• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mecha-Fiora for Smash Ultimate - Double Chrom gives us Hope Edition

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp

Despite being a model used for a momentary sequence she looks great.

*nervous laughter transitions into sadness*

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Welp

Despite being a model used for a momentary sequence she looks great.

*nervous laughter transitions into sadness*
Sad, if she can't be playable an assist would've been nicer but whatever I guess, the model looks nice at least so that's cool to see. Honestly they should've thrown Reyn and Sharla in shulks final smash too, might as well put all of them in lol

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Honestly they should've thrown Reyn and Sharla in shulks final smash too, might as well put all of them in lol
*cough* and Melia *cough*

I think that might have made things a bit crowded. (but then again we have Mega Mans final smash...)

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
*cough* and Melia *cough*

I think that might have made things a bit crowded. (but then again we have Mega Mans final smash...)
I can't believe I forgot the second best character, (after fiora of course) shame on me. Adding protoman and bass to mega man's final smash seems weird to me, isn't the final smash literally called mega legends? and isn't bass a villain?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I can't believe I forgot the second best character, (after fiora of course) shame on me. Adding protoman and bass to mega man's final smash seems weird to me, isn't the final smash literally called mega legends? and isn't bass a villain?
I guess it's just in the name of fan service. Earthbound characters were added to the final smashes of Ness and Lucas too, which came across as really fan-servicey.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp. She’s been Chrom’d as of yesterday’s reveals. ;-;

Oh well, at least she’s sort of in, I had a feeling this might happen. It’s been fun supporting her though!

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Honestly, it's not even that good of a cameo, they didn;t change any of the existing camera work or choreaography, she's literally added in afterwards so none of the beginning or ending camera work focusses on her and in the middle she's jumping around a bit wildly compared to the others.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, it's not even that good of a cameo, they didn;t change any of the existing camera work or choreaography, she's literally added in afterwards so none of the beginning or ending camera work focusses on her and in the middle she's jumping around a bit wildly compared to the others.
I was half expecting just Dunban and Riki at the start with Shulk, and after Shulk attacks, he calls out to Fiora on the other end of the battlefield who then performs Final Cross.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
On a lighter note, Shulk and Fiora were announced as blades for Xenoblade 2 today!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So yeah... I’m not too thrilled about the news but I’m not really gonna just give up as a result. It’s a bump in the road but you know what, they do listen, and in the end I feel that’s what matters. She still has some things going for her so even if she’s confirmed in this role so we should just continue to support and push for her, cause in the end I feel like that’s what matters. And to be honest I don’t really consider this a setback because this does show that a Sakurai is aware of her importance. We’ll just keep on pressing on and on until she finally makes it in.

Last edited:

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
if only we could boost her popularity, she makes sense but i think is popularity whats holding her back

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
if only we could boost her popularity, she makes sense but i think is popularity whats holding her back
I know what we should do to at least help, let’s campaign, make social media pages, spread awareness with things such as propaganda, we can do this, we just need to put forth our best effort. A lot of campaigns for characters have worked in the past as well, we just all need to work together to make it work.

Last edited:

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
and we need more people overall i believe theres a chance now she went from being a trophy to doing something in the game, slightly climbing up the ranks

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh, I do think that this helps her in the long run, because it shows Sakurai is aware of her popularity and importance, and she fits all of the criteria for a Smash character, but we just need to speak up about her more than we do, remember they do listen and are willing to adjust the game based on feedback, so keep on pressing on everyone!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hm...

The only thing I could have seen causing some sort of competition for Fiora is Elma, even then though I’m not sure since the project plan seemed to have been decided during DLC when X had just come out and seems to be based off Ballot results, I’m really not sure. And it seems odd she was added into Shulk’s Final Smash for no apparent reason. Either way we should keep pressing on, there’s nothing that stops us from supporting here, so let’s do what we do best!
4E64EAD0-A8A5-4BDA-86E7-645D534E55EF.gif

Last edited:

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
I think we could attempt a raid, but we would need a lot more support, just tag on twitter sakurai, monolith and nintendo asking for fiora

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wouldn't suggest this, I feel there are other more productive more insightful ways to let them know that we want her, and I think that they are aware in some sort of sense. An idea I had was a Twitter account and a hashtag to help spread awareness. It's something that has helped out in the past with other characters so I think it wouldn't be too bad just to give it a try. I would love for our dreams to finally come true, but if we're gonna do it we should do it in a way that makes everyone happy.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I have a theory that Fiora was actually planned to be a newcomer, but she was scrapped due to time constraints. But since they didn't want to waste the model they'd made, they shoehorned her into Shulk's Final Smash. If that's true, we could potentially see her as DLC or at least in the next game.

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
i think that might be true, fiora deserves to be honestly, because she keeps appearing in more and more games

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have a theory that Fiora was actually planned to be a newcomer, but she was scrapped due to time constraints. But since they didn't want to waste the model they'd made, they shoehorned her into Shulk's Final Smash. If that's true, we could potentially see her as DLC or at least in the next game.
Normally I don’t feed into these theories because they may or may not sound far fetched... but somehow this actually makes perfect sense all things considered because they model has more polygons than Dunban and Riki’s models and there’s very little reason for her to be in the Final Smash otherwise. I know there’s more polys because I studied the screenshots and gameplay footage for a while out of curiosity, and sure enough there’s more detail and higher quality. Otherwise, unlike Chrom or the Mother characters, who lack uniqueness, and Proto Man and Bass, who have licensing issues, Fiora is perfectly unique and relevant, so I have a feeling it was time-constraints.
i think that might be true, fiora deserves to be honestly, because she keeps appearing in more and more games
Interesting trivia, if one doesn’t count KOS-MOS (And they shouldn’t because she’s not from Xenoblade but Xenosaga) Shulk and Fiora are the only characters in the series history to appear in games outside of theirs in a playable role. This is important to note because Monolith has seemingly pushed them as the “fan-favorites” of the first game. (Nopon are also heavily pushed by Monolith as well)

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I just stumbled across this. How did I not notice it before?

https://imgur.com/a/P1RYZ5M

SHE USES DRONES!

If she was made specifically for the Final Smash, there's a very good chance that those wouldn't have left her back. None of the other FS characters had this level of detail added, and this is basically multiple models for a single character. The chance that she was originally planned but time constraints got in the way is pretty darn high now.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just stumbled across this. How did I not notice it before?

https://imgur.com/a/P1RYZ5M

SHE USES DRONES!

If she was made specifically for the Final Smash, there's a very good chance that those wouldn't have left her back. None of the other FS characters had this level of detail added, and this is basically multiple models for a single character. The chance that she was originally planned but time constraints got in the way is pretty darn high now.
Holy **** that was a good find.

Another possibility that was discussed today was that, if Elma was in the game, then her and Fiora could be Echoes of each other, and instead of using the guns Elma uses, she could use Drones. But yeah, pretty much everyone agreed that the model was much too detailed for it not to have been at least meant to be used elsewhere.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** that was a good find.

Another possibility that was discussed today was that, if Elma was in the game, then her and Fiora could be Echoes of each other, and instead of using the guns Elma uses, she could use Drones. But yeah, pretty much everyone agreed that the model was much too detailed for it not to have been at least meant to be used elsewhere.
Mind linking me to this discussion? I've got some guys to convince over on another forum.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Dammit. They're still just as stubborn as ever, even after reading the points. Saying stuff like "you're grasping at straws" and "stop being delusional".

A guy can dream, dammit!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dammit. They're still just as stubborn as ever, even after reading the points. Saying stuff like "you're grasping at straws" and "stop being delusional".

A guy can dream, dammit!
It's actually annoying because there are things that point towards them at least having some sort of use for her outside of the Final Smash. A realistic human model for such a short sequence doesn't make sense to go through all the effort for unless it was meant to serve some sort of other purpose, and it seems to line up rather well that it had or has some sort of other usage (Especially when you compare it with Dunban's model and then you look at Shulk's you notice that her model is on par with Shulk's in terms of detail). But keep pressing on, don't let them get to you, we'll push through this together!

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
By the way, looking at it closer, they appear to have all four Drone parts instead of just two. That means that they got each of the back drones to split into two, which, while canon, is really odd considering how hard it is to see her during the FS.

https://imgur.com/a/2fLB14s

I really do think she was planned. And they probably got quite a ways through the planning process too. She's probably one of the prime possibilities for early DLC.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By the way, looking at it closer, they appear to have all four Drone parts instead of just two. That means that they got each of the back drones to split into two, which, while canon, is really odd considering how hard it is to see her during the FS.

https://imgur.com/a/2fLB14s

I really do think she was planned. And they probably got quite a ways through the planning process too. She's probably one of the prime possibilities for early DLC.
That's a really interesting observation actually, and it would have also meant they would have had to have modeled four separate drones for her attacks. Not even the most detailed NPC in Smash 4 (Chrom) had that much attention to detail, so something is definitely up. If she's not in the base game I could definitely see her getting the Black Manta treatment, because they have the assets for her model and whatnot and the drones, all they have to do is fully develop her and since they have some of the assets ready it actually would take significantly less time to develop a character. This is all really interesting to note because there does seem to be more credibility to this whole thing the more and more that's looked into it.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But, I'm planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for my Switch when I get one. Yeah, surprise! I don't have the Switch. I support!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I found an article that you guys might find interesting:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff

They covered a lot of things in the article, a few things that really struck me was that DLC is in the cards, as well as this little bit:

A lot of people complain that a lot of characters that are still out there, they will complain about those, it doesn't mean that they will make it. I think Mr. Sakurai hears it, but then I think he just muffles it out and puts in the characters that he wants to put in. I mean he clearly listens to the community. I mean, you heard him speak at the tournament. I think he knew that the scene would be psyched that Ridley got in, but I don't think that it was the matter of, "oh, the way this reached its breaking point, it's time to put in Ridley before this collapses on top of itself."

