• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox's Answer To Smash Bros

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'm a huge fan of both Super Smash Bros. and the Xbox. I've been wanting Microsoft to get their own crossover going for years! As both Nintendo and Sony have had their own crossovers why not let the Xbox have its own?

The Roster has a lot of potential: (In no particular order) (Not basing on importance. Just listing how many there could be.)

1. Master Chief (Halo)
2. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
3. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
4. Jack of Blades (Fable)
5. Kameo (Kameo: Elements of Power)
6. Blinx (Blinx: The Time Sweeper)
7. Vince (Voodoo Vince)
8. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
9. The Agent (Crackdown)
10. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
11. Steve (Minecraft)
12. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
13. Ori (Ori and the Blind Forest)
14. Stubbs (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse)
15. Frank West (Dead Rising)
16. Kaim Argonar (Lost Odyssey)
17. Shu (Blue Dragon)
18. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
19. Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
20. Raikoh (Otogi)

Edit: More characters:
21. Cuphead (Cuphead)
22. Arbiter (Halo)
23. General Raam (Gears of War)
24. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
25. Teresa (Fable)
26. Gruntilda
27. Samson (Fuzion Frenzy)
28. Stranger (Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath)
29. Overlord (Overlord)
30. Crimson King (Otogi)
31. Rash (Battletoads)
32. Zitz (Battletoads)
33. Pimple (Battletoads)
34. Elvis (Perfect Dark)
35. Tartarus (Halo)
36. 'Splosion Man
37. Ms. 'Splosion Man
38. The Gunstringer ( The Gunstringer)
39. Dust & Fidget ( Dust: An Elysian Tail)
40. Solus (Breakdown)
41: Raz (Psychonauts)

Edit: Possible Stages
- Silent Cartographer (Halo)
- Requiem (Halo)
- High Charity (Halo)
- Jacinto (Gears of War)
- The Hallow (Gears of War)
- Raven's Nest (Gears of War)
- Spiral Mountain (Banjo Kazooie)
- Gruntilda's Lair (Banjo Kazooie)
- Mumbo's Mountain Picture (Banjo Kazooie)
- Tattered Spire (Fable)
- Heroes Guild (Fable)
- Bowerstone (Fable)
- Carrington Institute (Perfect Dark)
- Lucerne Tower (Perfect Dark)
- Area 51 (Perfect Dark)
- Pacific City (Crackdown)
- Grand Staff (Lost Odyssey)
- City of Numara (Lost Odyssey)
- White Boa (Lost Odyssey)
- Astral Plane (Killer instinct)
- The Pinnacle (Killer Instinct)
- Village of Whispers (Killer Instinct)

More stages to be added.

Edit: Possible Modes
- Single Player (Story)
- Single Player (Arcade)
- 4 Player FFA (Timed)
- 4 Player FFA (Life)
- 4 Player Team Battle (Timed)
- 4 Player Team Battle (Life)

Mini Game Mode:
- Sumo (Fuzion Frenzy)
- Twisted System (Fuzion Frenzy)
- Blast Man Standing (Fuzion Frenzy)

* More Modes to be added

Edit: I'd like to add that certain franchises have crossed over before in the past:

- In Halo 3: We got a Spartan Armor based of Ryu Hayabusa's armor for multiplayer.
- In Dead or Alive 4: Spartan 458 Nichole was a guest character.
- Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate featured Xbox themed clothing for female characters.
- In Killer Instinct: Rash from Battletoads, The Arbiter from Halo, and General Raam from Gears of War were all guest characters.
- In Perfect Dark (Xbox 360 version): The Agent from Crackdown is playable in multiplayer.
- Minecraft: There are dozens of Xbox related skins
- In Ninja Gaiden (Original Xbox version): There is a Prototype Xbox that can be found.
- Sea of Thieves has several ship parts based on Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, and Halo.
- Gears 5 will feature both Emile and Kat from Halo Reach!

