• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct Coming on June 22nd, 2022!

Xenodirect.jpg

Nintendo’s official Twitter just dropped the date for the next Direct, June 22nd, 2022! This time the Direct is focused entirely on one game, Xenoblade Chronicles 3! It's slated to run for approximately 20 minutes and will air at 7:00 AM PT / 10:00 AM ET.

Author’s Note: A Direct focused on one game definitely was not what was I expecting, but is interesting nonetheless. It makes me wonder if Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was going to be the "big" game to pay attention to at Nintendo's hypothetical E3 presentation if E3 was still around this year. My assumption is that yeah, it probably would have been the big one. What do you think though? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Currently debating on whether or not I'll tune in as I've been sold on the game since its initial reveal and want to go in fresh for as much as possible. Hopefully there aren't too many story spoilers.

That said, I'm happy to see Nintendo giving the game so much exposure. Xenoblade is amazing.

I am kinda divided on whether I will tune into the direct or not.

A more in-depth look at the game's combat will be amazing to see, but at the same time, I am worried on them giving too much away in terms of the story. Trust me, stories in Xeno games are not ones that you should be spoiled on.

I still remember the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer fianza that gave away too much about the game's story.

Wonder if the June 29th leak will turn out to still be true after this. I bet it probably will but I’m just curious
Not sure about the leak or date myself either, but I'm also in the "We'll probably get a more general direct after this" boat. Just feels kinda right since we're still around the time period they'd normally show off E3 stuff.

I am kinda divided on whether I will tune into the direct or not.

A more in-depth look at the game's combat will be amazing to see, but at the same time, I am worried on them giving too much away in terms of the story. Trust me, stories in Xeno games are not ones that you should be spoiled on.

I still remember the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer fianza that gave away too much about the game's story.
they didnt do so with 2

1655769871526.png

I don't think of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 as being "the big one", but more like the first of the big titles that we will be seeing from Nintendo.

imo Splatoon 3 is "the big one" of this Summer, and then we have Pokemon Scarlet/Violet after that.

Top Bottom