rhyhm Heaven rep, and I actually know a bit about them. If they were 3 combinative, they would be very original.

- Scorpion. While it's very unlikely I still think it's true that he would be pretty epic. GET OVER HERE.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yea to Lana since I plugged about 500 hours of my high school existence into Hyrule Warriors and I think she'd have an awesome moveset

Nay to everyone else, but if the rhythm heaven reps were incorporated into Karate Joe's move set I'd be happy to see them. Someone actually animated an interesting possibility for a move set for Rhythm Heaven.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to:
  • Chorus Kids: ever since Gematsu I lowkey want them
Nay to the rest (even if I love Lana I think Zelda has many other mainline characters)

D

Deleted member

• Scorpion- NAY, it dosent look like nintendo wants to see there characters get bloody/killed, nor do i.
  • Magnus- Nay, asked me before smash 4, yes... But dark pit is here tho.
  • Tethu- Yay.... Tho the only thing he has going for him is that Ever oasis was made along side smash 5 and has a good idea for a ally summoning character... But the game sold like crap... I do see a stage tho.
  • Chrom- Nay, His time has passed sadly... Might even get replaced by tharja for Robins final smash...
  • Lana- Yay, Prefer her WAY more than linkle(1 joke side story for the 3ds while lana is a plot heavy character in both stories and people dont want her.... Ok) tho thats if Hyrule Warriors gets a rep at all.
  • Chorus Kids- Yay, had a chance before... So its not unlikely.
  • Tap Trial Girl- Yay, why not i guess.
  • Zip -Nay, no feelings for him.
  • F-Type - Nay... Tho an interesting idea...
  • Zeron -Nay, his time has pass sadly, and xenoblade overshadowed it by a metric ton. Id like a stage tho

Top Bottom