Edit: I would like to add Microsoft as added about 4 new studios as of E3. Playground Games, Undead Labs, Compulsion Games, and Ninja Theory have all been bought by Microsoft. While I'm not sure what this means as of yet, their list of games has expanded a bit more since I last posted.

Edit: Banjo & Kazooie have been added to Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Congratulations!

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Microsoft’s games are spread across too many genres, art styles, and maturity ratings for it to be a successful crossover. Nintendo games have a lot of similar facets, and that’s why SSB worked out.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Microsoft’s games are spread across too many genres, art styles, and maturity ratings for it to be a successful crossover. Nintendo games have a lot of similar facets, and that’s why SSB worked out.
That didn't keep Playstation Allstars from working. If the game could get an effectively creative team they can make it work.

Smash Bros characters are also from many genres so, that wouldn't effect anything. The most they have in common is the more bright themes. However, many characters (Solid Snake and Bayonetta to give examples) were not using these themes but were changed to fit better. Most of Snake moves were toned back as well as Bayonettas'.

Same can be said about art styles. Fire Emblem has a way different art style than Kirby or Mario. Xenoblade has a much different art style than Starfox.

Maturity isn't really a factor as all characters could be made to fit a "T" Rating. If Nintendo can manage to tone down Bayonetta; then Xbox can tone down Marcus Fenix.

What helps make something like Smash Bros works is the amount of fan bases it reaches. It partially does because it covers so many franchises and genres that it brings all of those fans together. Halo, Gears of War, Banjo Kazooie, Fable etc. all have huge fan bases and can bring them all together to have fun together.

I know as both a Halo and Gears of War fan that I'd be so happy to see Master Chief fight with or against Marcus Fenix. We even got a sneak peak at a Halo vs Gears fight with both the Arbiter and General Raam guest appearing in Killer Instinct. Both Halo and Gears of War fans (like myself) went nuts over just that happening. So, what do you think would happen if we got a full fledged crossover?

What also helps Smash Bros succeed is the chaotic 4 player (or more) battles. As someone who loves both Super Smash Bros. and Playstation Allstars; I'd love if Xbox got it's own crossover. Imagine not only Master Chief vs Marcus Fenix but, Master Chief vs Marcus Fenix vs Banjo Kazooie vs Jack of Blades. That to me would be a dream come true.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Possible Item List Time!

Items:
- Cloak (Halo)
- Overshield (Halo)
- Drop Shield (Halo)
- Needler (Halo)
- Gravity Hammer (Halo)
- Torque Bow (Gears of War)
- Ink Grenade (Gears of War)
- Hammer of Dawn (Gears of War)
- Potions (Fable)
- Chicken (Fable)
- Music Box (Fable)
- X-Ray Scanner (Perfect Dark)
- Rocket Launcher (Perfect Dark)
- Laser (Perfect Dark)
- Reaper (Perfect Dark)
- Agility Orb (Crackdown)
- Quacker (Crackdown)
- Elemental Forge (Crackdown)
- Portable Launch Pad (Crackdown)
- Ender Pearl (Minecraft)

For now I wouldn't be adding any items from third party games.

If you'd like to add any items; feel free to add what you believe is missing.

Edit: I've decided to make a new category for Item Containers (Chests or other Containers)
- Treasure Chest (Fable)
- Chesty (Fable)
- Fabricator (Gears of War)

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
200 + views and only 1 comment. Does anyone else have an opinion they'd like to share? Anything they'd like to add?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
No love for ‘Splosion Man?

In all seriousness, I find this to be an amazing idea and one I would actually play.

Assist characters could include Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie) and the Prophet of Truth (Halo).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Thank you. Adding any ideas or linking video about a Xbox Smash style game can be helpful. The video is actually not that bad for the most part too. Although I'd rather not add anything from Forza as a character. Maybe as a stage.
How the hell would a car even work as a playable fighter anyway?! I do have some ideas for music

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
No love for ‘Splosion Man?

In all seriousness, I find this to be an amazing idea and one I would actually play.

