• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xenoblade’s first leading lady, the Fiora for Smash support thread!

scaPEGoat ~

Smash Cadet
Okay so the next Fighter being from ARMS is BIG news for us.

If it’s actually one of the ones featured as a Spirit, this would debunk the theory that Spirits disconfirm, and if it’s Spring-Man it’d also debunk the theory NPCs can’t be promoted as DLC.

Also this shows that they’re revisiting series included in the base game, so it’s entirely possible they may want to promote Xenoblade and someone like Fiora or Melia would be good for that.
Could you create a new support area for Melia? With the fact that Future Connected is focused on her, the chances of her being a DLC are greater.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who prefers standard Fiora's longer hairstyle at the beginning to her mecha-look/end of game look?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who prefers standard Fiora's longer hairstyle at the beginning to her mecha-look/end of game look?
No, you aren't actually. Would it be wrong of me if I said that that was part of why I kind of hope Fiora's original self would be who Smash would use as a playable character? Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way opposed to Mecha-Fiora being who Smash uses.

MattX20

Smash Hero
No, you aren't actually. Would it be wrong of me if I said that that was part of why I kind of hope Fiora's original self would be who Smash would use as a playable character? Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way opposed to Mecha-Fiora being who Smash uses.
The only question is how regular Fiora would work. Would it be a transformation mechanic kind of thing?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The only question is how regular Fiora would work. Would it be a transformation mechanic kind of thing?
Hmm... maybe a transformation mechanic where after taking a REALLY high amount of damage before getting KO'd, she'll respawn as Mecha-Fiora?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am definitely not opposed to Fiora honestly. The remake of the first game made me a fan. Haven't played the other entries yet, but I probably will. Fiora would be a great newcomer.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Rather surprised this thread hasn't seen more activity with the release of Definitive Edition

Anyways, I started playing Definitive Edition today (This has been a busy year so it took me awhile to get to it), after thinking it over I've been wondering if Fiora does indeed still have a chance

It would obviously depend on what Nintendo's marketing strategy is but for all intents and purposes it does seem like a character Sakurai would go with based on how much content she has in Smash, and the fact that her game is currently the most relevant

At the same time there is a lot of Xenoblade characters I could see, her main "competition" is probably Melia, who Nintendo might go for because of her prominent role in the expansion Future Connected and based on how muich they've been marketing her, at the same time I feel Sakurai might want to go with Fiora because of her importance to the main game's storyline and her likely being most recognizable with players due to her frequently appearing with Shulk in other games

It's a toss-up for me between the two, tbh I'm not sure about Xenoblade characters from other games (though Elma could be considered a dark horse but her situation is VERY circumstantial, and I could also see KOS-MOS depending on if Nintendo wants to push her but that's also circumstantial) since they've rotated out of relevancy and 1 is the most popular game in the franchise so it'd make sense for it to get prioritized. Anyways, just wanted to say I haven't given up yet and I do have a renewed sense of hope putting everything into perspective, and I just wanted to let y'all know what's up. (Very excited to play the rest of Definitive Edition, I just finished Chapter 3 today)

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Make her original self an alt, kinda like how Gun Jack in Tekken 3 has an alt based on the more human-like Jack from the previous games.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was just thinking, what Mii Costumes would Fiora come with?

I imagine she’d come with some Xenoblade characters as ones but I’m not sure which ones (I could see a Melia Mii Swordfighter honestly)

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking, what Mii Costumes would Fiora come with?

I imagine she’d come with some Xenoblade characters as ones but I’m not sure which ones (I could see a Melia Mii Swordfighter honestly)
We already have a Dunban swordfighter, so out of the others, a Reyn swordfighter and a Sharla gunner are obvious. Melia could work as either a swordfighter or a gunner (probs swordfighter tho depending on how difficult the staff would be to rig to the gunner's animations). Riki might get a hat, but I don't see a full on costume for him.

Also a Dickson gunner or Alvis swordfighter would be cool. Possibly a Mumkhar brawler too, but that's pushing it a little.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We already have a Dunban swordfighter, so out of the others, a Reyn swordfighter and a Sharla gunner are obvious. Melia could work as either a swordfighter or a gunner (probs swordfighter tho depending on how difficult the staff would be to rig to the gunner's animations). Riki might get a hat, but I don't see a full on costume for him.

