• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yea-or-Nay! 10-Characters-a-Day Poll [RESULTS ARE UP]

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Ivysaur. Bulbasaur was my starter of choice in gen. 1, and while I don't want them to overload on gen. 1 Pokemon, I also don't want to see unique characters getting cut.

Yay to Fawful. If the Mario RPGs got a character (they've been weirdly ignored in Smash and games like Mario Kart), and Geno couldn't be used for legal reasons, I feel like he'd be pretty entertaining.

Yay to Elma. While I haven't beaten Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, I'd prefer her over Cross, the avatar character, who seems like a complete blank slate. (plus, from what I've seen, the story seems to focus on her as opposed to Cross)

Yay to Samurai Goroh. Given that he's out of shape, it seems like he'd play differently compared to most other sword-users, and he seems to have the most to work with out of the F-Zero cast.

Yay to Plasm Wraith. It could easily be adjusted to the size of Olimar, and its shape-shifting and different elemental attacks give it more material than just about any other Pikmin character.

Tentative yay to Vaati - while I haven't played any games with him in them, he does seem like he'd be interesting, his design stands out from the rest of the Zelda cast, and Zelda could really use more characters (especially villains).

I'm neutral about Aeron, since I haven't played Pandora's Tower. Gameplay-wise, he seems like he'd be interesting from what I've seen on Youtube, so I'll lean a bit more towards yay.

Nay to Tetra (I feel like the Zelda series could do better than having another Link/Zelda/Ganondorf), Nate/Katie (don't really care for Yo-Kai Watch), and Fossil Hero (I have no knowledge of or interest in Fossil Fighters).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Soft yes to Ivysaur, nay to Samurai Goroh, hard nay to anything Yokai Watch related, indifferent to the rest.
Don't feel like going into detail today.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Ultra yay to the villain of the greatest: Fawful! If he doesn't make it in as an assist trophy at least I WILL HAVE FURY!

Soft yay to Vaati since his games have come and gone, but I still find him as one of the better villains of the LoZ series.

Nay to everyone else.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to:
  • Fawful (Super Mario series): I think he's the best Mario RPG option, tied with Geno. Certainly miles better than Paper Mario
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles series): is the ideal Xenoblade X rep, and if Rex is really the most likely Xenoblade 2 character, I'd rather have Elma
  • Tetra (Legend of Zelda series): Tetra is just one of my favorite incarnations of Zelda
  • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series): F-Zero needs more love and no matter how many swordsman we have (sword is just another weapon anyway), we've had zero samurai characters! This needs to be fulfilled somehow

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Yay to Goroh and Tetra, Nay to everyone else. Hard Nay to Ivysaur, since I'm still pissed at it for ruining Charizard and Squirtle in Brawl.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Aeron and Tetra because they're somewhat interesting from a gameplay standpoint and a unique toon-style Zelda character would be nice.
Nay to Goroh because he doesn't seem like he'd be any fun.
Soft nay to the others out of lack of interest. Who even is that wraith?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Right, back again with a recap since last time;

+ - ++ - +++
^
Will be my indication

+ = I would be ok with.
++ = I support.
+++ = Strong support.

16th;
- Black Shadow. +++
- Jibanyan. +
- Bomberman. +++
- Tom Nook. +

17th;
- Pokémon Trainer. Ivysaur <3 ++
- Decidueye. ++

18th;
- Sukapon. +
- Marine Liteyears. +
- Goemon. +

19th;
- Ribbon Girl. <3 +++
- Marx. +

20th;
- Professor Layton. ++
- Mike Jones. +

21;
- Ivysaur. <3 <3 <3 +++
- Elma. +
- Samurai Goroh. Favourite pilot of all time. <3 +++
- Vaati. +

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh, this is one of these were I can't vote for any character because I don't actively want any of them XDU

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day 21:
Hard Yay to Vaati. After Impa he's my most wanted Zelda newcomer. Could strike a better balance between realistic and Toon Zelda games with a villain.
Slightly lighter Yay to Tetra for much the same reason.
Yay to Samurai Goroh, whom is the only other F-Zero character really I'd want
Yay to Fossil Hero because frankly I love dinosaurs.
Nay to rest.

The missed days:

Day 18:

Nay to everyone.

Day 19:
Yay to Marx only. Was tempted with Ribbon Girl but she's not more more interesting a character design than Springman.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 22nd poll is up!