Assist characters could include Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie) and the Prophet of Truth (Halo).
I actually forgot about 'Splosion Man. I've never played the game so, I'll update. Should I also add Ms. 'Splosion Man?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I actually forgot about 'Splosion Man. I've never played the game so, I'll update. Should I also add Ms. 'Splosion Man?
The two are very similar to the point of being a Olimar/Alph situation.

Then again, I can see Ms. ‘Splosion Man having a different move set/more powerful moves so adding her could be alright.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
We are now up to 40 characters! I'm aware that some of these characters many people may not be aware of. However, I thought it'd be fun to add a little more fan service for fans of some of these hidden gems. Enjoy!

Edit: I will gladly add Modes too if anyone would like to have a little extra fun!

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Music ideas:
Halo theme- Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix-Halo 2
Rock Anthem for Saving the World: Halo 2
Warthog Run- Halo 3
ODST Overture - Halo 3: ODST
Winter Contigency- Halo Reach
117- Halo 4
Siege of Madril
The Trials- Halo 5: Guardians

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
When I was younger I wanted this to happen but as I have gotten older I don't think this is the best idea. The reason why is tone. Smash and nintendo in general tends to have very happy and colorful characters, while xbox doesn't. There is tons of more gore and seriousness, and because of the lack of more cartoonish characters it wouldn't do that well. IMO besides playing like ass why Playstation Allstars didnt do well, but I would love to be proven wrong.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
When I was younger I wanted this to happen but as I have gotten older I don't think this is the best idea. The reason why is tone. Smash and nintendo in general tends to have very happy and colorful characters, while xbox doesn't. There is tons of more gore and seriousness, and because of the lack of more cartoonish characters it wouldn't do that well. IMO besides playing like *** why Playstation Allstars didnt do well, but I would love to be proven wrong.
Looking at newer Smash Brothers (Brawl added Snake and 4 added Bayonetta); it has changed a lot of the tone it used to have for the most part. Looking at current requests from Smash fans shows they are willing to include Doom Marine or Scorpion. I don't think tone is as relevant as it used to be.

I think part of the reason Playstation Allstars didn't do as well is because of 2 main reasons: 1. Missing icons (No Crash, Spyro, Cloud Strife, Lara Croft, Snake or even Classic Dante). 2. Kill System/ Super Meter: I personally liked this feature but not everyone did. Having the Super ability be the only way to kill an opponent isn't always appealing. Had Battle Royal included more modes it could have done better.

If we got a Smash Bros style game for Xbox featuring Xbox characters it depends on how it plays and what characters it includes. Looking at my current list; there are enough characters (many wouldn't be added I acknowledge) to keep potential fans entertained. Characters from games like Halo, Gears of War, Banjo Kazooie, Fable, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden ect. have huge fan bases to attract an audience.

If it plays as well as Smash Bros and have a creative and fun enough gimmick of its own it can even get non Xbox fans. I personally played my Xbox systems more than my Nintendo systems but I love Super Smash Bros. It just needs a chance.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Looking at newer Smash Brothers (Brawl added Snake and 4 added Bayonetta); it has changed a lot of the tone it used to have for the most part. Looking at current requests from Smash fans shows they are willing to include Doom Marine or Scorpion. I don't think tone is as relevant as it used to be.

I think part of the reason Playstation Allstars didn't do as well is because of 2 main reasons: 1. Missing icons (No Crash, Spyro, Cloud Strife, Lara Croft, Snake or even Classic Dante). 2. Kill System/ Super Meter: I personally liked this feature but not everyone did. Having the Super ability be the only way to kill an opponent isn't always appealing. Had Battle Royal included more modes it could have done better.

If we got a Smash Bros style game for Xbox featuring Xbox characters it depends on how it plays and what characters it includes. Looking at my current list; there are enough characters (many wouldn't be added I acknowledge) to keep potential fans entertained. Characters from games like Halo, Gears of War, Banjo Kazooie, Fable, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden ect. have huge fan bases to attract an audience.

