• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WSG Presents: Nice Dodge There #:3 Results (2/15/14)

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
With 54 unique players in attendance, and 32 entrants for Project M and 30 for Melee, this was our largest and most successful tournament yet. There were some notable setbacks, but on the whole we feel that this was another successful event. Thanks a bunch to everyone who came out, including all the players we'd never met before. Now, on to the results:

Brawl Doubles: 4 Teams ($80 pot)
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/A0R4GDx.gif

1: Twig and S2 (:wario:+:dk2:) ($60)
2: Kero and Amida (:olimar:+:snake:) ($20)
3: Mister Eric and Ogie (:rob:+:metaknight:)
4: Shadow the Past and SP (:gw:+:metaknight:)

Brawl Singles: 15 Entrants ($150 pot)
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/bKMdgOE.gif

1: Kero :olimar: ($60)
2: Twig:wario:($45)
3: Mister Eric:rob:/:popo:($30)
4: SP~:metaknight:($15)
5: Shadow the Past:metaknight:
5: Kryp :pit:
7: Amida:snake:
7: A:G~:metaknight:
9: AM
9: ~The Great Mighty Poo~:marth:
9: Ogie~:metaknight:
9: Justin
13: SS|S
13: Drew
13: Jfevr

Melee Singles: 30 Entrants ($300 pot)
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/BBHh3Ky.gif

1: SS|S ($120):jigglypuffmelee:
2: Jiano ($90):falconmelee:
3: Salt ($60) :marthmelee:/:peachmelee:
4: Luigigoshard:luigimelee: ($30)
5: Broverdose:foxmelee:/:sheikmelee:
5: TBG
7: Amida:jigglypuffmelee:
7: Amazerommu
9: Stratorcaster:falcomelee:/:falconmelee:
9: Goodin
9: Mio
9: Phi
13: MagicMan
13: ~The Great Mighty Poo~:marthmelee:
13: Mook
13: Jacob
17: Braden
17: 3Pro
17: Wit
17: Davis
17: Kaiser
17: SP~:foxmelee:
17: I-C:icsmelee:
17: Cantus
25: Dylan
25: Tarchwood
25: Tots
25: Chris
25: Xanthus
25: Tehc

Project M Singles: 32 Entrants ($320 pot)
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/R99IgjW.gif

1: Spec :link2:/:roypm:($154)
2: S2: :diddy: ($71)
3: SS|S :sheik: ($45)
4: Amazerommu:marth:/:zeldamelee: ($26)
5: ~The Great Mighty Poo~ :marth: ($12)
5: Salt ($12):marth:/:peach:
7: Broverdose
7: Aztec:lucario:
9: SP~:wolf:/:fox:
9: Flygon:luigi2:
9: Tots
9: Hoboz:ike:
13: Ttar:pit:
13: A:G~
13: Xanthus:sonic:
13: Phi:charizard:
17: Raioh:lucas:/:zeldamelee:
17: Amida:jigglypuff:
17: Daft:ike:
17: Kaiser
17: Cantus
17: Braden
17: Ogie~:fox:/:falco:
17: Earl:rob:/:peach:

Drowned in Pools:

Loaf
Eggy
Stratorcaster:pit:
Tarchwood
Jfevr
Cody:peach:
Dylan
Dusty

Since I'm really bad at remember people's characters, please let me know if you see a missed character. Once again, thanks to everyone who came out. Keep a look out for the next event (there will be a small monthly in March, and the next regional will probably be in May)

Last edited:

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament! Quick shoutouts: LuigigoShard for being an absolute monster with luigi. You are God's gift to smash and I hope you will grace me with a LuigigoShard autographed controller one day. You are so amazing and you should have won. No worries because you will win Shuffle on Saturday! :) best luigi player in the world and there isn't a close second.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts later, but I have a solitary question that has been nagging at me for a while. Who the hell was playing on the Subspace Emissary? I genuinely want to know the story behind that random set-up on the Scrub TV XD

Edit: Question answered by Shonic; he put it on the SSE as a joke. More mundane than what I had hoped for.

Last edited:

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Lol kodey good **** also good **** to whoever put the vids on youtube prolly the highest quality 3rd person view vids on youtube some very well documented smash for what you were working with!

Last edited:

3Pro

Smash Rookie
This was a fantastic first tournament for me and my buddies. Thank you to everyone that attended and made it an amazing experience!

