• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xonar is Bored aka Xonar's feedback and ranking thread

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
b-but my reads are right too ;_;

the only thing i need to work on is being more convincing, and that means i have to put effort which what laundry says if i care enough
Actually, yes, your reads usually are good. It's the fact that you change them enough, or do stupid things to get yourself lynched because you're so sure.

And then you get it wrong.

I could use some advice on how to play D1. I don't know exactly what questions to ask to refer back to after a flip or how to push someone out of their comfort zone to get convincing answers.
There's no right way of playing D1 other than to be active and merely question what strikes you as odd or bad. There's no set of questions you always have to ask.

And when you have a flip, you turn around and look at the paper trail as it starts to form. If there isn't one, look back to find players you think are scummy.

He was able to push a lynch on Bardull in two separate mafia games. He's good.
I'll reiterate Swiss' point:

It's not his lynching ability that makes me consider him good. He still falls for dumb things as town and his logic can improve (I still see him pushing people for the weakest of reasons). But he's much better than the guy I saw about 8 months ago.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes I do like Swiss.

People sheeping him, don't like it. His amazing reads and sarcasm, love it.

~

Oh and Gorf did get better imo as well.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
There's a really stark contrast between the current Swiss and the Swiss from when I first got here. (Doing stuff like getting me modkilled in Castlemafia and reacting really poorly to X1's gambit in YT memes)

Then again, italics make you look more badass

Swiss

Smash Lord
There's a really stark contrast between the current Swiss and the Swiss from when I first got here. (Doing stud like getting me modkilled in Castlemafia and reacting really poorly to X1's gambit in YT memes)

Then again, italics make you look more badass
I've changed as a player, I used to pretend to be silly, deliberately typo and not be quite as good.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like to try and expand my own angles even if my reads aren't that great. I sheep when I agree with others but not so much where I like to just throw away my own scum hunting when I do.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup two questions:

1. Why do you play mafia? What incentive do you have to play this game and improve at it?
2. Why do you care about what others think about you so much? Sometimes I worry about you. I worry that, much like Nich, you play this game in an attempt to seek approval from others rather than simply doing it for your own enjoyment.
because it's fun and i like the people here idk i just get better by experience
i don't but it's nice to know if people are noticing improvement if i am too

Super Vegito

Smash Rookie
because it's fun and i like the people here idk i just get better by experience
i don't but it's nice to know if people are noticing improvement if i am too
I have noticed you improve, and I am sure others have too. You know that. : D

This is the same reason why I play. For fun, and to play with the people. Of course, I like to be right and I aim to win.

I don't know if you do soup, but I honestly like getting compliments. But of course, I try to earn them. You know? I don't ask for compliments. My actions do. : D Yours will too. Keep playing. You are a fun dude to play with. As of late, we haven't ran into the 'ran vs soup' that turns into drivel lol. I'm glad that hasn't happened.

Soup, a question. Who have you looked as models of your own play?

======

@Zen: Yeah I guess I have improved. I do know it was from experience. I learn through trial and error. And ****. I learned from here and mafia scum. Game after game after game... I get attention to myself. Even when I don't want it. :glare:

I would usually be called on the usual "You ask too many questions" "You are sidelining" "You ask questions yet you don't give opinions yourself" "You don't follow up on your questions" etc etc. I learned it the hard way. :urg: I also learned that meta really ****s me up. :(

I'm also just experimenting with my play as well. I also just wing it. Sometimes I go with logic. Sometimes I go with gut... But I'm also impulsive. This is a bad thing.

Even so. I'm going to keep improving. I'm gonna keep asking for advice. Soup, I suggest you do the same. Strive to be much better than the soup today.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think just in general the advice I'd give to people is to always think in relatives. Absolutes don't exist. Probably the biggest lesson I've learned before you guys made it impossible for me to enjoy this game anymore.

:059:

Maven89

Smash Master
Tier 1 is Pokechu, because while he might not always catch scum, he always catches our hearts

Bottom tier is still Badwolf because he’s a brony

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think just in general the advice I'd give to people is to always think in relatives. Absolutes don't exist. Probably the biggest lesson I've learned before you guys made it impossible for me to enjoy this game anymore.

:059:
Why was Gheb so mean after I went on hiatus?!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Still waiting to be ranked. This is 2019.

Top Bottom