If it plays as well as Smash Bros and have a creative and fun enough gimmick of its own it can even get non Xbox fans. I personally played my Xbox systems more than my Nintendo systems but I love Super Smash Bros. It just needs a chance.
I do think that people asking for mature characters like scorpion and doom guy may be more of a vocal minority, While smash has added Bayonetta and Snake those more "edgy" characters are definetly a minority of the roster. But you are right in the sense that if it plays well that fans will come, but I dont think that non xbox fans would come. The reason why so many older or non nintendo fans play is because at some point they have played a nintendo game and probably have nostalgia lead them. This case is alot harder for xbox because there aren't as many people who grew up with these characters and if they have the probably haven't abandoned the xbox ship (granted I have)

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I do think that people asking for mature characters like scorpion and doom guy may be more of a vocal minority, While smash has added Bayonetta and Snake those more "edgy" characters are definetly a minority of the roster. But you are right in the sense that if it plays well that fans will come, but I dont think that non xbox fans would come. The reason why so many older or non nintendo fans play is because at some point they have played a nintendo game and probably have nostalgia lead them. This case is alot harder for xbox because there aren't as many people who grew up with these characters and if they have the probably haven't abandoned the xbox ship (granted I have)
Funny enough the only Nintendo games I really play are Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Splatoon. So, I don't even have much of a connection to even a 10th of the roster. Halo, Gears, Fable, Crackdown, Perfect Dark, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Dead Rising etc. I've played a lot of. So, I'd be hyped if we got a Xbox version of Smash.

I will also say that Xbox owns Rare so, even some Nintendo fans might even join in just for the excuse to play as Banjo & Kazooie, Joanna Dark or Conker. It wouldn't even surprise me if some of them would pick a Rare character just to pummel Master Chief or Marcus Fenix. :p

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I do like this idea. I've been thinking about it a lot myself, ever since the Xbox One launched. I believe such a fighter would consist mostly of Rareware characters, so they could possiblymarket it as a Rareware fighter first with Microsoft guest characters.

But the main thing I take issue with is making it yet another Smash clone. I feel that road has been seriously trodden, and I think they should make it more like Fuzion Frenzy/Power Stone. We haven't seen a proper Power Stone-style fighter in ages, and I think it has some seriously untapped potential to be a new popular style of competitive fighting game.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It wouldn't make sense to treat Rare and Xbox as separate. Microsoft owns Rare. It wouldn't be "guest characters". Just Xbox characters fighting each other. Preferably 2D Brawler like Smash Bros. It just works better. Besides, about less than half (possibly about a quarter) would be Rare characters anyway.It's not like Rare characters are from the same franchise. Banjo & Kazooie and Joanna Dark aren't technically in the same universe (per say).

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Saying it "works better" is completely subjective. There's so much they could do with a 3D arena fighter in the vein of Power Stone, and it would help the game stand out with its own identity rather than having people give them endless criticism for making "another Smash clone", because that is a problem and common criticism regardless. And I only call it a Rareware fighter in the sense that Rare owns the majority of the IP that would appear in such a game.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Saying it "works better" is completely subjective. There's so much they could do with a 3D arena fighter in the vein of Power Stone, and it would help the game stand out with its own identity rather than having people give them endless criticism for making "another Smash clone", because that is a problem and common criticism regardless. And I only call it a Rareware fighter in the sense that Rare owns the majority of the IP that would appear in such a game.
Then it goes from being a Smash Clone to a Powerstone Clone. Same problem exists.

