• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mecha-Fiora for Smash Ultimate - Double Chrom gives us Hope Edition

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You see, the thing is... PXZ2 isn't a fighting game. It's actually a Turn Based Strategy game in a similar vein to Fire Emblem or Disgaea. Sorry to crush your dreams like that.

It's still a fun game though.
It’s worth noting that Chrom and Lucina were also in that game, and those two are playable in Smash now.

If Fiora and KOS-MOS were playable too we’d have a Project X Zone 2 Smash reunion of sorts...but I have a feeling KOS-MOS will be an Assist Trophy

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
You see, the thing is... PXZ2 isn't a fighting game. It's actually a Turn Based Strategy game in a similar vein to Fire Emblem or Disgaea. Sorry to crush your dreams like that.

It's still a fun game though.
My life is a lie.

However, now I want to pick it up way more because I love games like those. Thank you for letting me know.

(I just realized how big my signature is. I guess that's what I get for doing it on my phone.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So um

I’m hearing from someone in the general thread that when Fox is on the field, his Arwing disappears from Falco’s Final Smash and vice versa. Has this been confirmed and could it mean good things for Fiora (and Kumatora, Paula, Bass, Protoman etc)?

If that’s bupkis, then can Assist Trophies be caught in cinematic Final Smashes? Cause if KOS-MOS is an AT, then catching Chrom, Lucina, and the KOS-MOS AT in Shulk’s FS may be the only way to have an (albeit slightly awkward) PXZ2 reunion :sadsheep:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So it turns out Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash...

We still have a chance for DLC so that's encouraging to know. :)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So it turns out Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash...

We still have a chance for DLC so that's encouraging to know. :)
Really? That's unusual; Chrom must have been added at the very last minute, because you'd think that they would have changed Robin's final smash so it involved another character at the very least.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean I’d have imagined M!Morgan for F!Robin and vice versa but that would take a lot of work. Plus Tharja’s too racy for Smash if the 4 Trophy being removed was an indication, and Robin summoning Grima would be very out of character and Sakurai likes to be faithful to canon (there ARE Grima Robins in Heroes but that’s non canon)

Anyway, there’s some things I’ll probably share in the Elma thread if they’re not already there that hint at Elma being DLC. maybe Fiora could be a semi clone of her??

Last edited:

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
Apparently Rex wasn't added in due to it releasing late and Smash Ultimate was already working on the current new characters. I would assume that Rex won't get in through DLC due to the compensation Mii costume. If we consider that, then it's HIGHLY likely we will still get a Xeno rep. Which I would imagine would either be Fiora, which was added into the final smash due to them already making her a DLC character. Elma, or a pair from Torna.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mythra Mythra if you’re still around, maybe add something like “Thank you, Chrom” to the title?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's so brief because the player missed it, but now I have a reason to hope. Thank you!
No worries, I myself am very happy about this news, it especially gives me hope because of her very high quality model in the same vein of Chrom.

If Elma is DLC maybe she could be released as a free Echo to go alongside her?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine if both Fiora AND KOS-MOS are confirmed tho

We’d have THE PXZ2 Smash reunion of Ryu & Ken, Chrom & Lucina, AND KOS-MOS & Fiora!!

I need this in my life so badly, and KOS-MOS isn’t an AT or Spirit either soooooo

Plus Bamco deserves two more reps (with Square we’re lucky to get just one more). Lloyd and KOS-MOS would be perfect

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Imagine if both Fiora AND KOS-MOS are confirmed tho

We’d have THE PXZ2 Smash reunion of Ryu & Ken, Chrom & Lucina, AND KOS-MOS & Fiora!!

I need this in my life so badly, and KOS-MOS isn’t an AT or Spirit either soooooo

Plus Bamco deserves two more reps (with Square we’re lucky to get just one more). Lloyd and KOS-MOS would be perfect
I agree, KOS-MOS being in would really complete this whole thing for me, it’d be great having a 2v2 battle on a team with Chrom and Lucina and a team of KOS-MOS and Fiora.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra if you’re still around, maybe add something like “Thank you, Chrom” to the title?
Oh ****, now Im filled with realization.

It's strange that Chrom still is on the FS, and as said here it could be to time constraints giving no time to a model of another character, yet Fiora has a full model for a shorter cinematic.

As Chrom himself would say: Anything can change!

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
My hopeful prediction is that Sakurai was already making Fiora and it got withheld to DLC, or along those lines and just added her to Shulk's final smash. I'm clinging real hard onto it.

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the support list, Fiora is one of my most requested along with Sora, although I think it's pretty unlikely at this point because Elma exists.

One of my favorite gaming moments was having her in my party and listening to Mechanical Rhythm for the first time.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
This is the best event to ever happen in the world of Fiora support. Even though we already had the evidence that Fiora was initially planned and was likely DLC, this just drives home the fact that she is very definitely not out of the running yet. In fact, it boosts her chances considerably, since the quality of her model is just outstanding, meaning that she was probably quite far in development when they added her to Shulk's Final Smash. This could be another Piranha Plant situation where they started work on the character later on in development and they're not quite ready come launch day.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but what if

When Smash Ultimate hits, the dataminers find all the models and find out that Fiora’s Shulk FS model has different palettes and/or alts? Like Chrom’s FS model does depending on his playable variant’s current palette if on the field? Would all but confirm Fiora DLC is on the way

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fiora is on the Spirits menu
Spirits are basically the new trophies so this doesn't confirm/deconfirm anything I guess.

