• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF? - Ledge get up to counter. Is this Jank?

BoGardFurY

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,

I have a simple question, what is going on here? https://youtu.be/P9ZmwnFjNhQ?t=266

I recorded the replay, timestamped it so you don't have to sit through it. I'm just curious, wtf is going on here? I have some idea about being invincible from get up, but it looks like the KKR counter comes out at like 1-2 frames? Is that just how fast that move is? Any input or thoughts about this would be helpful. Thanks!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Hello everyone,

I have a simple question, what is going on here? https://youtu.be/P9ZmwnFjNhQ?t=266

I recorded the replay, timestamped it so you don't have to sit through it. I'm just curious, wtf is going on here? I have some idea about being invincible from get up, but it looks like the KKR counter comes out at like 1-2 frames? Is that just how fast that move is? Any input or thoughts about this would be helpful. Thanks!
Most counters come out quickly but have a long time before the first active frame after, yeah.

Also, keep in mind Ultimate's buffer system allows you to press and hold a move and it'll come out as soon as it's possible, meaning the KKR could've pressed left to get up, then immediately held down+B, since he saw the charge was happening (and Aether doesn't have the fastest startup, either).

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Gut Check off the ledge is a good mixup tool and is deceptively fast. Invulnerability frames begin on Frame 4 and end on 15, before Counter frames come out on Frames 5 - 28.

The issue is that the endlag is half a second after this, thus leaving you super vulnerable.

Top Bottom