Smash Bros basically created it's own sub genre. The complaints aren't as much about the gameplay style as just being a Console Mascot Fighter. Even if it was made into a more Powerstone style game Smash bros fans would still treat it as an attempt to copy Smash Bros success. I enjoy Smash Bros style games (yes I actually liked Playstation Allstars). I feel as though it'd be better of going with what was more successful. And Smash Bros is more successful than Powerstone.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Microsoft could try, but it might end up in the direction of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale if it happened. Nintendo has so many first-party characters that this alone was enough to start up the first game. I can't think of any first-party characters from Sony or Microsoft, but I'm not very familiar with either of them. Because of Super Smash Bros. popularity, anyone who tries to compete in developing a non-traditional fighter will have big shoes to fill.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say that there are any shoes to fill. It's more about giving Xbox fans the ability to play as their favorite Xbox characters from their favorite Xbox games.

Honestly, as much as I love Smash Bros; I'd be way more excited to have an Xbox crossover. I've played Smash Bros for years. Aside from a few newcomers there isn't as much to get hyped for me personally.

On the Xbox side however, I'm a huge fan of Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Perfect Dark, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Crackdown etc. The ability to play as Master Chief (Halo) or Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)alone would get me excited. Not to mention Jack of Blades (Fable), Kaim Argonar (Lost Odyssey), or even Commander Shepard (Mass Effect). Way more characters for me personally to get excited over.

arsquid

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, first time posting here. I couldn't find any rules about what's allowed/not allowed as far as gravebumping/reviving/necroposting goes, but I believe I have something relevant to add to the conversation so hopefully that won't be a problem.

A Microsoft fighting game is a really interesting idea! It's certainly not as straightforward as a Nintendo fighting game. I always thought of Smash Bros. as a celebration of Nintendo, but now it looks like they're just trying to have the most characters in the best game possible. So let's say this theoretical game has the same goal- for Microsoft to make the best fighting game with the most recognizable characters they have access to or can get their hands on. So who's in it? If you want my take, peak at my list below. I've put it in a spoiler because it's long.
Link to the image of the roster

Franchise 1: Halo
This one's obvious. Halo is the Xbox game, so any Microsoft crossover game is bound to feature it in some capacity. Master Chief and the Arbiter would be available from the start (though Microsoft seems weirdly reluctant to put the Master Chief in a fighting game, opting to put Spartan Nicole in Dead or Alive 4 and the Arbiter in Killer Instinct instead of the Chief, I don't think Microsoft would bother making this game if they weren't gonna put Chief in it).

I personally would want Noble Six as a clone character for Chief, though realistically that spot would get taken by one of the new Spartan IV characters, or maybe another member of Blue Team. The Rookie from ODST could be a lighter, less powerful version of that character. Also, a Sgt. Johnson skinfor the Rookie like we got in ODST's Firefight? Yes please.

As far as villains in the Halo games go, there are actually a surprising amount of options. I went with Tartarus in the roster above (and I see OP has him listed too, that's interesting), but a transforming Flood character or perhaps even the Didact could be interesting fighters as well.

Franchise 2: Rare Games
Like PsychoJosh said earlier in the thread, one of the best things Microsoft would have going for it in a project like this is its access to Rare characters. Besides Master Chief, these are the most iconic characters Microsoft has to offer. Banjo & Kazooie would probably be a starting character, I could see them operating a little like Duck Hunt.

I personally love Viva Pinata, so I've added the Horstachio, AKA Hudson, to the roster. Admittedly a horse is a kind of awkward inclusion for a fighting game full of bipedal characters (though Hudson is often shown standing on his hind legs in the show, apparently), but I don't feel like anyone else from this game deserves a spot more than him.

Franchise 3: Gears of War
As one of the last exclusives Microsoft's got left, I don't see them passing on this one either. I'm having trouble thinking up an exact moveset for Marcus, but he, Dom and Raam have got to be the heaviest, bulkiest characters in the lineup.

Franchise 4: Crackdown
So many people I know bought Crackdown 2 for the Halo 3 beta code that I will always think of it as a little brother to the Halo franchise, whether is deserves that reputation or not. The Agent could differentiate himself from the rest of the super-soldiers in the game by having a higher aerial mobility and more powerful projectiles, something like how I imagine Ness plays like (I don't know what Ness plays like).