Well, it confirms Sakurai doesn't give a **** about spoilers lmao.

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
A question I have is that if spirits are like trophies and don't disconfirm them from DLC, what about if they have event matches for them? Would the same logic apply in this case?

There isn't anything so far to prove this until the game launches and we find out whether or not there will be an event match with a Pirahna Plant spirit taking over Ivysaur. If this is the case, I have some hope for Fiora to be a possibility.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
Spirits do not deconfirm. To our acknowledgement, there is a King K Rule Spirit in the game. (Technically Kaptain K Rule, but it's still the same character. I also should have a picture of it somewhere, but I'm heading off for the night so I'll respond to any responses later.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Spirits do not deconfirm. To our acknowledgement, there is a King K Rule Spirit in the game. (Technically Kaptain K Rule, but it's still the same character. I also should have a picture of it somewhere, but I'm heading off for the night so I'll respond to any responses later.)
Daisy has one too, of her official Nintendo artwork.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
Apparently a bunch of Ultimate copies got into the hands of people, and now there's dataminers already going at it. That being said, let's hope they check Shulk's FS and look into Fiora. Like how they did with Robin and Chrom in Sm4sh.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Apparently a bunch of Ultimate copies got into the hands of people, and now there's dataminers already going at it. That being said, let's hope they check Shulk's FS and look into Fiora. Like how they did with Robin and Chrom in Sm4sh.
I wonder if Fiora's FS model will have alternate palettes/costumes like how Chrom's FS model does depending on the palette(s) of any playable Chroms on the field..

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So apparently not only is Chrom playable AND still in Robin’s FS, he’s still in Robin’s victory animations too...

1543339989084.gif

Idc if Chrom is supposedly a last minute addition, it means nothing in the long run. If we are to get like a wave 2 I almost fully expect Fiora to be in it now

Cause at this rate, the only true deconfirmations are Assist Trophies, Pokeballs and Bosses. And maybe certain stage cameos/Mii costumes but that’s debatable

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So apparently not only is Chrom playable AND still in Robin’s FS, he’s still in Robin’s victory animations too...

View attachment 180268
Idc if Chrom is supposedly a last minute addition, it means nothing in the long run. If we are to get like a wave 2 I almost fully expect Fiora to be in it now

Cause at this rate, the only true deconfirmations are Assist Trophies, Pokeballs and Bosses. And maybe certain stage cameos/Mii costumes but that’s debatable
If Chrom can get in as a last minute addition AND be in Robin's Final Smash, I see no reason why Fiora shouldn't get in either, especially since Smash-wise they were and still are both in similar situations.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
It's been confirmed by Reggie that all DLC characters will be from unrepped franchises. So unfortunately, Fiora is out of the picture. Maybe next time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I didn’t see it that way? He only said characters new to the series (of Smash Bros). Since everyone is here, there’s no need for Veteran DLC.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I didn’t see it that way? He only said characters new to the series (of Smash Bros). Since everyone is here, there’s no need for Veteran DLC.
Yeah people took Reggie’s words out-of-context, he just said the picks would be unexpected.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now the real question is if any data miners found anything out about Fiora’s model yet...

But knowing Nintendo they probably don’t want a repeat of 4 and thus scrubbed any hints to the next DLC Characters clean...

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
So, after a few tests with Shulk's final smash, I wasn't able to hear Fiora at all, even with half speed. I don't think anyone voiced her, even though Carina Reeves has a credit for it in IMDB. Take that as you will.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, after a few tests with Shulk's final smash, I wasn't able to hear Fiora at all, even with half speed. I don't think anyone voiced her, even though Carina Reeves has a credit for it in IMDB. Take that as you will.
Unusual, she’s credited too in the actual credits so this is odd.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
Unusual, she’s credited too in the actual credits so this is odd.
Can't find it in the actual credits tbh. I might be over looking it or just not in the video I'm watching. I currently can't play since I'm at work so if you could send it I'd love you <3

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can't find it in the actual credits tbh. I might be over looking it or just not in the video I'm watching. I currently can't play since I'm at work so if you could send it I'd love you <3
I’ll look again but I swear I saw her.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Does Shulk call Fiora’s name before the FS?

Even so, that is still suspicious...may actually be a point in her favor

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Found Mecha-Fiora's spirit in World of Dark, I use hers and Elma's (trained for Special attack bonuses) the most. I often equip MFiora to Lucina since I headcanon them as best friends ever since Project X Zone 2. <3

Even if Fiora doesn't make the first wave, I am pretty confident we won't stop at one season of DLC. Think she'll be S2 at the earliest material?

PS. Happy New Year, Fiora Fam(TM)!

Top Bottom