• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yamcha Sucks! Brawl, P:M, and Melee. 2/24/13, Pensacola FL Results

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Wow, we had a very good tournament! We had some great attendance, clocking in at 38 Smashers!

I want to personally thank everyone who came out! Without you guys, we wouldn't have had such an awesome tournament!

Aside from a few bumps here and there, I feel we had something pretty awesome. Onto the results!

Brawl
$5 Entry - 22 Entrants

Bracket - http://imgur.com/6eixmTN

1: Loser ($63.00) :metaknight:
2: Saintkai ($31.50) :popo:
3: Rag ($10.50)
4: Chez (AWAL) :sonic:
5: skaterbaj :metaknight: :dedede:
5: Trace :marthmelee:
7: CES
7: Ryker
9: VOnYou
9: Zeph
9: M3T
9: V1CE
13: Swag
13: Scar
13: Rour!
13: Cable
17: SKCH
17: Kam
17: Derrick
17: Feder
17: VT
17: herp

Melee Singles
$5 Entry
15 Entrants

Bracket - http://i.imgur.com/V1u0RiM.png

1: Rice ($45.00)
2: Ragnarok ($22.50)
3: Zone ($7.50)
4: RAM
5: Wafer
5: Mankosuki
7: TheBoss
9: Mikey
9: Ian
9: JB
13: VT
13: Kam
13: Derrick

Project M 2.5b

$5 Entry
23 Entrants

Bracket - http://i.imgur.com/ZZ6cOj2.png

1: Majora88 ($66.00) :bowser2:
2: Ragnarok ($33.00) :fox: :002: :falcomelee:
3: Rice ($11.00) :pit: :falcomelee:
4: Saintkai :lucario:
5: Proto Man VX :sonic:
5: RAM :charizard:
7: Ian :mariomelee:
7: Mankosuki :rob:
9: Hashtag :pit:
9: Chez (AWAL) :sonic:
9: Ryker
9: Amphrites :falcon:
13: TheBoss :marthmelee:
13: skaterbaj :sheik:
13: V1CE
17: Swag
17: Zeph
17: M3T :gw:
17: Rour!

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

Ryker - It was super awesome to see you again, and thanks for the pointers on being a TO. I learned a bunch, and sorry for bracket ****** you in Brawl. D:

Ragnarok - Dude, I had a blast playing you even if you beat me. Your Falco is awesome, but next time, I'll have a pocket character to beat you. :p

Hashtag - For the love of Zeus, don't go Sonic again. I wish we could have gotten in our Pit/Sonic match, but there's always next time.

Amp - Dude, I've had a blast playing you the past few months. The practice sessions with everyone have been so much fun!

RAM - It was beast getting to know you a bit better this weekend. I don't think we played at all this tournament, but next time, we gotta get in some more matches!

B_AWAL - It was awesome to finally get to meet you! Next time, I gotta teach you P:M Sonic!

TheBoss - Same as Amp, we have to get together again after my kid is born and grown a bit!

Sk8terBaj - I'm so glad you got to come, and I'm damn happy with your Brawl performance. You still got it.

Manko - Thanks for letting me have loads of TVs. Thor bless your truck full of setups.

Zone - YOU NEED TO PLAY P:M, DAMMIT.

Annnnd

Saintkai - Good stuff, man. Best of luck in the Air Force, and if we ever meet again, you better bet Imma beat that ass in Smash. :p

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I'll edit this post with shoutouts soon.
For now, with more practice I could've placed better I think, but I will absolutely accept my placing in this tournament because I played WELL this tournament. And I'm fine with 2nd and 4th. Awesome tourney everyone.

Shoutouts:

Protoman - Yoooooo thanks for all the smashfests and throwing me this tourney man! I sincerely appreciate it, and I had a lot of fun eliminating my town from winners in Brawl and P:M! You've learned your lesson so you'll seed a little better next time. :D

Trace, Loser, Feder and Table - Pcola swag, you guys are all my personal friends. Glad we showed them we're a force to be reckoned with.

Zeph - Good luck learning the match up man! Good games, you learn fast so next time I expect you to whoop some other ICs' ass.

Ryker - Bro you were salty as **** when you knew your first round was free we got seeded first round rofl. Thanks for being a badass the whole time I've known you.

Rag - DOUBLES PARTNERRRRRRR you beat me handily in P:M but I showed you the goods in Brawl. Your MK is rusty as **** you better start playing again! Good luck with your life bro.

AWAL - Nice to finally meet you bro! You're cool as ****, learn P:M Sonic and you'll have much more fun I think. Good luck DJ'ing and stuff!

Skatervaj - wtf stop getting mad and just win. You know you're better than 5th. d;

Shoutouts to the P:M crew I play with, RAM, Zone, Manko, Sean, Derrick and Proto are all badasses! Thanks for being cool as ****.

Shoutouts to the people I played in P:M, you were all great people to play against and I had so much fun.

Shoutouts to Homefield for venue.

Shoutouts to SoPo taking stocks.

Shoutouts to Loser especially for an extremely intense grand finals.

It was fun i love you all gg no re etc etc etc

oh and i'm quitting brawl not because i lost but because P:M is so much more fun

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Pensacola top 5 in all events Good stuff! Shoutouts to all the OOC/OOS players. Need that diversity.
Shoutoutz to Proto for running the event and bringing the scene here above ground again.We got Talent
Shoutoutz to Saint for almost calling my prediction in brawl. You were right about Looser getting better
Shoutoutz to my tech Skill
Shoutoutz to Rice winning melee. Easily one of the top in Florida
Shoutoutz to Majora for winning PM w/Bowser
Shoutoutz To Manko and Zone for having Smashfest on the weekends

Next Time Its Pcola Vs THE WORLD

Zone

Smash Champion
I was going to enter project M, but I didn't bring any cashnon accident. Rice covered for me knowing I would place i melee to pay him back.

And besides I don't know enough intel about the game. So missing out didn't really bother me.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Updated Characters & Results

3: Rag ($10.50) :metaknight: :peach: :snake:
5: skaterbaj :metaknight: :dedede: :snake:
7: CES :jigglypuff:
9: DownOnYou :fox:
9: Zeph :falco: :fox: :zerosuitsamus:
9: V1CE :marth: :donkeykong: :metaknight:
13: Scar :wolf:
13: Rour! :metaknight:
17: SKCH :marth:
17: Kam :marth:
17: herp Didnt even exist!!!

17: Rour! :wario:

Amazing tourney!!! I cant wait to come to the next 1!!! We need to link up with Jacksonville, Gville and any low GA locations to start a circut!!!

I no longer feel bad 4 getting desstroyed by a Bowser... he won the PM tourney lol

:sonic:

Shoutouts when I get home!!! I'm on lunch break and about to get off :(

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Updated Characters & Results

3: Rag ($10.50) :metaknight: :peach: :snake:
5: skaterbaj :metaknight: :dedede: :snake:
7: CES :jigglypuff:
9: DownOnYou :fox:
9: Zeph :falco: :fox: :zerosuitsamus:
9: V1CE :marth: :donkeykong: :metaknight:
13: Scar :wolf:
13: Rour! :metaknight:
17: SKCH :marth:
17: Kam :marth:
17: herp Didnt even exist!!!

17: Rour! :wario:

Amazing tourney!!! I cant wait to come to the next 1!!! We need to link up with Jacksonville, Gville and any low GA locations to start a circut!!!

I no longer feel bad 4 getting desstroyed by a Bowser... he won the PM tourney lol

Shoutouts when I get home!!! I'm on lunch break and about to get off :(

Come on AWAL, step it up. You've been going to tourneys for years. 1st next time!

I knooooooooooooo I needs more STEAK!!! :sonic:

Reckoner

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Ian here.

I had a great time at my first tournament and enjoyed all the friendlies I had; it was refreshing getting whooped by people better than me =). I remember most of your names/faces so I hope to see you at the next one!

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Had a good time guys! My results in everything were absolutely abysmal, but had plenty of friendlies and felt like I developed my metagame a lot.

Special Shoutouts to Majora, Saint, Hashtag & Ryker for letting me run the sticks in friendlies making me feel better about myself and such.

Extra special shoutouts to Saint we'll all miss you bro.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Was so freaking fun guys, had a blast and the turnout was pretty insane.

Protoman, you did a freaking amazing job putting this together and I have had a fantastic time playing with you, saint, and skater these last few weeks! I just wish I could have played everyone at the tournament lol, but the friendlies were obscenely fun, can't wait to have the opportunity to play everyone again.

Shoutouts to Saint, was nice to meet and play you again man, good luck in the Air Force.

Skater you were all over the place for Brawl and really seemed to help Proto out alot with running the tourny and keeping things smooth. Always fun playing you man, you are hella smart.

Rice you are too good, pass your otherworldly powers down the rungs sometime lol.

Zone, sorry to hear you couldn't enter PM, next time maybe. Your Zelda and Falcon will still body 95% of the competition (and that is overlooking your spacies) so i wouldn't worry too much about unfamiliarity.

Majora, dude you are so damn good I look forward to playing you and hashtag alot more in the near future.

Mankosuki, thanks for re-introducing me to smash and having me over all the time. This is extended to Rice and Zone as well, thanks alot guys I've gotten so much better because of you all. Also next time I'm going to figure your ness back out.

Metroid, i don't know if we were able to play, but i really do need to thank you for introducing me to Manko.

Shoutouts to long-ass over sentimental shoutouts that take up wayyy too much space.
I'm hoping we can really revive the smash scene and keep this kind of goodness going. Hit me up any time if you want to play.
-Amphrites

Zone

Smash Champion
It's not about placing, though thanks for being confident in my skills. Its the losing to stuff that I don't understand it's a pet peeve.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Loser - Shoutouts to Pcola players wrecking me!!! Intense LSF match!!! ur a smart player and you learn!!! I look forward to coming in and playing you again!!! BTW I NEVER AIM 4 TimeOuts. Our match was legit filled with hella defense!!!

Saintkai - I'm glad I got to see yo b4 U left! I pray that your safe in the air force!!! I'll use what you taught me in PM and play ot the best of Sonic's ability!!! I look forward to meeting you again in all of our future endevours bro!!!

Rag- My NI@@A!!! I was glad to see u again!!! Get @ me when u wanna slide to Tally!!!

Chez (AWAL) :sonic: U suck!!! WHO THE **** LOSES 2 2 MK PLAYERS IN 1 TOURNEY!?!?!?! STEP IT UP!!!

skaterbaj - Missed you bro!!! I'm glad your back!!!& the fact taht you lost our sets after taking me to 3 rounds is enough to be proud of bro!!! Never be down because of a loss especially when yo play your heart out. Hell u seem to have a Nairo problem where you down yourself midmatch. Jus chill and enjoy yourself and you'l be better in teh future!

Trace - I feel like I want to play you the most bro! Ur Marth was.... AMAZING on YI against Loser in RD of your LQF Match!!! I was like WTF!?!?!?!

CES & Ryker - I needed to play both of you as well!!! I'm certain I'll get the chance 2 in the future :)

VOnYou & Zeph - You ride with me from Tally 2 Freecola and get scrubbed out!?!?! U ****** SUCK!!! lol

V1CE - Dude your a GREAT PLAYER and a great person!!! I'm gald I had an intense match with you!!! I was upset at myself bcuz I ALWAYS KILL MYSELF in an intense match :'( I look forward to playing you more the next time I come up!!!

Scar & Rour! - Stop being bad!!! Effing white ppl from TALLY!!!

SKCH & Kam - Keep your heads up!!! The sky is the limit for you two!!! Practice, learn your characters and come back to destroy ppl!!!

Rice - Master Rice!!! Great seeign you again bro!!! I look forward to seeing you visit Tally so I can beat u in Marvel!!! #Lies

Zone - Stop pretending your bad and win Melee already sheesh!!! Always sandbagging 2 make ppl feel better!!! Great seeing u bro!!!

RAM - My @@A!!! I hope all is well with you and your girl

Mankosuki - I was happy af 2 see u bro!!! I'm glad your still around!!!

Majora88 :bowser2: Little did I know how great u were!!! lol I swear I thought that nair was a lie!! I keppt trying to find ways around it!!! I'll learn more about PM and come back 4 a ReMatch!!!)

ProtomanVX - Great tourney bro!!! Thanks for having me and congrats on becoming a DAD WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'll pray 4 ya!!!

Every1 Else - Play more stay bless and LIVE LONG!!!

Yamin4

Smash Rookie
Was there by chance any footage filmed of this event? I'm making a Documentary on the Pensacola FL smash scene and this was the first tournament Loser ever won.

Top Bottom