Franchise 5: Fable
We haven't seen a mainline release in this franchise for a while, but from what I remember of Fable 3 it has a pretty unique take on the fantasy RPG. While "Hero" is about as bad as a name for a character as Crackdown's Agent, they would bring a mixture of magic, swordplay, and old-timey firearms to the table that I don't think can be found anywhere else in what Microsoft has available.

Franchise 6: Ninja Gaiden
With Microsoft's acquisition of Team Ninja, Ryu's inclusion in the game is just about as certain as Master Chief's. I wonder if anyone from the Halo games would recognize that armor...

Franchise 7: Killer Instinct
Oh, I guess Microsoft already has a fighting game? I've never played Killer Instinct and I'm personally not a fan of that type of fighting game, but it looks to have a lot of unique characters and Microsoft would be silly not to include some of them.

Franchise 8: Dead Rising
Okay, I'm not sure about this one. Dead Rising 4 was an Xbox One exclusive but the people who developed it went out of business, so the state of this franchise is really unclear to me. Still, I think Frank would be a great fit for a fighting game that doesn't take itself too seriously. Chuck is even less likely than Frank because his game wasn't Xbox exclusive, but can you imagine if he rode his chainsaw-motorcycle into battle like the way Wario pulls his bike out of thin air? These two would be hilarious, and in my opinion, very worthy inclusions.

Franchise 9: Tomb Raider
This is where things get even crazier. The only thing I've got for this one is that the first couple of games in Laura's reboot trilogy premiered on Xbox sooner than they did on other consoles. As far as third party picks go, Lara's one of the most iconic ones Microsoft could go for. Her bow and arrow, which is one of the new version's defining features, would also be a lot more unique in this roster than in Smash Bros.

Franchise 10: DOOM
Depending on who you ask, Doom Guy is even more iconic than Master Chief. So yeah, while he wouldn't add much new to the lineup we've already established, he would still be a huge get for the game.

Franchise 11: Fallout
And if we're already asking Bethesda to share their characters, why not add a Fallout Vault Dweller to the game? Especially if they were voice-acted with old-school Fallout levels of snark and could have a mid-fight conversation with Frank West..

Franchise 12: Elder Scrolls
As if it hasn't been re-released enough, they're porting Skyrim into other games now? Nah, I'd rather have the protagonist of TES6 in this game, with their moves giving us a peak at new game mechanics or something. But for now we've got Dovahkiin, who would be an interesting addition to a fighting game in his own right.

Franchise 13: Castle Crashers
This franchise was originally an Xbox exclusive, and out of all the third party picks I think it would be the most likely. This game isn't quite as saturated with swordfighters as Smash Bros, and I think adding a small, feisty one would be a whole lot of fun. Not to mention, if I remember correctly, the series has a dark sense of humor not unlike Dead Rising and Fallout.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I thinking you're mixing Team Ninja with Ninja Theory. Ninja Theory made Heavenly Sword on the Playstation 3. Microsoft announced buying them as well as 3 other small companies at E3 2018.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Dude, I've have been dying like Hell that I too have been waiting for this baby to come up! I SO want this game to happen! :D

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Dude, I've have been dying like Hell that I too have been waiting for this baby to come up! I SO want this game to happen! :D
Happy to have you! I've been a fan of Xbox since the original Xbox!

I really think that if Microsoft actually legitimately tried to make their own crossover it could be amazing! It's all about potential. And Xbox has a lot of potential. Some of my most favorite games are on Xbox. Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden etc. in one game would make me outright hyped!

There is so much we could talk about; from Characters, Stages, Music, Items, Modes, Possible Move Lists, Possible Easter Eggs, etc.

Welcome Aboard!

arsquid

Smash Rookie
I thinking you're mixing Team Ninja with Ninja Theory. Ninja Theory made Heavenly Sword on the Playstation 3. Microsoft announced buying them as well as 3 other small companies at E3 2018.
Oh that's my mistake, you're totally right! I guess that gives them access to the character from Hellblade, though I'm not sure if including her in a game like this would be considered distasteful or not..

Regardless, apparently they also worked on Devil May Cry. I'm sure the rights to that are still with Capcom but I hadn't even considered a guest appearance from Dante before finding that out. (inb4 I've confused developers again and someone else entirely did the DmC reboot)

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Happy to have you! I've been a fan of Xbox since the original Xbox!

I really think that if Microsoft actually legitimately tried to make their own crossover it could be amazing! It's all about potential. And Xbox has a lot of potential. Some of my most favorite games are on Xbox. Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden etc. in one game would make me outright hyped!

There is so much we could talk about; from Characters, Stages, Music, Items, Modes, Possible Move Lists, Possible Easter Eggs, etc.

Welcome Aboard!
Thing we might be missing from its roster are the Avatars. THAT would be the ultimate choice! :)

arsquid

Smash Rookie
Here's a picture of the roster from the original post.
I've never heard of a lot of these people, but some of them look pretty interesting! Though personally I really don't like the idea of Minecraft Steve being a fighter. You can't really adapt his character design like you could for other characters. He's so popular though so he probably would be included.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Thing we might be missing from its roster are the Avatars. THAT would be the ultimate choice! :)
Actually, I have something in mind for Avatars.

I was thinking there could be an Online Lobby that would be interact-able with Avatars. Imagine a virtual Game Room where you can take your collectibles; say a shelf where you can place Replicas of Guilty Spark (Halo), Jack (Gears of War), Jack of Blades Mask, a stack of games, A "Jiggy" (Banjo Kazooie), A Diamond Pickaxe (Minecraft), etc. that all can be interacted with along with furniture; Television, Chairs, Posters, etc. that can be customized to the players liking (think Playstation Home but smaller and Xbox themed). You could invite your friends and show off your Game Room or set up Online Matches.

Something like that. (Sorry if the explanation is confusing).

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Actually, I have something in mind for Avatars.

I was thinking there could be an Online Lobby that would be interact-able with Avatars. Imagine a virtual Game Room where you can take your collectibles; say a shelf where you can place Replicas of Guilty Spark (Halo), Jack (Gears of War), Jack of Blades Mask, a stack of games, A "Jiggy" (Banjo Kazooie), A Diamond Pickaxe (Minecraft), etc. that all can be interacted with along with furniture; Television, Chairs, Posters, etc. that can be customized to the players liking (think Playstation Home but smaller and Xbox themed). You could invite your friends and show off your Game Room or set up Online Matches.

Something like that. (Sorry if the explanation is confusing).
That sounds awesome! I love that idea! :)
If you were to pick DLC characters for Xbox/3rd-Party characters and stages, which would you pick?
My choices of characters would be the following:
- Abe (Oddworld)
- Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption 2)
- Ayane (Dead or Alive)
- Dovakhiin (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
- Hudson Horstachio (Viva Pinata)
- Lucky (Whacked!) or (Lucky's Tale)
- Munch (Oddworld: Munch's Odyysee)
- Ollie Starkey (We Happy Few)
- Sally Boyle (We Happy Few)

arsquid

Smash Rookie
I love the game room idea. As for DLC characters, why not have all of them in the base game?

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Here are some theme song ideas for the game:

And here is a track for the shuffled playlist if Killer Instinct had some songs in a stage:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I think a cool way to get collectibles would be the Story Mode.

I was thinking maybe during the story you could find the Demon Doors from Fable. They'd give you a riddle and you would have to either find the item connected to the riddle or do an action/be the character the Demon Door wants then it will open.

An example would be a Demon Door asks you to show him "An Amazing Jump". You could go find 3 Agility Orbs and jump in front of him and it'll open.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Here is what I think of their Tournament-friendly rules:
- 4 Player FFA (Life) 2 or 4 players)
- 4 Lives and 8 minutes
- NO Items
- Both Main, Unlockable, and DLC fighters are legal :p

I would make a list of stages for it, but I can't figure out which would be there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom