• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox Smash Bros... Who's Ready?

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
MICROSOFT X-BOUT:
O.K.

So this happened...

My name is Qwerty UIOP and I have an idea. Inspied by BATTLE of AGES by Speed Weed, I was inspired to make an Xbox Smash Clone. Many others have tried but none were popular enough to get off the ground. But will this be different or will it be buried with its similar threads and forgotten about? Let's Find Out!
All of our work can be found out here: the link is now closed​

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Here are the Pre-Chosen Ideas for this game

Fighters:
Banjo and Kazooie(Banjo-Kazooie)

Jago(Killer Instinct)

Stages:
Spiral Mountain(Banjo-Kazooie)

Now Here is your first couple of jobs to keep you occupied

JOB 1: Main Game Roster
This is the number of the Fighters in the Main Game. Let's go too crazy with the number and say it has to be less than 50
JOB 2: Classic and Modern Fighter Reps
Classic is from 1985-2000 and Modern is from 2000 onwards.

Have fun!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 1:

What does this mean exactly? Are we deciding roster size?

Job 2:
Png_1.png

Master_chief_halo_infinite.png

Joanna Dark and Master Chief
Perfect Dark is a classic and Master Cheif really should be a lock for this kind of thing.

We don't need a third Rare character right now but I like Joanna so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
you... you really... put two Rare characters by default and not Master Chief or Clippy?
Here is my reasoning...
Banjo and Kazooie is because they are the first microsoft character in Smash
Jago is from a fighting game and this is a fighting game... makes sense

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:75 Characters, i think 75 characters is a good choice

Job 2:Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day) and Tracer (Overwatch)

Conker is the protagonist from Conker's Bad Fur Day, he is a alcolholic and greedy squirrel who wants go home

and Tracer is one of playable characters from Overwatch, she is britain and an overwatch agent

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Really don't want to beat a dead horse, but Master Chief not being base is still jarring. You forgot to show Mario for the Smash Bros. game, that's the equivalent of what just happened with Master Chief. (And yeah, both Banjo & Kazooie and Steve got in the actual Smash before MC, but they make more sense in that scenario due to closer connections with Nintendo and generally being more wanted by Smash fans. Master Chief is Mr. Xbox and the Halo series are major reasons you would even consider buying an Xbox). Sorry about that, on to actually submitting.

Job #1: 48 Characters
I think 48 is a solid number when it comes to encompassing Microsoft's history and I think it just looks nice.

Job #2: Ori (Modern Character)
1646097242988.png

Ori is a small white spirit from the game Ori and the Blind Forest, a Metroidvania. Ori would be a cool character, and as a bonus they were already DLC in Rivals of Aether proving Ori can work in a platform fighter

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #1: 35
Microsoft has a few notable individuals, I think this number is achievable and realistic without filling the roster with lots of minor characters.

Job #2:
Doomguy/Doomslayer
(Doom - Classic character)

Doom Slayer.png

Steve (Minecraft - Modern character)

Steve.png

I was going to add something more obscure and controversial, but honestly Steve seems like such an obvious pick I thought we should at least have him up for debate. Both Minecraft and Doom are amongst the most influential games in their genres and thus should be considered at the very least.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #2:

Classic Fighter - Crash Bandicoot (1996)

This one came to my mind, considering a recent acquisition of Activision Blizzard by Microsoft the month ago.

Crash Bandicoot needs no introduction, right?

Anyway (in case I'm wrong), Crash is the main protagonist of the titular video game franchise originally developed by Naughty Dog for Sony's PlayStation console, before it became a third-party franchise with some of the games created by numerous developers on other platforms. For his backstory, Crash was originally an ordinary bandicoot, until he was genetically-enhanced by a evil mad scientists, Doctor Neo Cortex, until he ran away and returned to rescue his girlfriend Tawna from him with the help of a floating voodoo mask with the spirit of a witch doctor, Aku Aku. Later installments focuses on him and his younger sister Coco, whose quiet life on the Wumpa Islands is often interrupted by Cortex himself, often defeating and foiling his plans for world domination.

Obviously, for his moveset possibilities, Crash has many skills, techniques and a wacky arsenal he can make use of in fights/battles, such as his famous/signature Death Tornado Spin (that allows him to rapidly hit enemies, float in the air and deflect projectiles), a dashing slide attack, aerial body slams, a soaring Rocket Jump, a bazooka that shoots out Wumpa fruits as projectiles, various different crates (such as arrow/bounce crates which works similarly like a trampoline and explosive TNT/Nitro crates), power-ups/items (like a jet pack to fly into the air and jet board for aerial tricks/boosts) and his mask partner, Aku Aku, to protect himself and even turn invincible for a short period of time. In Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, he can even retrieve the Quantum Masks' powers in order to cross obstacles and maybe use against opponents by phasing various stuff (maybe himself for teleporting?), flipping his own gravity (potential recovery move?), perform a stronger Dark Matter Spin attack and slow down time.
(something's telling me that Master Chief's getting this, but hey, I can at least try)

Modern Fighter - Blinx (Blinx the Time Sweeper - 2002)

Blinx is the titular protagonist of the platforming video game series, Blinx the Time Sweeper, which was first released for the original Xbox in 2002, created by Naoto Ohshima, one of Sonic's creators himself. It focuses on a young cat himself, who is the Time Sweeper in his mission to prevent the end of World B1Q64 and rescue its princess Lena from the evil Tom-Tom Gang. The game became popular enough to achieve a sequel in 2004, Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space, where he appeared as a support character. Blinx himself was proposed to be Xbox's family-friendly mascot in Japan since Halo was considered too violent with Master Chief's identity lacking behind his visor, but apparently failed.

As this expansive moveset document explains, Blinx would utilize his TS-1000 sweeper to attack opponents by swinging and bashing them with it. He can also suck and store in both them and projectiles/items (like Kirby and Dedede's Inhale), even being able to shoot them back and use a balloon to recover vertically upwards. Blinx can even possibly use the most powerful sweeper, the TS-16000, to launch a giant 16-ton weight in his super/ultimate move.

For his time-manipulating controls/abilities, Blinx would have a meter that fills up when attacking opponents (like how enemies drop Time Crystals when defeated in his games). When filled, Blinx can use a single time ability with one of his special moves such as Fast Forward (a quick, invincible dash), Record (summon a green clone/duplicate of himself that mimics his actions for 8 seconds), Slow (a counter similar to Bayonetta's Witch Time), Pause (works the best for his super/ultimate move), etc.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
My turn

JOB 1: Main Game Roster
44(same number as Brawl's)

JOB 2:Classic and Modern Fighter
Classic:Rash - Battletoads
Moden:Arkannon - Age of Mythologies(Age of Empires Spinoff)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Okay I think we have enough for now

It's Voting Time!!!!!!

Voting options for Job 1:
48(CheeseAnton)
35( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
44(Me)

Voting options for Job 2:

Classic:
Joanna Dark(Darkonedagger)
Conker (DragonRobotKing26)
Doomguy(YoshiandToad)
Crash Bandicoot(tonygameman)
Rash(Me)

Modern:
Master Chief(Darkonedagger)
Tracer(DragonRobotKing26)
Ori(CheeseAnton)
Steve(YoshiandToad)
Blinx(tonygameman)
Arkannon(Me)

Now here will be how voting works. For Modern and Classic you can vote for your top three on each category. But you can self vote only in Third Place. Job 1 is the same but only with two.(1st is 3,2 is 2 and 3 is 1)

Like this:
Classic and Modern Voting:

Classic:
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Doomguy
  3. Rash
Modern:
  1. Master Chief
  2. Steve
  3. Arkannon
So have fun!

D

Deleted member

1. 44
2. 48
3. 35

1. Doomguy
2. Crash
3. Joanna

1. Steve
2. Tracer
3. Chief

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. 44
2. 35
3. 48

1. Rash
2. Joanna
3. Crash

1. Master Chief
2. Ori
3. Blinx

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
And voting is over now. Let's see the results!

JOB 1 Results:
48 fighters - 11 votes
35 fighters - 8 votes
44 fighters - 17 votes
This means that there will be 44 fighters in the main game roster!
JOB 2 Results:
Classic:
Joanna Dark - 3 votes
Conker - 6 votes
Doomguy - 14 votes
Crash Bandicoot - 11 votes
Rash - 10 votes
Doomguy is our new classic rep!
Modern:
Master Chief - 19 votes
Tracer - 3 votes
Ori - 4 votes
Steve - 10 votes
Blinx - 6 votes
Arkannon - 1 vote
Master Chief is our new modern rep!

NOW it is time for JOB 3: What will our game be called?
and
JOB 4: Submit a Moveset to Banjo-Kazooie

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job 3: XTreme Powers Collide
Sure. Sneaks in both of Microsoft’s main platforms, XBox and PCs.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 3: Xbox All-Stars:Super Showdown

for job 4,i don't know how the moveset gameplay would be,if it's the same as smash or PS all-stars or nick all-star brawl or a different gameplay

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ryu is a bonafide XBox character due to its unparalleled status as a crossover character. He can and has the right to crossover with any sort of media whether it be with Capcom, Fortnite, XBox, Sega, Harry Potter, Walmart, or US Department of Defense. He has full diplomatic passage as Mr. Crossover. I dare say, his inclusion is far more important than Master Chief who is, if I may remind everyone, not Mr. Crossover. Not Master Crossover. Nor Crossover Chief.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Ryu is a bonafide XBox character due to its unparalleled status as a crossover character. He can and has the right to crossover with any sort of media whether it be with Capcom, Fortnite, XBox, Sega, Harry Potter, Walmart, or US Department of Defense. He has full diplomatic passage as Mr. Crossover. I dare say, his inclusion is far more important than Master Chief who is, if I may remind everyone, not Mr. Crossover. Not Master Crossover. Nor Crossover Chief.
Enough games have Ryu, let it be. Also thought you meant Hayabusa at first, the superior Ryu.
E: probably a joke from another thread. Don’t worry about me.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Now I think enough time has passed for Job 3

So now it's voting time!

Voting Options:
Microsoft All Stars Battle(Tankman from Newgrounds)
Microsoft XBout(YoshiandToad)
X-Treme Powers Collide(AlRex)
X-Box All Stars Super Showdown((DragonRobotKing26)
X-Box Clashdown(Me)

Vote for your top two and remember to self vote in last place for voting

Have fun!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
For those who need help with the moveset ideas here is a basic outline

Basic Playstyle
Basic Moves
Special Moves
Idle, Entrance, Taunt and Victory Animations
Victory Jingle

(For those wondering on Palette Swaps those will be a seperate job)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
O.K. I think that's enough voting for now and here are the results:
Microsoft All Stars Battle - 1 vote
Microsoft XBout - 4 votes
Xtreme Powers Collide - 0 votes
Xbox All Star Super Star Showdown - 3 votes
Xbox Clashdown - 4 votes

Hmm... so it is a tie. Not sure what to do for ties now but I'll just give to YoshiandToad and say that:The Name of the Game is Microsoft Xbout!!

And remember you can still submit a moveset for Banjo - Kazooie.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
O.K. I think that's enough voting for now and here are the results:
Microsoft All Stars Battle - 1 vote
Microsoft XBout - 4 votes
Xtreme Powers Collide - 0 votes
Xbox All Star Super Star Showdown - 3 votes
Xbox Clashdown - 4 votes

Hmm... so it is a tie. Not sure what to do for ties now but I'll just give to YoshiandToad and say that:The Name of the Game is Microsoft Xbout!!

And remember you can still submit a moveset for Banjo - Kazooie.
Typically voting lasts longer than 3 hours as to give people enough time to vote.

Also, for ties, typically a tiebreaker is done. Sometimes you gotta think this stuff through before jumping into it blindly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom