• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X Games Tourney Results/ Neo's Victory Dance here!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fun times. Good seeing everyone. Wish I could've entered singles or doubles, but work got in the way. Ohs wells.

:018:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
1. Vinnie ($180)

Good seeing you again, bro. Keep up the good work at these things.

2. vVv ESAM ($90)

Good seeing you again. We should've talked more and actually played.

4. NEO (forfeit) ($36)

Good job, and good seeing you again. It sucks that you got taken out the way you did, I think you could've gone all the way.

9. Mekos

Good bracket match. Thanks for taking me to McDonald's.

9. Pink Fresh

Good seeing you again, bro.

13. Luckay4Lyphe

Good seeing you. You need to use upsmash more. :awesome:

13. EEvisu

Good seeing and playing with you, Phil.

13. Speed

Hey Speed, Kels is mine at Apex. :troll:

17. Kaffei

Good seeing you. Wario isn't that great. :O

17. isuck

Good seeing you and talking about old times. I'll never live that loss down!

17. Bloodynite

Good talk, man.

17. Smokeybear

Good matches.

25. Bobby

Good seeing you again. Keep on coming out.

25. Aposl

Good seeing you again.

25. Snack Attack

You're bad... the worst around! :awesome:

TKO: Good seeing you again. Like I said before, get on MW3 some more.

Whoever helped: Good **** guys, fun event.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
good stuff speed and everyone else. I had planned to come to this with nova....but nova got caught with yardwork so I had no ride lol. Hopefully I'll see you all at apeckz :p

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Just means you darkies will require a few extra lashes to get the cotton picking finished.

:017:
-cackling-

Thanks for all the shoutouts everybody it was a fun tourney, I enjoy Brawl way more when I just don't give a ****.

"Send this ***** back to the fields!" - EE

The ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's not necessarily carpal tunnal. It could be just a strained forearm. Same thing happened to me last year--I overworked my arms from typing/animating/gaming too much in one week. We all have our limits.

I have stretches that I do daily (although not as often as I used to), and now I use a vertical mouse to alleviate pressure on my wrist and forearm when I use computers. It's been a TREMENDOUS help.

Coney

Smash Master
one of the first tourneys in a long time where i wasn't ultra salty after losing. just got straight outplayed.

had a great time seeing everyone once again and actually playing up to my standards...except against vinnie. been way too long since i've played against ICs, probably should've taken a breather before that set.

was great to play neo in a tourney set finally, was sad at first because we play now, at a time where both of us were way out of practice, but then both him and i did really well so i felt way better

junebug and i will never, ever, ever have a legit set

see you guys at apex :colorful:

Vinnie

Smash Master
1. Vinnie :gw: :popo: :peach: ($180) yay (btw I won with :popo::peach:)
2. vVv ESAM :pikachu2: :popo: ($90) good job finally beating m2k. I'll upload the video soon.
3. Mew2King :metaknight: ($54) Good job on top 3. Gj sending me to losers'.
4. NEO :marth: (forfeit) ($36) unfortunate that your hand cramped up. Hopefully one day we can have a legit set!
5. Coney :dedede: <333 fnb, gj on top 5, especially beating neo and june! Can't wait for apex~
5. dabuz :olimar: Everyone has bad days. Hard to be consistent in brawl in general. Dabuzknight was not terrible.
7. Junebug :lucario: My bad in doubles. I definitely feel like the biggest scrub after directly costing us both sets by suiciding. I'll practice g&w a lot more before apex.
7. Logic :olimar: gj on top 8, nice event as well. Gj vs m2k, don't choke next time!
9. Will :dk2: gj on top 2 in doubles. Thanks for helping me drive. It was a really fun weekend imo. :)
9. Mekos :lucas: gj in doubles, impressive. Glad we cleared things up. Lucas MK is not close to even. >_>
9. Lie :diddy: blah, sucks we didn't do that $50 mm. ICs are kinda gay, sorry lol.
9. Pink Fresh :lucas: fnb~~~ thanks for supporting me, Marcus! Can't wait for apex!
13. Luckay4Lyphe :pit: :pikachu2: fun set, game 1 was hype, great job!
13. EEvisu :metaknight: fun seeing ya phil.
13. Archie :random: nice seeing you again.
13. Speed :sonic: Was the floor comfortable? (smirk2) fnb!!!
17. Poyo :kirby2: :metaknight: nice talking to you, fun mm.
17. Kaffei :metaknight: nice seeing you again kaffei! <3
17. isuck :random:
17. Bloodynite :ganondorf: game 2 vs coney was soooooo hype. Nice seeing you again!
17. Kirin :random: fun weekend =0 the best part was the part with judo and the horse and the spear. :3
17. Smokeybear :random: hi, gj vs logic!
17. Serynder :random:
17. SSR :peach: didn't get to talk much this time around, but hi!
25. Killanator :random: nice seeing you again, see you at apex!
25. Bobby :random:
25. Aposl :squirtle: :charizard: nice chatting, fun tournament!
25. PMJ3 :snake:
25. Bzzy :random:
25. Snack Attack :wario: nice seeing you again snack!
25. Zanna :random:
25. Tiger :random: nice seeing you again
33. 2fast :mario2: you were here??? i wanted to meet you!
33. shadowxzfury :random:
33. noah :random:
33. Jrugs :snake: fun MMs and tourney set. see you at apex.

TK - FNB <3 see you at apex yo! It was fun hanging out with you, I'm glad I'm now confirmed as the best Ivysaur in MD/VA :)
Punishment Divine - Your humor is amazing, I can never stop laughing when we hang out! Fun weekend :)

sorry if I forgot anyone that didn't enter :/

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
It's not necessarily carpal tunnal. It could be just a strained forearm. Same thing happened to me last year--I overworked my arms from typing/animating/gaming too much in one week. We all have our limits.

I have stretches that I do daily (although not as often as I used to), and now I use a vertical mouse to alleviate pressure on my wrist and forearm when I use computers. It's been a TREMENDOUS help.
It runs all the way up to my shoulder and back, and affects both arms.

If anyone thinks I'm lying or faking they can feel free to watch it live on stream replay lol.

EDIT:

1. Dabuz knight is awful :eek:

2. Dabuz didn't have a bad day, he did the same thing he always does.
- Run away
- Not adapt to match-up specifics
- Spam Pikmin toss, Pivot grab, U-smash OOS & Shield grab
- Use the same strategy he always does (see #2)

It just happened to not work this one time. No worries Dabuz, I'm sure your one-dimensional gameplan will do you just fine @ Apex. Don't worry about losing to me at a local once, I'm honestly not that good it was just a fortunate day. :laugh: :joyful: :laugh: :joyful: :laugh: :joyful:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
33! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk Im am super duper pissed but altogether an educational tourney and I leaned alot.

zmx

Smash Lord
just watched esam vs m2k. wow, not only was esam playing like a monster but m2k was playing like a downy matches 1 and 2.
Wait, the videos have been posted? Can you link them please?

Especially want to see Neo vs Dabuz.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I didn't say anything about a disease chill. I'm talking about muscle spasms in the arm. Lie and I also get it. Sorry to offend u. That was not based on facts. I've just personally noticed it in alot of blacks. lol based on a small sample of the MD/VA community(and me). I think lie, neo, and I are the only ones to get it. And we black son! haha

I have had a disease attack and almost kill me. After that attack, my arm now muscle spasms if not handled properly or too stressed. It sucks! :(
yo just because i don't lay emoticons or exaggerated punctuation in my post doesn't mean i'm not aite, i was cool lol

and yeah it's weird that all three ppl that are known to have this in the smash community are black lol

Aposl

Smash Ace
glad to see that for the most part everyone had a good time. Had a double shift today and another tommorow so if this thread needs any updates let me know and I will get to it at some point after I recover from working 30 = hours in 2 days. Night yall!!

D

Deleted member

No worries Dabuz, I'm sure your one-dimensional gameplan will do you just fine @ Apex.
be honest about what kind of beast you're working with. most chars in this game are linear as **** that live/die by spamming their best strategy. especially olimar.

phil you're my favorite field monkey. too bad i missed you @ the event.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
this thread needs to be filled with more posts of

NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Watched the stream archive. When I saw Neo's hand cramp up I was like D: Good stiff to everyone

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
1. Vinnie ($180) - Good job winning, those ICs bout to be invincible. I was pretty hyped about getting you to last stock, but I should have calmed down when nana died and took it slow. Also not going to use a counterpick on people who can use mk from now on.

2. vVv ESAM ($90) - Wanted to MM you, but whatevs. Good job winning doubles and beating m2k.

3. Mew2King ($54) - Probably a bad day for you. You got this next time though.

4. NEO (forfeit) ($36) - Sucks about your condition, you **** so hard. You got that flow chart down though, and the Smash dance of 2011. :awesome:

5. Coney - I reall wish I beat will so I could have play you in tourney again, I feel I wouldve done better than seagull's tourney.

5. dabuz - Thanks for teaching me to play the olimar matchup better.

