• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yawn

Famous

Smash Champion
I guess I've been inactive for too long....WELP, that's going to change. I'm making it my obligation to being more active...for awhile.

With that being said, I'm going to answer a question that people might be dying to ask me. "Do you still play?" As far as I know, I never quit to begin with...I play occasionally, money match here and there, etc, etc. My skill hasn't diminished whatsoever...Actually, I think I've gotten a tad better. Maybe with the new experience I've achieved I could shed some light on a few things...maybe. Don't get me wrong, I haven't turned Mario into a god or anything so don't get your hopes up too high...

Famous

Smash Champion
It occasionally scoops people off the ledge...Other than that, no...You can use it rarely in mixups to keep your opponent on their toes. I use to use Dtilt after 2 jabs, then pivot grab my opponent if they DI into me after they get hit by the DTilt...2010 was a great year

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
What are the do's and don'ts on the mk & marth match-ups?
What are your options after throwing a fireball?

(Non smash question) Favorite hip-hop/rap artists?

:pow:

Famous

Smash Champion
Do's
Marth
Punish Dancing Blades 3rd segment if your being pressured by it while shielding(Jab/UpB)
FLUDD Marth's airgame occasionally
Bait Marth's UpB. Some Marth's tend to UpB OoS if they notice your damage is fairly high(Especially if you by the edge) Jabbing them a few times could bait them into UpBing you. That's when you block/spotdodge and punish
MK
Nairing, UpBing OoS is great against nado
Zone with fireballs at a decent distance.
Nairing OoS is a good answer to MK's SH nair
Uairing OoS is a good answer to MK's SH overhead Dairs

Dont's
Marth
Don't attempt to zone with fireballs while marth is approaching with fairs.
Don't UpB right away while recovering low, Bait it out as long as possible
Don't try to grab after blocking a dancing blade. Jab/DSmash instead

MK
Don't attempt to gimp him offstage unless you know for a fact he's out of jumps or he is recovering low after an UpB
Don't attempt to punish MK's DSmash with a grab after blocking it. Nair OoS/jabbing/DSmash are better options
Never stand still

NOTE:perfect Shielding the attacks I mentioned will give you the option of grabbing them obviously

I personally play aggressive against Marth. Bair-Jab-Utilit(wait for a reaction)Pivot Grab since most people airdodge to the ground...If they don't, just switch it to and Uair if the jump or Shield if they like attacking...

Sorry for the short and crude explanation, I'll try to write a better one later.

Favorite artist? It's hard to say. Kid Cudi/Childish Gambino has always been up there(when they actually make songs). Drake/Tyler the Creator/Kendrick Lamar has always been hit or miss with me

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
Best way to deal with a laser campy falco?

EDIT: I remember you saying to stay above him when he's doing that, but how should I play,
and what stages besides FD should I NOT take him to?

steep

Smash Lord
Famous I echo your sentiments. I am trying to get back into the scene. But the MW is so DEAD… grrr Anyway, we still have to play sometime since we only played doubles at Apex 2012… So long ago haha

Top Bottom