Basically this is saying that they do listen, but in the end it's up to Sakurai. Quite frankly, with the amount of attention Sakurai has given Fiora (Three Trophies in Wii U, a Smash Tour Item, and now a Final Smash cameo) I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does have interest in adding Fiora, but likely needs proper timing and more planning ahead. Regardless, with all this taken into account, I could see her as DLC.

Edit: Also something to note is that the four characters who were exclusively Items in Smash Tour (Fiora, Dixie, Tetra, or Daisy), we’re either known to be considered to some degree (Dixie and Tetra) or were eventually added (Daisy).

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I found an article that you guys might find interesting:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff

They covered a lot of things in the article, a few things that really struck me was that DLC is in the cards, as well as this little bit:

A lot of people complain that a lot of characters that are still out there, they will complain about those, it doesn't mean that they will make it. I think Mr. Sakurai hears it, but then I think he just muffles it out and puts in the characters that he wants to put in. I mean he clearly listens to the community. I mean, you heard him speak at the tournament. I think he knew that the scene would be psyched that Ridley got in, but I don't think that it was the matter of, "oh, the way this reached its breaking point, it's time to put in Ridley before this collapses on top of itself."

Basically this is saying that they do listen, but in the end it's up to Sakurai. Quite frankly, with the amount of attention Sakurai has given Fiora (Three Trophies in Wii U, a Smash Tour Item, and now a Final Smash cameo) I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does have interest in adding Fiora, but likely needs proper timing and more planning ahead. Regardless, with all this taken into account, I could see her as DLC.

Edit: Also something to note is that the four characters who were exclusively Items in Smash Tour (Fiora, Dixie, Tetra, or Daisy), we’re either known to be considered to some degree (Dixie and Tetra) or were eventually added (Daisy).
Ooh. This is quite interesting indeed. As long as he knows that there are people out there who want characters, he will listen and consider adding them. Since it's pretty likely he considered Fiora for this game, we need to do something to let him know just how much we want her, but without coming off as obnoxious and demanding. This could increase Fiora's chances for DLC considerably. If anybody has a good idea for this, I'm all ears, and will do my utmost best to help.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ooh. This is quite interesting indeed. As long as he knows that there are people out there who want characters, he will listen and consider adding them. Since it's pretty likely he considered Fiora for this game, we need to do something to let him know just how much we want her, but without coming off as obnoxious and demanding. This could increase Fiora's chances for DLC considerably. If anybody has a good idea for this, I'm all ears, and will do my utmost best to help.
My suggestion was a Twitter page dedicated to Fiora in Smash, and potentially a hashtag to go with it. The page could also share trivia on Fiora as well as her importance to the Xeno series. What would you guys say about this? We could also make a Discord server and invite other members as well.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Had a shower thought lately, once again about the possibility of Fiora being a fighter but ultimately ending up as a FS despite having a super HQ model:

You think the ballot influenced such a HQ model even being made in the first place, with drones and everything? Also, I don’t think we’ve heard Shulk’s new FS with the voices yet, but what if the one thing holding them back from putting her in as playable was an inability to get her VO, Carina Reeves, onboard since she was recording her XB2 lines at the time?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Had a shower thought lately, once again about the possibility of Fiora being a fighter but ultimately ending up as a FS despite having a super HQ model:

You think the ballot influenced such a HQ model even being made in the first place, with drones and everything? Also, I don’t think we’ve heard Shulk’s new FS with the voices yet, but what if the one thing holding them back from putting her in as playable was an inability to get her VO, Carina Reeves, onboard since she was recording her XB2 lines at the time?
I highly doubt thats the reason for not including her as playable. If it was the japanese VA maybe (and even than i think its unlikely). But not includig her as playable just because her english VA was busy? They could have used her voice clips from Xenoblade 1 (or even 2 from the dlc) like they did with Dunban and Riki.

I can't believe that i actually have some hopes now for Fiora as dlc. When she was shown to be a part of Shulks Final Smash i was actually kind of happy because i thought that would be the best she could get but now...i will cry happy tears of joy if she somehow ends up playable.

Top Bottom