7. Junebug - Yo you lucky you had to go to tant's party or I woulda took yo money.

9. Will - Fun set, the Will matchup is 10x harder than the DK matchup lol. Glad I won that salty MM.

9. Mekos - Doubles god, no doubt.

9. Lie - Don't know what happened to you here lol.

9. Pink Fresh - Good seeing you again, we need to play again, don't think we've played since Pound.

13. Luckay4Lyphe - I know you can do better.

13. EEvisu - We seem to be getting the same placing recently lol.

13. Speed - Good seeing you again. REVIVE MEEE

17. Kaffei - Fun set, I got luckay though, you were ****** me in friendlies beforehand.

17. Smokeybear - wiimote sucks tho

25. Aposl - Nicely run tourney.

25. Snack Attack - Good seeing ya, you'll get that usmash one day.

25. Zanna - Nice tourney set, you got a great snake, I just know the matchup too well.

25. Tiger - Good seeing you again caitie.

33. 2fast - Those doubles after the tourney were pretty hype.

33. Jrugs - ay pull up yo pants tho

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
5. Coney - gas station hype
5. dabuz -oli is 2 legit
7. Junebug - thanks for the MU help
7. Logic - oli is evil
9. Will - only 1 match =(
13. Luckay4Lyphe - best pit ever but you still suck as pikachu =P
13. EEvisu - free money
13. Archie - gg in tourney
13. Speed - sonic is to legit
17. Poyo - MM?
17. Kaffei - gg and nice seein you again
17. Smokeybear - <3
25. Killanator - NICE YOSHI
25. Bobby - gg
25. Aposl - i didnt get to play you at this tourney but next time we fight i will be the winner
25. Bzzy - yoshi is a boss
25. Snack Attack - gg in tourney
25. Zanna - yoshi is a boss
33. 2fast - BUST OUT THE MARIO MORE
33. Jrugs - gg with your snake keep at it

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Sorry im doing these shoutouts so late but i actually just got out of the hospital and I've been feeling like ****

ANYWAY

1. Vinnie ($180)- good stuff man but its a shame i couldn't get a friendly with ya
2. vVv ESAM ($90)- Y U MAKE ME LAUGH DURING MY MATCH VS CONEY
3. Mew2King ($54)-Random thunderstomp spike and ganoncide say hi
5. Coney- game 2 man.... FREAKING GAME 2 MAN
5. dabuz- ITS FREAKING 95-5 YOU WEEFEE SCROOB. also your falcon is bad and you should feel bad
7. Junebug- haven't seen you in a long time man. that match with mekos though was HYPE
9. Will- fun friendlies man shame we only did a few matches but still they were nice and dubz was just downright lolzy
9. Lie- i can't seem to find the 5 bucks you gave me for gas money...
13. Luckay4Lyphe -STAY FREE
13. EEvisu- i still don't get how that sd on delfino worked....
13. Speed- oh man it was good seeing you again man
17. Poyo- good stuff man but Y U RAGE AFTER GANONCIDE!?!?!?! ITS FREAKING GANON YOU CAN EASILY MAKE A COMBACK WITH A SIMPLE GIMP
17. Bloodynite- Oh 17th place... how much I have missed you.... never leave me again <3
17. Kirin-heh those dubz matches sure were weird
17. Serynder- Y U NO REST WITH PUFF
25. Snack Attack- you were right man
25. Tiger-shame there was no mid tier dubz and we didn't really get any friendlies =|

I WANT MY SET VS CONEY UP ALREADY D:

Vist

Smash Champion
Aposl - Thanks for hosting dude. The venue was pretty legit.

GGs to everyone I played. Nice to see so many old faces again.

BTW I think the expanded placings for melee were like

1. Cactuar :foxmelee:
2. Vist :luigimelee:
3. M2K (DQ'd) :randombrawl:
4. HAT :sheikmelee: / :foxmelee: / :marthmelee:
5. Velocity :drmario:
5. Wenbo? :foxmelee: / :falconmelee:
7. Sypher :foxmelee:
7. ?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I got 5th? Haha
The bracket was pretty whack so whatever <_< I don't know why we didn't use tio on my laptop actually ... although I don't know if it could've handled recording + tio at the same time

Also Vist I might have more matches of you but I can't tell <_< did you play spacies vs Velocity at any point / did you play him in losers?

Vist

Smash Champion
I got 5th? Haha
The bracket was pretty whack so whatever <_< I don't know why we didn't use tio on my laptop actually ... although I don't know if it could've handled recording + tio at the same time

Also Vist I might have more matches of you but I can't tell <_< did you play spacies vs Velocity at any point / did you play him in losers?
Yeah, I think you got 5th b/c you played HAT just before he played me I think... I could be wrong though

Also, yea I played Velocity in losers before I played HAT. The actual set was only Luigi vs Doc and friendlies I did some spacies vs doc / falco maybe a luigi vs falco.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Somehow I missed you and Velocity on the upload ... I'll do that later haha
Bug me if it's not up and you want to see it

Top Bottom