Today's characters are:
  • Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei series)
  • Slippy Frog (Star Fox series)
  • Ridley (Medtroid series)
  • Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
  • Squirtle (Pokemon Series) (Returning)
  • Nikki (Swapnote)
  • Ashley Robins (Another Code series)
  • Goku (Yuyuki)
  • Space Invaders
  • Haruka Amami (iDOLM@ASTER series)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Alright, day 22;

- Ridley; Yes. I want Rizzly, not as bad as other Riggly fans, but I want Ridgey to be playable, I do not think Ripply is too big for Smash, and I think the Rippsay from the Brawl Mods really shows that Rickly would be fun!

- Muddy Mole; If I can't get Bomberman, this will be my next-best thing! Also, Retro I guess.

- Squirtle. Mainly because I think Squirtle is cute, but also makes a better chance for Ivysaur <3

That's all for this one folks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Jack Frost - Yay, seems very cool
  • Slippy Toad- NAY X A BILLION
  • Ridley- Nay... As long as sakurai is the director of smash he won't do this.
  • Muddy Mole- Nay, while id like for him to appear hes better as an assit trophy
  • Squirtle- YAY, all original characters should return and squirtle is no exception.
  • Nikki- Nay, maybe an assist trophy
  • Ashley Robins- YAY x a billion, would be more relevent than ayame(detective club), and could be a great detective character
  • Goku- Nay... No idea who that is
  • Space Invaders- Nay, DEFINETLY assist trophy material
  • Haruka Amami- Nay, see above

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yay to McRiddles Ridley over here. I have faith in the creative team.
Yay to Jack Frost as well, if only as a back up for the series if Joker doesn't get in.
Nay to everyone else, especially Slippy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Squirtle (much like with Ivysaur, I don't like seeing unique characters get cut) and Ridley (loooooooooong overdue).

Nay to the rest - I'm not familiar with most of them, Space Invaders would work better as an assist trophy, and I'd find it weird if Slippy was prioritized over Wolf, Krystal, or even Peppy.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Jack Frost because, while I haven't played any of his actual games, he was the only character in Snowboard Kids DS who felt like they belonged in the franchise and, by extension, would fit into Smash.
Yay to Slippy because, while he's not as unique as Krystal, he at least has the goofiness to force a slightly different moveset from the previous three spacies.
And a "sure, why not?" that basically ammounts to a yay for Squirtle, though I'd be just as happy to see Pikachu learn surf and steal his UpB.
Then we have a nay to ridley because sure, he can be scaled down but he just looks so ridiculously fragile when that's done to him.
And a nay to Space Invaders because they have litterally only one move in their source material.
Everyone else is just a default level of "not interested".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Then we have a nay to ridley because sure, he can be scaled down but he just looks so ridiculously fragile when that's done to him.
I feel like that could play into balancing him (make him lighter than other characters of that size, to make up for his range), but I'd rather not turn this into a lengthy debate; I just wanted to bring that up that possibility.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to:
  • Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei series): one of the few 3rd party characters I want. Could have a fun moveset and is the best rep Atlus could have
  • Slippy Frog (Star Fox series): he's a funny character and I have a moveset concept for him where he builds miniature Arwings and Landmasters and deploys them to attack
  • Ridley (Metroid series): him and K. Rool are the only big villains to not be made playable in Smash as far I can recall. And he can be resized and still looks good. (I just want him a lot)
  • Squirtle (Pokemon Series) (Returning): it was my favorite Pokemon from the Pokemon Trainer, not gonna lie, would rather have it over Charizard
  • Goku (Yuyuki): just to see the people that legit want the other Goku (yes they exist) mad

Troykv

Smash Master
I'll give my Yay to Jack Frost, Ridley and Haruka.

The rest don't interest me a lot xDU

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
See signature. Infinite yes to Riddles and the Squirt.

Man I miss that little guy...

I’d love to see the Trainer return. One of the most unique characters in Brawl, and definitely one of my favorites. And Squirtle was the best of the three.

And Ridley...he deserves it. I have played Metroid II for all of ten minutes, and that is my entire exposure to the series, but Ridley is by far my most wanted Smash character.

Pls Sakurai, make me happy:crying:

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Jack Frost - Don't really know him, but based on design I'd say no
Slippy Toad - There are much better Star Fox characters, no
Ridley - We need more villains and another Metroid character, yes
Muddy Mole - Don't care
Squirtle - I don't think there is really room for him anymore, but if he comes back I won't be mad
Nikki - Don't know her
Ashley Robins - Don't know her
Goku - Sure, but I don't care either way
Space Invaders - They wouldn't work as characters
Haruka Amami - Whatever

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 23rd poll is up!