Shoutouts to everyone who attended! I specifically having some good friendly matches and conversations with Kaiser, Salt, and Xanthus. Also thanks to Amida for introducing us to the community and a very special thanks to everyone at WSG for hosting the event!

Last edited:

almostdaft

Smash Rookie
NNID
skmaynard
3DS FC
4914-3142-0794
This was my first Smash tournament, about a three hour drive for me. Worth it.

Will they be any way we can watch what was streamed soon?

Agent:Guilt~

Smash Cadet
NNID
ImAgentGuilt
This was my first Smash tournament, about a three hour drive for me. Worth it.

Will they be any way we can watch what was streamed soon?
I'm about 90% sure that since WSG hasn't enabled saving their streams to past broadcasts that there will be no way to view what was streamed.
I'm of course assuming none of the five viewers recorded it.

Agent:Guilt~

Smash Cadet
NNID
ImAgentGuilt
Also I'd like to say I really enjoyed this tourney despite my Brawl BFFs not having such a good time.
I enjoyed P:M for whatever reason and even got second seed in my pool, just like in Brawl.
I'm also pretty sure I went 2-2 in sets in both tourneys.
Salty about always fighting Kero soooo early though..
Also ~ eliminated the **** out of ~ at this tourney. XD
~ 4 lyfe

Shock4878

Smash Rookie
I was recording the stream but it's too much of a mess to try and correct. The streaming quality was set far too high for the bandwidth being streamed on and as a result it was like watching a picture slideshow the entire time without sound.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
If Melee top 8 would've been streamed, it would've got way more than 5 views just saying. I had more than 5 people watching all of my matches standing behind me. Grand finals half the venue was behind Jiano and Soft

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
I let you guys down in Brawl grand finals if you were hoping for a really close set sorry about that. I was a bit disappointed in myself there and have something else to improve on now though. Onward to the shout-outs though!

1. KERO - My first victory against you in a bracket set and I'm pretty proud of it. You let me worry about grand finals and you can just ignore it until I can successfully shutdown D3.

2. Twig - Why you no first?

3. Mister Eric - Going D3 when I counter pick Final Destination. ;~;

4. SP~ - First time I've beaten you in bracket before as well. I was on top of my stuff in those matches, good games as always.

5. Shadow the Past - Sorry to hear you were upset about some things. We didn't get to play any friendlies except for all that ridiculous Ganon stuff Mister Eric set up XD

5. Kryp - Best sniper, let's look forward to p:m doubles if we're getting into that.

7. Amida - If you're leaving us for 64/Mario Party then I'm a bit sad to see you go. I'll have to find a way to pick up MP to see more of you if that's the case.

7. A:G~ - You forming a posse? I'm gonna cross the street if I see you walking my way.

9. A.M. - Nice job beating up Kryp in pools because you feel like it I guess.

9. ~The Great Mighty Poo~ - Nice placements. You must really love party games.

9. Ogie ~ - Don't give up you've got potential and all that just gotta push through some more until you unlock it.

9. Justin - My Ike in pools, I was so into it at that point.

13. SS|S - Cool that you entered Brawl even though the other events seem to be what you were here for.

13. Drew - Yo Richmond be bringing in the numbers today.

13. Jfevr - Thanks for letting me borrow your charger at the venue. o3o

S2 - We be running out of doubles like bank robbers.

Kaiser - Glad I self introduced and all that. You're so freaking hype we always need more guys like you at tournament so I hope to see you at other places.

almostdaft

Smash Rookie
NNID
skmaynard
3DS FC
4914-3142-0794
Kaiser - Glad I self introduced and all that. You're so freaking hype we always need more guys like you at tournament so I hope to see you at other places.
I can agree with this. A friend and I thought this guy had some serious passion in him; made us crack up and feel really welcomed to the scene.

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Will edit this post with shoutouts later (got homeworkz to do), but I think I deserve a fat penguin next to my spaceman =x

Shoutoutttts
1: Kero:
Only reason I'm acknowledging your existence is cause KP.

2: Twig: Twiiiiig. My first non-Judo loss since Eric back in July. Good **** man. Also, top 2 in KP again ahh yeah. You may have been nervous cause it was finals and all, but next time, you're definitely gonna be prepared. KP so stronk. Ggs. Keep those wafts coming.

