• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Write your own tier list

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
In this forum i wanted to give people creative freedom to write their own tier list. The rules are simple. Write the characters in order by your viability opinion. Feel free to omit any characters you want to. Do not however mistake this for an official poll.

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
this is going to start a flame war nice conversation

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Alright, here is my SSB4 list. It changed slightly from the last time I posted my personal lists.
*Top*
S :4bayonetta::4cloud:
A+ :4diddy::4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4fox::4sonic:
A- :4mewtwo::4mario::4marth::4corrin::4ryu:
*High*
B :4lucina::4metaknight::4pikachu::4luigi::4peach::4falcon::4lucario::4olimar:
C:4dk:(:4tlink::4greninja::4megaman::4ness::4villager:):4bowser:
*Middle*
D+ :4duckhunt::4link:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4yoshi::4lucas:
D- :4samus::4shulk::4rob::4robinm::4myfriends::4gaw::4wario:
E :4feroy::4charizard:
*Low*
F :4littlemac::4pacman::4palutena::4falco::4bowserjr::4wiifit:(:4drmario::4kirby:)
G :4ganondorf::4dedede::4miigun::4zelda::4miisword::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl:

Notes:
The placements of the characters in C is volatile. The order shown in the parenthesis is the current order of characters, but it can change order anytime something happens. It can be considered a five-way tie, but it is way too large.
C Tier and E Tier can be considered "Borderline Tier".

Character Specific:
:4ganondorf: Owning to Ganondorf’s better results and representation (such as Adom’s 9th placement on Syndicate 2017) and Dedede’s declining perspective, Ganondorf is ranked as the better super heavyweight.

:4diddy:With ZeRo recently in an indefinite hiatus, Diddy’s results had dropped since then. Diddy remains a top 5 character, but has dropped out of S-tier as a result.

:4samus: Considering her metagame advancements and her strengths in comparison to Shulk, she rose to 35th above Shulk.

:4lucas: His rather large fanbase and theory of the character seems to be the leading factor to his rise to high tier in the official list. His performances at tournaments, however, is average at best, as he never got a strong tournament placing ever since Taiheita's 17th at Super Smash Con 2016, and his results and representation are noticeably inferior to his counterpart and fellow mid-tier characters like Duck Hunt and Link. Taiheita, while performed very well in 2016, struggles to keep up with his inconsistent attendance and results in 2017, which caused a drop in Lucas results. In 2018, Lucas's results dropped off again, especially since Taiheita didn't compete in any tournaments since November 2017, while Ness has so far achieved better results in Japan than Lucas, most notably at EVO Japan 2018 where taranito placed 17th. This, combined with his glaring weaknesses, caused him to get the largest drop on the list. He is basically written off as "Yoshi 2.0": people overthink Lucas's strength and overlook his weaknesses too much though. It can't be said when you have a character that people claims that it has potential yet doesn't receive any notable wins and placings at all outside of one point.

:4bowser: He possesses merely average results outside of Nairo’s counterpick, with solo Bowser players making not as much impact in tournaments, especially in comparison to DK. In comparison to DK, Bowser has more landing options (though still laggy and predictable) and a larger grab range, but is much more reliant on grabs and his defense game is bad for a high tier character. With Nairo not using Bowser as often anymore in tournament, he dropped to the bottom of high tier, still very respectable.

Last edited:

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here is my SSB4 list. It changed slightly from the last time I posted my personal lists.
*Top*
A+ :4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4sonic::4fox::4zss:
A- :4mario::4mewtwo::4marth::4ryu:
*High*
B :4corrin::4lucina::4metaknight::4pikachu::4luigi::4peach::4falcon::4lucario::4olimar:
*Middle*
*Low*
F :4littlemac::4pacman::4palutena::4falco::4bowserjr::4wiifit:(:4drmario::4kirby:)

Notes:
The placements of the characters in C is volatile. The order shown in the parenthesis is the current order of characters, but it can change order anytime something happens. It can be considered a five-way tie, but it is way too large.
C Tier and E Tier are considered "Borderline Tier".

