• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yea-or-Nay! 10-Characters-a-Day Poll [RESULTS ARE UP]

Troykv

Smash Master
Let's see....

Yea to BanjoKazooie, Takamaru and 2B.

Nanay to the rest.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Can't believe that I missed day 2...
I would so be supporting Lip, one of my most wanted playable characters. I'd also support Ashley, and I do not know why, but Pious was somewhat a character I'd like to see, but during Smash Switch that interest has faded.

For today, there is only 3 that I'd like;
- Takamaru, because he is a cool retro choice I can see being promoted.
- 2B, do not know anything of the series, but I like her design.
- Banjo & Kazooie, just because my bestfriend is crazy about them.

andimidna

Smash Master
I only voted for Takamaru

I’d be happy for the Banjo fans, but that’s not my childhood so I just don’t know him
I don’t want a 2nd Sonic character at all
From my understanding, Isa Jo was the protagonist of the newer S&P game I think? Idk, Saki has at least some recognizability from being an assist trophy, so I think that makes more sense. I don’t know the series though
2B looks cool I just don’t know her

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Banjo because I grew up with him and he's full of personality.
Nay to additional Sonic characters because, much as Tails has potential, they seem superfluous.
Nay to Todd because he's not an iconic character in any way and there are better ways to rep his iconic spinoff game.
Nay to Apollo because he's not Phoenix and why would we settle for a secondary main?
Nay to the rest because I just don't know them.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Wow, you do random picks! Not that I mind, it lets me vote 2B...

Seriously, Nier: Automata is a great game and even if it is not normally your "thing" I heartily recommend it to everyone, awesome character design, lovely graphics, great sounds, superb gameplay, lots of replayability and endings, quite nice story, it is all a very great package and 2B would be one of my favorite Smash newcomers ignoring the fact that it will never happen. If it did happen, though, jeez. Also has totally sweet moveset potential.

Banjo and Kazooie do not mean a lot to me but they'd be a good N64 "Retro" rep/a collector game rep, have a lot of fans, in general they would be fun to see in. I prefer other reps to Knuckles and Tails, but they would be fun to have in. Ristar does not interest me, I would much rather have Saki than Isa Jo, Takamaru admittedly I would enjoy in but is a bit below what I consider a "Yay" for this kind of thing (He was a 32% want on Chance/Want).

Then there are other picks are far subsumed by rather having multiple other characters (Todd Snap, Apollo Justice, Tiz Arrior), with Todd Snap featuring the Legion of Pokedoom, Apollo vastly outshined by Phoenix, Edgeworth, Godot, Gant, Manfred and so on and I would rather have Agnes than Tiz for example. Wouldn't be a bad pick there but I just have more preferences.

D

Deleted member

Yay to Tibby. I really like Rhythm Heaven and a rhythm based character would be nice to have.
Nay to everyone else though. I don't even know many of these characters so I'll comment on the ones I do:
Ayumi Tachibana: Seems like a character Sakurai brought up and then people clang into. Moveset wise she seems like Phoenix Wright without actually being Phoenix Wright, so that's a no.
EShop bag: What the actual ****.
Excitebiker: I'm actually not entirely opposed to this, but I don't care at all.
Wes: From Pokemon XD? The game where you start with an Umbreon and Espeon? Yeah no thanks, keep the Eeveelutions out of Smash, especially Umbreon.
Kumatora: Serious question... Why do people want her? I haven't played Mother 3, but I do know that Kumatora is one of the party members there and that she uses offensive PSI, and Lucas uses all of her moves in Smash. I can't see the appeal at all.

I'll ask again, when are we going to see characters that are commonly talked about?

Last edited by a moderator:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I'll ask again, when are we going to see characters that are commonly talked about?
When RNG allows it.
I have a list of characters, each numbered, then I use a random number generator to select 10.
I did it this way because I didn't want to use up all the popular characters at once in 1-or-2 polls.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Honestly, the onl y one I'd want here is Ayumi Tachibana.

I do not want Excitebike Racer. Because he is a rival to Balloon Fighter. My most wanted Retro.

Rest I do not know, nor care for, so waiting for tomorrow.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whoa, just realized there’s a strawpoll for this. Now I feel dumb.

Anyway, Ayumi would be great, even if still a long shot. Excitebiker is the kind of retro pick I just love, and Kumatora would be unique moveset wise and would give us more Mother representation (which is always great).

Don’t really know a lot about Tibby, would rather have the Chorus Kids for RH. The 1080 series should get a rep down the line, but for the time being I’m good.

eShop bag guy? Who comes up with these picks? There’s Wii Fit Trainer level weirdness and then there’s this.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Ayumi Tachibana: Nay
Absolutely no moveset potential.

Captain Viridian: Nay
Nothing to do with Nintendo.

Sakura Samurai: Nay
A 3rd-party character with one game, and apparently it wasn't all that great.

Wes: Nay
I'm vehemently opposed to humans from Pokemon being in Smash.

eShop Bag: Nay
Come on bruh.

Excitebiker: Yay
At this point, why the hell not?

Kunio: Yay
Almost every one of the games in the massive Kunio-kun series was exclusive to a Nintendo console (not counting re-releases), at this point he's barely 3rd-party and it shouldn't hold him back.

Kumatora: Soft Yay
I barely know anything about Mother, but this character is very heavily requested, so why not?

Rob Haywood: Yay
1080 was a high quality series.

Tibby/Tebiri: Yay
Edit: apparently they're he's the guys from the Megamix game and not the see-saw frogs.

Edit 2: I also didn't know Tibby and Teribi are the same guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd rather have a blanket character like Marshal than characters from a specific rhythm game.
You do know that Tibby is literally the main character in Rhythm Heaven Megamix's story, right?
He's not from a minigame.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
@Lampy I did not, I thought they were the frog guys from the see-saw game. I also thought they were two people. I really messed that one up lol.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It was going to be my first "nay-to-all" day; however, I really did not want to do that, so I just voted for Excitebiker. He has a bike. That is really all I can say about it.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
This will be my first 'Nay to all' response. None of them are characters I'd exactly advocate for getting a spot in the game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Voted Nay to All.

I like Excitebiker but not sure he'd work as a character. Definitely want an Excitebike stage though.

Does Rhythm Heaven's mascot keep changing each game? I remember Marshall was host last time, is Tibby the new new main guy?

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Does Rhythm Heaven's mascot keep changing each game? I remember Marshall was host last time, is Tibby the new new main guy?
Yeah, each game has its own mascot(s).
The first game has the Drum Samurai, the second game has Frog Hop and the Chorus Kids, the third game and Fever had Marshal, Cam, and Miss Ribbon, Rhythm Heaven has the Tap Trial Girl, and Megamix has Tibby.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So much yes for Dovahkiin! I’m not big on 3rd parties, but Skyrim is awesome, and was the *second* game shown in the first Switch commercial.

And who doesn’t want to Shout Kirby off the stage?

Also yes to Snake. Wasn’t a huge fan during Brawl, but he wasn’t bad.

D

Deleted member

Hard yay for Snake. Bring him back, Sakurai.
Yay to Chibi-Robo. He's fun in Flash 2.
Soft yay to Solaire and Dragonborn. I don't play either Dark Souls or Skyrim but they're both pretty well known series that I wouldn't mind seeing get a rep in Smash.
Nay to everyone else, but I will only comment on Sceptile and Karate Joe.
Sceptile is a Pokemon that I like and I even used to support for Smash... but he lost his appeal overtime. Sceptile was nothing more than a bandwagon with awful reasoning behind it (Blaziken was very highly requested before the Sm4sh days and I dug up a Swampert support thread from the brawl days during my research, yet none for Sceptile), and now people accuse Decidueye's supporters for doing the same thing (though I won't deny that some of them do). I find Decidueye to be a far more appealing character from a moveset perspective and as a Pokemon (It's my 3rd favorite Pokemon), and Sceptile went from being my second favorite Hoenn starter to my least favorite (I like all of them though).
Karate Joe is just super generic and I'd be disappointed if they chose him over a Rhythm Heaven character that references various minigames.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Voted Snake and Karate Joe, just because Rhythm Heaven deserves a rep (but I don't know if that's the best character for it). As for Snake, it's a shame that such an important character in gaming history was cut, but I can see why Sakurai wouldn't want to bring him back.

I don't really understand why everyone wants Solaire and Dovahkiin all of a sudden. Just because the developers were nice enough to port their old games to a Nintendo system? Third-party representation in Smash should be earned based on history, not whether or not their old games were just released on a Nintendo console.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Not interested in Sceptile now that Decidueye is an option, honestly. I used to hope for him though.
Voted Snake, Chibi Robo, and Karate Joe.
I’d rather get a weird character like the Choir Boys for Rhythm Heaven, but Karate Joe would definitely be easier to implement and is more of a character and is more recurring.
Chibi Robo’s series seems to have just died, but sure. He probably deserves better.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
2 of my most wanted newcomers today!;

- Chibi-Robo is quite up on my most wanted newcomers. After playing him in SSF2, I really wanted him.

- Doshin is my pipe-dream choice, and I think he would be an interesting, fun, unique, epic and a great WTF choice.

- Sceptile I'd be open for. Would fit the roster well, both as being fun, representing gen 3 and we get grass.

- Karate Joe, just because we could have something from Rhythm Heaven.

Rest I say Naaaaaay.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Chibi Robo and Doshin the Giant because they're both obscure Nintendo series that deserve more love, have some nice, cartoony personality to them and seem like they'd be good for gameplay variety.
Yay to Rune Factory, despite the difficulty of working in a custom, because I have a soft spot for the concept and feel of that franchise.
Nay to Snake because he was a poor fit for the atmosphere of Smash and nay to both Solaire and that other-kin dragon guy because they would be too.
Nay to sceptile because, with the number of pokemon we already have, newcomers from that series should be more unique and interesting. Like Honedge, say.
Nay to everyone else by default because I don't know them.

Morbi

Scavenger
Third-party day!

Dragonborn, because I want to fus-ro-dah Nintendo characters off the stage and make arrow to the knee jokes when facing Link or Pit. Skyrim is a top-ten game and while the Dragonborn is just a silent protagonist, he has a LOT of move-set potential.

Snake, because he was one of the only characters I enjoyed playing in Brawl. He did not fit... At all, but that is why I loved him. That is what a third-party should be as far as I am concerned. It is more fun to play as someone you never expected than a pseudo-Nintendo character that just happens to be owned by another company.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Nathan Gries: Nay

Dragonborn/Dovahkiin: Nay

Mallo: Soft Yay
Why not?

Snake: Yay
I want Raiden, Raiden's only possible if Snake comes back.

Chibi-Robo: Yay
he's earned it.

Rune Factory Protagonist: Soft Nay
3rd party I don't care about

Karate Joe: Nay
I'd rather have a blanket character like Marshal or Tibby.

Sceptile: Soft Nay
If I was to have a Gen 3 rep I'd rather have Blaziken.

Solaire: Nay

Doshin the Giant: Soft Nay
Too big.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Nathan Gries (Tiny Metal)
Nay, never played this game

Dragonborn/Dovahkiin (Elder Scrolls series)
Yay since I'd guess it'd be cool even though there are a billion other 3rd parties I'd rather see before

Mallo (Pushmo/Pullblox series)
Nay I'm not too big on Pushmo

Snake (Metal Gear series) (Returning)
Nay. I love MGS and while Snake made sense in Brawl bc of Twin Snakes a few years prior, MGS's presence in Nintendo console is zero nowadays

Chibi-Robo
Yay, he could be really unique

Rune Factory Protagonist
Nay, never played it

Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven series)
Yay, he could be a nice Rhythm Heaven rep

Sceptile (Pokemon series)
Nay, always thought it's rly overrated

Solaire (Dark Souls series)
Nay, I'm not too big on Dark Souls

Doshin the Giant
Yay for wtf characters

Plus I forgot day 5:
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective Club: The Missing Heir)
Yay for wtf retro obscure characters

Captain Viridian (VVVVVV)

Sakura Samurai

Wes (Pokemon series)
Nay, never saw the appeal of the GCN Pokemon games

eShop Bag (Nintendo's eShop)
nay. It's too wtf even to me

Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Yay, Excitebike is iconic enough and it could result in a unique fighter

Kunio (River City Ransom)
Nay, never played it

Kumatora (Earthbound/Mother series)
Nay, the only new Mother rep I'd want to see is Mother 1 Giygas

Rob Haywood (1080 series)
Nay, can't see how a 1080 character would work

Tibby/Tebiri (Rhythm Heaven series)
Nay purely because Tibby's forced storyline was my least fave part of RH Megamix

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Big Yay for Chibi Robo, smaller yays for Snake, Sceptile and Doshin the Giant.

Although to be honest I'd much prefer Doshin to be a stage. Like he himself is the thing you fight on. That'd be cool.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Nathan Gries: Nay

Dragonborn/Dovahkiin: Nay

Mallo: Nay

Snake: Yay
I love David. What he brought to the game was irreplaceable.

Chibi-Robo: Nay

Rune Factory Protagonist: Nay

Karate Joe: Nay

Sceptile: Yay
Sceptile's demand has sputtered out with Decidueye's release, but I still think he'd have a fun moveset. I also think Sceptile's got the better design, too.

Solaire: Nay

Doshin the Giant: Nay

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Chibi Robo is a hard yay

Doshin is a soft yay

I'll pass on the rest, personally

Interesting to see early results. Solaire gets a lot of love elsewhere but here, less than Doshin. Huh

D

Deleted member

Yea to Shovel Knight, soft yea for Pichu and Midna.
Everyone else gets a nay because I don't care about them.
Not gonna explain because I feel really angry right now.
(Edit: I accidently didn't vote for Midna)

Last edited by a moderator:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Springman because he's new, popular and liable to make a very fun fighter.
Yay to Pichu because he was a clone who played very differently from his original and had a unique gimmick to him. With some tweaking for balance, he could be a great (re)addition to the roster.
Yay to Qbby because he's a super interesting and out there contender.
Nay to Mackenzie because, while I liked the games, I have no particular interest in her or in them being represented in an SSB moveset.
Nay to Shovel Knight because again, I don't particularly care for him, even if he would probably be unique and fun.
Nay to Midna because she shouldn't be a character. She should simply be an assistant to Wolf Link.
Nay to Medusa by default because I have no real opinion, even if she would be better than Black Pit.
Nay to everyone else because I don't know them.

Top Bottom