3: Mister Eric: ICE CLIMBERRRRRRS D:< I wanted to see more of that cute robot dude. Regardless, nice to see you again. But I meant what I said, my hands have been through much worse than your ICs (take that however you may). In all seriousness, I do apologize for my outburst. ICs really do get to me, but I should have better been able to better contain myself.

4: SP~: Ggs. Although you may have bested Kryp this time, I'll keep that three stock locked away in my mind forever. Moon Stone will rise again.

5: Shadow the Past: Ggs and whatnot. I enjoyed our friendlies, no matter how silly they got. You're actually really good at gimping Olimar to be honest. Keep at it.

5: Kryp: Needs moar MK. Good stuff regardless, though. Sooooo close to the money. You'll get it next time, though; KP so good.

7: Amida: Always nice seeing you again. I keep saying, though, once you drop at least one of these games (in this case, P:M), you'll have less to worry about in terms of adapting. We still need to do our Oli/Puff mm, though D: (KP so versatile)

Heater: For being there when I needed you most <3

7: A:G~: Look at all dem MKs. It sucks that we consistently play each other every tourney, though. Your MK is definitely improving, though. Still nowhere near KP level; guess you'll have to stick with tilde clan.

9: AM: We didn't talk much and that sucked because we got the coolest hair that venue's ever seeeeeen.

9: ~The Great Mighty Poo~: Despite all that **** talk about Brawl, you still couldn't resist its seductive spell. In all seriousness, it was nice meeting you. Perhaps I've made a few misjudgements....

9: Ogie~: Ggs. Pro-tip if you plan on using Falco against me or any Oli in the future: jab jab jab jab jab. Don't even worry about the CG; it can work once in a while, but you only got until 17%. Just focus on jab and aerials. Don't concentrate too much on camping, either. Good luck with that tilde clan or whatever.

S2: Dat 9-wind. It will forever haunt my nightmares. Truly, my greatest failure as a player.

TTar/Hoboz: I'm sure you're all well-aware of the complaints regarding the tourney, but despite my own reservations regarding how things were run, I will once again state that I really appreciate you guys running the tourney; not every tourney is gonna leave everyone happy, but as you all have stated, we'll learn from the errors made, and hopefully the next tourney will be able to better accommodate everyone, whether they play Melee, Brawl, P:M, or all three.

KP's legacy is only just beginning. With top 2 in KP for two KY tournies in a row, our future is looking bright.

Last edited:

kaiser513

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts!

Twig- You have an awesome beard!! it was a pleasure to meet you, and i hope ill see you again. btw your wario is freakn nasty

Daft- I'm really glad that you and Aztec drove all the way out from WV so i got meet you guys. Look forward to seeing you again!

Aztec- That lucario is ******** good. Especially for NDT3 being your first tourney. Well done sir.

Jiano- Your Falcon is disgusting....... Stoked to see how high you place at Shuffle. I'm gonna try to be there to cheer you on.

Luigigoshard- It's great to see how much your luigi has improved and how much you woop ass on high tiers with him. Hopefully we can get some friendlies in at SHUFFLE!

Broverdose- You're like the coolest dude ever. It was an honor to get owned by you in fox dittos lol.

Geordie- I saw your falcon for the first time and you were puttin some SERIOUS work in. im bummed i didnt get to see any of your matches in bracket. Im sure there was mad ****.

Zero- It was great to finally hang out again, I really appreciate you cheering me on in my matches!! This weekend is gonna be the ****.

Amida- You wooped my ass and i had a really fun time playing you. which is a testament to how swell of a guy you are. i want in on the next mario party money match with you and Shonic!

Magic- I love how developed your marth is even with lack of tournament experience. You taught me a lot about marth dittos, I hope to see you again at Parallel next month!

I wanna add that I ****ing the louisville smash scene. youre a great group of guys in regards to your smash game and youre coolness. And anybody who's ANYBODY will be at the next event at Parallel Worlds.

Xanthus- I love that yoshi man, and you did a hell of a job documenting melee finals. And i appreciate you getting some footage from one of Phi's PM matches. We really got a kick outta that ha.

I-C and his whole crew- It was crazy watching you guys improve so much as the day went on. I hope you guys keep practicing and coming out to midwest tourneys. We will stay in touch!!

Tred

Smash Rookie
My friends and I really enjoyed coming here as our first tournament and we hope to continue in the smash community. Thanks to all the older guys giving tips and helping us out.
If someone could send me links to upcoming tournaments i would be grateful.

Top Bottom