Character Specific:
:4ganondorf: Owning to Ganondorf’s better results and representation (such as Adom’s 9th placement on Syndicate 2017) and Dedede’s declining perspective, Ganondorf is ranked as the better super heavyweight.

:4diddy:With ZeRo recently in an indefinite hiatus, Diddy’s results had dropped since then. Diddy remains a top 5 character, but has dropped out of S-tier as a result.

:4samus: Considering her metagame advancements and her strengths in comparison to Shulk, she rose to 35th above Shulk.

:4lucas: His rather large fanbase and theory of the character seems to be the leading factor to his rise to high tier in the official list. His performances at tournaments, however, is average at best, as he never got a strong tournament placing ever since Taiheita's 17th at Super Smash Con 2016, and his results and representation are noticeably inferior to his counterpart and fellow mid-tier characters like Duck Hunt and Link. Taiheita, while performed very well in 2016, struggles to keep up with his inconsistent attendance and results in 2017, which caused a drop in Lucas results. In 2018, Lucas's results dropped off again, especially since Taiheita didn't compete in any tournaments since October 2017, while Ness has so far achieved better results in Japan than Lucas, most notably at EVO Japan where taranito placed 17th. This, combined with his glaring weaknesses, caused him to get the largest drop on the list. He is basically written off as "Yoshi 2.0": people overthink Lucas's strength and overlook his weaknesses too much though. It can't be said when you have a character that people claims that it has potential yet doesn't receive any notable wins and placings at all outside of one point.

:4bowser: He possesses merely average results outside of Nairo’s counterpick, with solo Bowser players making not as much impact in tournaments, especially in comparison to DK. In comparison to DK, Bowser has more landing options (though still laggy and predictable) and a larger grab range, but is much more reliant on grabs and his defense game is bad for a high tier character. With Nairo not using Bowser as often anymore in tournament, he dropped to the bottom of high tier, still very respectable.
Rosalina above Sheik? Sonic above Fox? Why? Also Mewtwo should be above Mario, as the Mario meta is stagnant, and his high placement is only because he is one of the most played characters in Smash 4. Ryu and Corrin should be switched as well, as Corrin does far better in today's meta. Other than those little personal nitpicks, I agree with this tier list. Oh, and Toon Link should be B-Tier, he does really well in Japan, and his theory is crazy to the point where ZeRo, ESAM, Nairo, and a few others believe he is the best zoner in the game, but Olimar mains do better internationally.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Rosalina above Sheik? Sonic above Fox? Why? Also Mewtwo should be above Mario, as the Mario meta is stagnant, and his high placement is only because he is one of the most played characters in Smash 4. Ryu and Corrin should be switched as well, as Corrin does far better in today's meta. Other than those little personal nitpicks, I agree with this tier list. Oh, and Toon Link should be B-Tier, he does really well in Japan, and his theory is crazy to the point where ZeRo, ESAM, Nairo, and a few others believe he is the best zoner in the game, but Olimar mains do better internationally.
Opps, I forgot to switch ZSS and Sonic / Rosalina and Sheik back. XD (I copypasted it from my previous personal tier lists and forgot to change that)
I might bring Corrin to top tier tbh, but I think Ryu should still be top tier for now. I guess you are right about Mario vs Mewtwo, but those two positions are volatile.
TL may very well be in B tier in time, but right now not yet.
The_Bookworm The_Bookworm

What large fanbase are you referring to? I was always curious when you brought that up.
Long story short: look the comment section of Lucas based YouTube videos, and look at Twitch chat whenever a Lucas or Ness appears on stream on a major.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I suspect Samus will be moving up in the next tier list. She's been making it in the top 33, but she still needs to make top 32.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Why is Brawler worse than Puff? If Brawler had a half decent recovery, then he would be a low-tier/mid-tier no doubt.
Recovery is actually one of Brawler's weakest points, as Soaring Axe Kick only snags the ledge at the peak of the move and it doesn't provide any significant upward distance. Brawler's strongest points is having alright mobility and low percent combos but that is really it. Either way, having a half decent recovery alone doesn't automatically make you higher ranked. If that logic is used, then Zelda and Dedede would be mid/high tier.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
Mine is here. Characters are listed in the order I believe them to be in. Feel free to comment. https://imgur.com/gallery/aFm5Ql1

Red is top tier
Orange is high tier
Yellow is between high and mid
Green is Mid tier
Blue is low tier
Purple is bottom tier

My thoughts on this:

Every tier except low and bottom are generally expanded from what you would normally see.

Cloud and Bayo are essentually tied but I put cloud slightly higher.

Mario got a boost due to his Bayo and Cloud matchups being decent.

Lucas racks damage and KO's decently boosting him above Ness.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Mine is here. Characters are listed in the order I believe them to be in. Feel free to comment.

Red is top tier
Orange is high tier
Green is Mid tier
Blue is low tier
Purple is bottom tier

My thoughts on this:

Every tier except low and bottom are generally expanded from what you would normally see.

I don't see your tier list??

Mario vs Cloud/Bayo is decent? Imo, Mario is pretty bad against Bayonetta and Cloud. Mario's mediocre range can easily snuff out Cloud's giant sword and he is pretty much in big disadvantage when handling against campers such as Sonic and a campy Bayo.

I don't get where you said Lucas is superior since he racks damage and KO decently than Ness.

Ness has great raw kill power...so does Lucas. Ness Up-air can rack up good damage and kills opponents early. His bair and nair are fast, disjointed, and powerful aerials that is safe of shield. D-Smash is a good edgeguarding tool as it can easily 2-frame opponents when recovering. His combo game is good as if one mistake were made from the opponent, Ness can quickly make massive damage by his upair and nair strings.

Otherwise, I am fine that you place Lucas superior to Ness but, alongside what you said about Mario vs Cloud/Bayo, you need more beefy evidence to make your argument creditable. But since you are new, Ill take slack. :)

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Since I posted my personal SSB4 tier list above, and I am still comfortable with it (except for maybe DK's placement), I might as well post my personal Melee and Brawl tier lists. Coming soon when I am ready.

(Does any of you know how to paste images from the Tier List Maker app to a thread?)

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
*Top*
*High*
*Middle*
*Low*

Notes:
C Tier and E Tier are considered "Borderline Tier".

Character Specific:

:4lucas: His rather large fanbase and theory of the character seems to be the leading factor to his rise to high tier in the official list. His performances at tournaments, however, is average at best, as he never got a strong tournament placing ever since Taiheita's 17th at Super Smash Con 2016, and his results and representation are noticeably inferior to his counterpart and fellow mid-tier characters like Duck Hunt and Link. Taiheita, while performed very well in 2016, struggles to keep up with his inconsistent attendance and results in 2017, which caused a drop in Lucas results. In 2018, Lucas's results dropped off again, especially since Taiheita didn't compete in any tournaments since October 2017, while Ness has so far achieved better results in Japan than Lucas, most notably at EVO Japan where taranito placed 17th. This, combined with his glaring weaknesses, caused him to get the largest drop on the list. He is basically written off as "Yoshi 2.0": people overthink Lucas's strength and overlook his weaknesses too much though. It can't be said when you have a character that people claims that it has potential yet doesn't receive any notable wins and placings at all outside of one point.

C-Tier is extremely debateable for the Smash community since people qualify them as upper-mid or borderline high tier.

Also, Taiheita's last perfomance is on November at Karisuma 15. He lost to Masha, a Diddy Kong main at Loser Semi Finals.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
C-Tier is extremely debateable for the Smash community since people qualify them as upper-mid or borderline high tier.

Also, Taiheita's last perfomance is on November at Karisuma 15. He lost to Masha, a Diddy Kong main at Loser Semi Finals.
I did mention the C-Tier under "notes". I will fix the final date of Taiheita's last tournament. Now how do you paste images from the Tier List Maker app to a thread?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I did mention the C-Tier under "notes". I will fix the final date of Taiheita's last tournament. Now how do you paste images from the Tier List Maker app to a thread?
Once you are finished with your tier list, find and click the share button. It will show the picture of your tier list. Copy the picture and paste it to your comment thread. That is it.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
no

there is no place mario functions against cloud. in the air he gets swatted away by nair, fair, back air, and sometimes up air as well as up smash. on the ground cloud's down air is practically made for obliterating grounded play since it beats out any non-palutena anti-air and sets up for ridiculously damaging followups, plus mario's grounded options are pretty weak in general and fail to do anything to...pretty much anything cloud does in the air. when mario touches cloud it hurts, yeah, but in the mean time it hurts a lot more for mario

bayo is everything mario hates. she has a party-size bag of spacing tools, good horizontal burst mobility, anti-airs like a fiend, has no disadvantage state, has an obnoxious advantage state, edgeguards mario for free, is one of the best characters in the game at platform camping, has better damage output than him, and on top of all that benefits a lot from rage, which mario hands out more than enough to take advantage of. bayo is worse than sonic for mario, especially when you look at all the top marios' records vs bayo

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
no

there is no place mario functions against cloud. in the air he gets swatted away by nair, fair, back air, and sometimes up air as well as up smash. on the ground cloud's down air is practically made for obliterating grounded play since it beats out any non-palutena anti-air and sets up for ridiculously damaging followups, plus mario's grounded options are pretty weak in general and fail to do anything to...pretty much anything cloud does in the air. when mario touches cloud it hurts, yeah, but in the mean time it hurts a lot more for mario

bayo is everything mario hates. she has a party-size bag of spacing tools, good horizontal burst mobility, anti-airs like a fiend, has no disadvantage state, has an obnoxious advantage state, edgeguards mario for free, is one of the best characters in the game at platform camping, has better damage output than him, and on top of all that benefits a lot from rage, which mario hands out more than enough to take advantage of. bayo is worse than sonic for mario, especially when you look at all the top marios' records vs bayo
Mario deals with Cloud much better than most of the cast as there is only somewhere between 4 and 7 characters who can do anything against him and maybe win.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Once you are finished with your tier list, find and click the share button. It will show the picture of your tier list. Copy the picture and paste it to your comment thread. That is it.
Thanks, now here is my Melee and Brawl Tier Lists and some reasoning behind it.
Notes:
  1. Both tier lists are very similar to the official list, especially in comparison to my personal SSB4 tier list.
  2. The F and G tiers in both lists exist to separate the bad characters, with the candidates of the absolute worst character.
  3. There are no ties in either tier list.

Melee
upload_2018-2-27_20-2-27.png

:kirbymelee: No longer ranked as the worst, due to obtaining better results than a few characters above him. His glaring weaknesses, however, only allowed him to rise above Pichu and Bowser.
:luigimelee: He, alongside Yoshi, has proven to be capable in the current metagame to be around Samus’s level. This rise is thanks to his representation and results being stronger than before, especially in comparison to Dr. Mario and Yoshi. He has a noticeably good representation in the Melee Rankings as well.
:ganondorfmelee: His strengths and matchups are noticeably stronger than the characters ranked below him on the official E-tier. As his mains continue to obtain good results, such as Kage’s 5th at Canada Cup 2017 and 2nd in Dreamhack Montreal, allowed him to rise above Mario’s tier (now D-tier).
:gawmelee: While he technically didn’t rise from his spot, he is now at the bottom of Mid-Low thanks to recent innovations to his metagame: namely “possessing some useable moves in comparison to characters below him”. This position is further supported by Qerb’s 13th placing at Bad Moon Rising 2, defeating La Luna in the process.
:drmario: Suffering the largest drop on the list, which is because of his dwindling representation and results, now being the gatekeeper of semi-viable characters. His strengths above Mario and characters below him, makes him a pure mid-tier though.
:pichumelee: It is now ranked as the worst character. Despite possessing a few utility moves, its weaknesses are overwhelming. It possesses the worst matchup spread in the game (with Bowser being the second worst). “Pichu has also failed to make an impact on any significant tournaments for several years, with none of the top 96 placers of any major Melee tournament being dedicated Pichu players, and its only players are either inactive or have better characters to choose from.”
:zeldamelee: Dropped below Ness, and into the lowest tier in the game, due to her poor frame data and mobility becoming more apparent in the current metagame.

