• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu Monthly - Brawl/Melee/PM - March 16th, 2013 - Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Master WGS

Smash Lord
It fills me with great pain to state that NOhio has come back with a vengeance. People didn't properly plan, work schedules conflicted, and gas is expensive. We will not be attending this tournament. :( :( :( :( <- That's all of our faces right now.

Congratulations to Dr. PP in advanced, sorry we weren't there to heckle your foes.

VGVideoGalaxy

Smash Rookie
Nice! Xenforo. My forum uses this and it is awesome! Anyway, back on topic:

I do have another Wii with a broken DVD Drive, so I use a USB Loader on it. Do you accept USB Loading Wiis or is that a no?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Venue opens: 10am
Project M/Brawl Doubles Signups- 11:00am

Harlem Shake Video- 11:30am
Project M/Brawl
Melee/Brawl Doubles Starts- 12pm
Melee Doubles Signups- 12:30pm
Melee Doubles Starts: 2pm
Brawl/Project M Singles Signups- 2:30pm
Brawl Singles Starts/Project M Singles Starts- 3:30pm (at this point, people can get a break for food. If you can get lunch before you come, that is also recommended.) (make sure if you're only doing singles you are here on-time.)
Melee Singles Signups: 4:30pm
Melee Singles: 5pm
Tournament ends: When Melee Completes

Top 4 for each singles will happen at the end

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
DON'T FORGET TO BRING FULL SETUPS OR SYSTEMS. FIRST 10 FULL SETUPS GET $5 OFF. AFTER WE RUN OUT OF FULL SETUPS TO DISCOUNT THE FIRST SYSTEMS WILL GET THE DISCOUNT

also don't forget to bring props for the Harlem Shake vid

Bones0

Smash Legend
Harlem Shake should happen at the end when we have mad people and everyone's hyped (and you can do it during dinner-time food break to ensure you aren't wasting time). Just a suggestion though. I'm so hyped. I'll probably be waiting outside the venue right at 10. XD

What's the setup situation looking like with all these games? I am bringing a TV if I didn't say earlier, btw.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
We have 10 of our own tvs. We want to have 8 setups for Melee 8 setups for Brawl and 6 for PM

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
If you need help with anything then call me: 443-370-2042

HAT

Smash Ace
I demand money matches. Who wants to money match me? The following people are invited to play me. For money. I'm calling you out. You will lose to me. I guarantee it. $10.

Melee:
Bones
Wenbo
CTL
Nintendude
GIMR
Wenz
Redd

Project M:
mew2king
dr pp
chillin
cyrain (if you come)
redd

Also, I am not going to stay at this tournament all ****ing night. If I see anybody running any tournament inefficiently, I'm going to step in. I will do better than you. I've been doing this longer than you.

Finally, let's see if we can get some region and skill appropriate seeding! MD/VA has always been a pathetic mess of seeding inadequacy. I can help..but I need someone who knows recent placement better than I.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
hey jesse want to money match?
Not particularly, because I'm already wasting money in gas. I let my parents borrow my car so they could go to FL on the cheap and forgot that I wanted to go here.

I'm down for some friendlies though

Also, I'll be bringing a full setup (CRT, Wii, P:M/Brawl)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Sorry no way I can go now. Lol. HAT I don't really play PM but I'd do that I guess. Thanks for the future donation to get me to evo. ;)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So if all goes as planned I will be coming to this with a full set up for brawl/project m :D

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lololol old account gogogogo

also I will be in attendance, although maybe just for singles unless there is someone who particularly wants to team

Zeros

Smash Cadet
Yooo, I plan on bringing both a Wii and a Gamecube but I only have one TV and its a Flat Screne. However Kaiten/KCCloud (Man Changes his name sometimes, It happens) warned me that any TVs other than CRTs (The Old Super Clunky TVs that I personally hate for being Old and Super Clunky) tend to Lag a few frames while playing intense games like Melee. My TV is a 60hz Flat Screen with 480i HD on it so it would probably be *Perfect* for Project M since the Wii is a 480i System. But if for any reason all the PM Settups get locked down early, would there be any problems using my TV for Melee? Or would there be a problem with that? Hoping for a quick reply, so I know if I should pack this thing or not.

My Apologies in advance, I know its late. --10:37 PM--

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Yooo, I plan on bringing both a Wii and a Gamecube but I only have one TV and its a Flat Screne. However Kaiten/KCCloud (Man Changes his name sometimes, It happens) warned me that any TVs other than CRTs (The Old Super Clunky TVs that I personally hate for being Old and Super Clunky) tend to Lag a few frames while playing intense games like Melee. My TV is a 60hz Flat Screen with 480i HD on it so it would probably be *Perfect* for Project M since the Wii is a 480i System. But if for any reason all the PM Settups get locked down early, would there be any problems using my TV for Melee? Or would there be a problem with that? Hoping for a quick reply, so I know if I should pack this thing or not.

My Apologies in advance, I know its late. --10:37 PM--
Generally there's an input lag with flat panel TV's, and ghosting is an issue, but some are perfectly playable. Get one of the heads to test it out.

(Note: I'm not running anything in this tournament. This is just a generalization)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Vgvideogalaxy- usb loader is fine. We actually may want 8 brawl setups for pools.

Hat- I'm to'ing, so nothing to worry about. I might even enter melee

Everyone else- that means we might need a few tvs, so if you have some please bring a few.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Zeros- there is always lag on an LCD usually due to upscaling of the image to a larger screen. You can bring it along, but it will end up being a friendly setup. No players will want to chance it.

Top Bottom