Today's characters are:
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
  • Alm (Fire Emblem series)
  • DeMille (Tomato Adventure)
  • Gooey (Kirby series)
  • Nabbit (Super Mario series)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes series)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series)
  • Style Savvy Stylist
  • Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark series)
  • Lolo and Lala (Adventures of Lolo)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Looks like we've got a lot of good contenders this round!
Yay to King K Rool, Travis Touchdown, and Dixie Kong.
Nay to everyone else.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to K. Rool, Dixie Kong (either one of them would be fantastic), Travis Touchdown (I'd love to see him in Smash), Gooey (while not my most wanted Kirby character by any means, he seems like he'd be fun from Kirby Star Allies and what little I've played of Dream Land 3), and Lolo and Lala. (it would be a nice reference to HAL's pre-Kirby work, and I'd be interested to see what the Smash devs do with them)

Not sure about Joanna Dark - I haven't had the opportunity to play Perfect Dark, so I'm not sure how she's stack up to other Rare characters if they were ever options.

Nay to the rest.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
- King K. Rool. The one reason I even started the speculations in the first place.
- Dixie Kong. Deserves it so much! Same as K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool (very popular), DeMille (to represent the M&L style game play), Style Savvy Stylist ( wtf character that sounds awesome) Yay
Everyone else is a NAY

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I feel like that could play into balancing him (make him lighter than other characters of that size, to make up for his range), but I'd rather not turn this into a lengthy debate; I just wanted to bring that up that possibility.
Well, I'm sorry to continue the tangent then but that doesn't really fix the fact that his neck is so thin that an amiibo wouldn't be kid safe. And, ultimately, every character in Smash is a figurine themselves according to the plot of 64-Brawl.

I do like the idea of him being both lighter than DeDeDe and a faster faller than him but it doesn't really change my issue with him. I would love to see him scaled up into a stage, though, like a side-on Lylat Cruise going through the lava tubes.

As for today, well, nay to everyone.

To Alm for the previously stated obvious reason.
To Gooey for at least appearing to be a generic. IDK if he actually is but I really don't see him having much moveset potential either way.
To Nabbit for definitely being a one trick pony and definitely not being a significant enough part of his games.
To K. Rool and Dixie for being more Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong characters with no sign of the world's best item racer in any Smash yet. At least give us the oil slick balloon or something.
And to the rest for lack of interest, though I'm also sceptical of Travis' ability to fit the feel of the franchise.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Yes to King K, Dixie and Style Savvy (would be a great WTF character)

No to everyone else. While I like Alm as a character, they will probably get the new FE rep from the upcoming Switch game.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 24th poll is up.

Today's character's are:
  • Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon Farmer
  • Agumon (Digimon series)
  • William "BJ" Balzkowicz (Wolfenstein series)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing series)
  • Starman (Pro Wrestling)
  • Pulseman
  • Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  • Wart (Super Mario series)
  • Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
  • Marshal (Rhythm Heaven series)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Agumon and Starman, but that's about it. I'd prefer Geno over Mallow, a lot of characters over Wart, and Doomguy over B.J. Blazkowicz. (plus, the Nazi imagery that would inevitably come with Wolfenstein content would be really out of place next to Nintendo characters - at least demons aren't realistic)

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon Farmer: Soft Yay
I don't care about Harvest Moon, but at this point s/he's earned it.

Agumon: Soft Yay
I don't care about Digimon, but I do want to see him fight Pikachu (plus I'd rather have him than anyone from yo-kai watch).

William "BJ" Balzkowicz: Nay
Nothing to do with Nintendo.

Isabelle: Soft Yay
I actually haven't played New Leaf yet, but I'm all for another Animal Crossing character (though I'd prefer Resetti).

Starman: Soft Nay
I don't care.

Pulseman: Nay
Only had one game and it was on the Genesis.

Arle Nadja: Yay
It's criminal the way they messed with her series in the west. Now that we finally have just a straight-up Puyo Puyo game, i think she should be in Smash.

Wart: Nay
Doesn't even exist.

Mallow: Nay
At least Geno was good.

Marshal: Yay
Rhythm Heaven deserves a rep, and I'd rather him than Tibby or the Chorus Kids.

Troykv

Smash Master
I will give a yea to Agumon (I like the Digimon series, and I'm interested in the concept itself), and to Arle Nadja (she looks cute, and her overall thematic seems fun).

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The 24th poll is up.

Today's character's are:
  • Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon Farmer
  • Agumon (Digimon series)
  • William "BJ" Balzkowicz (Wolfenstein series)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing series)
  • Starman (Pro Wrestling)
  • Pulseman
  • Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  • Wart (Super Mario series)
  • Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
  • Marshal (Rhythm Heaven series)
Yay to Harvest moon farmer and Starman and Arle Nadja and Wart and Mallow (I would love anything from SMRPG) and Marshal

Nay to everyone else

Last edited:
Top Bottom