Also a Dickson gunner or Alvis swordfighter would be cool. Possibly a Mumkhar brawler too, but that's pushing it a little.
Hmm these are all good ideas

Though I think Reyn would be a Brawler honestly, that seems the most appropriate for him to be since he’s very Melee-focused

But yeah I could see Riki being a Hat, I think that’d fit him well tbh

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sorry for the double post but someone brought up a really interesting idea for Fiora

What if she was a stance changer like Pokémon trainer? Her base form could be her Homs form and she could use moves like Butterfly Step, Power Smash, Screw Edge, Hidden Thorn, and Lacerate. Then her second form could be triggered via some sort of method to change it (I’m thinking her Final Smash) and would give her a kit based on her Mechon form, which would involve her Drones, talent arts, and various other abilities she has in that form?

It would not only be a great way to help conceal the spoiler twist to first-time players, but it would make her feel more unique and give the opportunity for both versions of her to be playable, and that way people could just pick their favorite.

Plus, isn’t it funny Ultimate already treats them both as distinct characters? The Spirits are not paired together and Fiora can’t upgrade to her Mechon form, so I wonder if it’s an idea they would go with?

I do wanna hear your guy’s thoughts, I think this is honestly a great way to get both versions of Fiora represented personally speaking.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post but someone brought up a really interesting idea for Fiora

What if she was a stance changer like Pokémon trainer? Her base form could be her Homs form and she could use moves like Butterfly Step, Power Smash, Screw Edge, Hidden Thorn, and Lacerate. Then her second form could be triggered via some sort of method to change it (I’m thinking her Final Smash) and would give her a kit based on her Mechon form, which would involve her Drones, talent arts, and various other abilities she has in that form?

It would not only be a great way to help conceal the spoiler twist to first-time players, but it would make her feel more unique and give the opportunity for both versions of her to be playable, and that way people could just pick their favorite.

Plus, isn’t it funny Ultimate already treats them both as distinct characters? The Spirits are not paired together and Fiora can’t upgrade to her Mechon form, so I wonder if it’s an idea they would go with?

I do wanna hear your guy’s thoughts, I think this is honestly a great way to get both versions of Fiora represented personally speaking.
Little late, but I don't really think it's that good of an idea. There's no logical explanation that would let her just change forms like that (literally the only possible way would be if there was a direct sequel, and in it, Fiora could don special armour that lets her simulate her old mechon form and fighting style. But seeing as that's not a thing, that ain't happening). Besides, Homs Fiora doesn't really have a whole lot to work with when it comes to giving her a unique moveset. She only has four regular arts plus Butterfly Step, and wouldn't really bring any unique playstyles that aren't already in Smash.

However, a stance changer style character isn't entirely out of the question. Fiora's entire schtick as a party member is that she is able to equip different armour modules to completely change her stats and take on any role in the party she wants. In Smash, this could be represented by letting her switch between her default Ether Module (balanced stats), Speed Module (faster but lighter and weaker), Attack Module (higher damage output but lower defence), and Power Module (slower, but increased weight and defence). This would not only represent her role as a party member in Xenoblade perfectly, but would also be a neat parallel to how Shulk is portrayed in Smash with his Monado Arts. Additionally, maybe depending on what Module she currently has equipped, it also changes her equipped Drones, letting her use one different move (probably Neutral Special) in addition to the altered stats. I was thinking that Ether Module would have Cannon Drones, Speed Module would have Gun Drones, Attack Module would have Sword Drones, and Power Module would have Shield Drones.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know I’ve been thinking...

I honestly can’t for the life of me think of a reason as to why they decided to insert Fiora into Shulk’s Final Smash, since one Xenoblade you only have four party members and adding a character who’s such a crucial plot point out of the blue seems... Odd to me...

It’s kind of had me wondering, what if there was a different purpose the assets served during development and they decided to offset her assets to Shulk’s Final Smash when they couldn’t use them for that specific purpose? We’ve seen examples of this in the past, such as Dark Pit’s side-special having originally been created as a custom special move for Pit in Smash 4, so its got me wondering if she served a different purpose, and if potentially she could eventually fulfil that purpose when they have the opportunity?

I dunno, just things I’ve been thinking, in other news I’m almost to the point in Definitive Edition where you recruit her so I might have even more thoughts lol.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know I’ve been thinking...

I honestly can’t for the life of me think of a reason as to why they decided to insert Fiora into Shulk’s Final Smash, since one Xenoblade you only have four party members and adding a character who’s such a crucial plot point out of the blue seems... Odd to me...

It’s kind of had me wondering, what if there was a different purpose the assets served during development and they decided to offset her assets to Shulk’s Final Smash when they couldn’t use them for that specific purpose? We’ve seen examples of this in the past, such as Dark Pit’s side-special having originally been created as a custom special move for Pit in Smash 4, so its got me wondering if she served a different purpose, and if potentially she could eventually fulfil that purpose when they have the opportunity?

I dunno, just things I’ve been thinking, in other news I’m almost to the point in Definitive Edition where you recruit her so I might have even more thoughts lol.
Let's not forget Chrom...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition last night

Tbh after finishing it I have to say, it’s weird Fiora isn’t in Smash honestly, even with her spoiler status not withstanding cause it’s not like Smash really cares about that. She’s legit treated equal to Shulk during the second half of the game all the way leading up to the finale. She isn’t just a deturoganist like Lucina either, she’s quite literally the main character during the Mechonis climb and a good amount of the story takes place from her perspective, in addition to most of the focus being on her connection with Meyneth and her slowly depleating life-force. She can also use the Manado, making her one of the only three characters who can use it with no issue (Sorry Dunban looks like this ain’t your day). It feels so weird to me one of the protagonists of the game and such a focal point of it isn’t in Smash honestly, she kinda feels like she should’ve been added with Shulk in Smash 4. As I mentioned before with that weird as **** Final Smash cameo I really cannot help but wonder if they have plans for her or if she’s been considered in some capacity, the team has admittedly shown a lot of interest in the character, and Definitive Edition is the most recent game at the moment so I have to say she’s on my mind as a potential contender, especially if plans for a certain other blade user fell through (Though I could see them both getting in with one being an Echo Fighter of another, time will tell, though that’s a whole different conversation)

Finally I want to address Melia. I thought about it for awhile and I actually was an advocate for Melia’s chances before I played Definitive Edition, to be perfectly honest I do not think Melia would get in before Fiora, Fiora’s just more important to the game overall (Melia’s epilogue not withstanding) and the Smash team has taken odd interest in her in some capacity whereas they haven’t really for Melia. Although I would not be opposed to Melia at all, an elemental user would be sick and it’d be interesting seeing if they got Jenna Coleman back.

But yeah that’s what I’m currently feeling right now, I feel strangely better about Fiora’s chances than I did a couple months ago and I just have this weird feeling she’ll get in eventually but I just don’t know when.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So with Pyra/Mythra confirmed, I definitely don’t think they’ll be revisiting the first Xenoblade. I hope for a Mecha-Fiora Mii, at least.

just hope Elma survives and they announce more fighters... 🥺

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm willing to call it in for now but it was a good run, Pyra and Mythra look pretty cool and I'd say they're good choices, I just hope Fiora could get in someday, I'm not gonna give up however, I still support and you won't see me stopping here!

I do hope she gets some sort of acknowledgement in this challenger pack at least, I'll take anything.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
but man

my two girls I wanted for Ultimate.... both shot down.

they were Fiora and Elma.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As one of the OG Fiora supporters, I hope they do another ballot after DLC ends

aside from Elma and anyone else I want that doesn’t make it, I’ll push for fiora again to get her out of FS Hell

who’s with me??

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As one of the OG Fiora supporters, I hope they do another ballot after DLC ends

aside from Elma and anyone else I want that doesn’t make it, I’ll push for fiora again to get her out of FS Hell

who’s with me??
Yeah I’m totally down with this! I’d definitely vote for Fiora to get her out of that Final Smash honestly. I’d vote Elma too honestly. Count me in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, Ultimate’s ending. And with it, the threads here will be closed.

I hope there’s a ballot for next game or something so Fiora can get another chance. All in all, never stop pushing for your faves!

press on, and on, and ON!

Top Bottom