Brawl
upload_2018-2-27_20-13-27.png

:lucas: Rose just right below Ness, thanks to the abnormally strong efforts from Mekos, especially in mid tier tournaments. This is by far the largest increase in the list.
:link2: Since he isn’t a candidate for the absolute worst character in the game unlike the bottom three, he separates himself from the bottom three.
:wolf: Due to possessing an abnormal amount of results for a mid tier character, while holding his own against Meta Knight, he joins high tier alongside the official list’s C+ tier.
:dedede: Rose above Lucario thanks to his dominating matchups against characters below him, although his poor matchups against Meta Knight and Ice Climbers continue to hold him back.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Lucas ha s a better recovery though that is much harder to gimp if a character lacks a reflector.
His recovery, while being better than Ness's, is still susceptible to gimps, especially from reflectors, windboxes, and Rosalinas. His tether recovery is his most reliable way to return to stage, but the moment to tether doesn't always present to yourself, while his tether is shorter ranged than all other tether recoveries.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
:laugh: I literally just realized that Lucas got both the largest increase in my Brawl tier list, and the largest decrease in my SSB4 tier list. :laugh:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
*Top*
*High*
It seems pretty reasonable overall, although I do have a few objections (I won't bother with tiers below C-tier). To start off, Zero Suit Samus could probably drop a few spots. If we go by Nairo's ZSS MU chart, we see that ZSS loses a bunch of MUs (https://image.prntscr.com/image/F8yxwgMcRd_BFlRDIhkgmQ.png), and most of the MUs that she wins are not super relevant. She's still a good character though and could very well be top 10, but #6 seems a bit too high for her, in my opinion.

I would say that Mario and Marth are too high, though it depends on how you view their MU charts, I suppose. I believe that Mario loses to Cloud, Marth/Lucina, Corrin, Sonic (potentially -2), Bayonetta, and potentially Donkey Kong. He doesn't win against anyone in top 15 either, aside from Pikachu (though you didn't put Pikachu in top 15 for some reason). Marth should be next to Lucina (maybe they both should move up a bit, I'm not sure, but they're probably worse than Corrin anyway).

Speaking of Corrin, I do believe that she's top 10. She only loses 3-4 MUs (Diddy Kong, Fox, Sheik, and maybe Cloud), wins against most characters in high tier and nearly all mid tiers and all low tiers, and also potentially beats Mario and Rosalina. She should at least be above Mario and Marth.

Pikachu should be a bit higher, I believe. I assume you're mainly rating this as a solo viability tier list and don't take counter-pick value into account? Meta Knight has pretty good counter-pick value, but his solo viability is likely worse than Pikachu's, so Pikachu should be higher.

Luigi is, I believe, somewhat overrated. He likely loses -2 to Mewtwo and Rosalina & Luma and has a bunch of -1 MUs, and doesn't really win all that notable MUs. Captain Falcon is in a similar position, losing to all characters in top 15 aside from Corrin (who he goes even with) and potentially Rosalina. Having a rather bad MU vs Bayonetta doesn't help his viability.

As for C tier, why are Bowser and DK that high? Their MU charts are pretty mediocre. How can they be high tier characters when they lose pretty hard to Bayonetta, Rosalina, Sonic (at least Donkey Kong), and Zero Suit Samus, while also slightly losing to nearly every top 20 character? They had some niche use as counter-picks because their kill confirms are so good, but really, these characters are not really that solo viable. Actually I think Bowser's position relative to most other characters is pretty fine, and Donkey Kong should probably be next to him. They should drop down to mid tier though. I also think calling the #28th character "high" tier is a bit strange. 28/55 is not high, it's just somewhat above the middle.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
His recovery, while being better than Ness's, is still susceptible to gimps, especially from reflectors, windboxes, and Rosalinas. His tether recovery is his most reliable way to return to stage, but the moment to tether doesn't always present to yourself, while his tether is shorter ranged than all other tether recoveries.
True but a step up from Ness's anyways.

rupan

Smash Cadet
Has anyone made a tier list focusing on the accessibility of smash characters?
I reckon that would be pretty interesting

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
Mario deals with Cloud much better than most of the cast as there is only somewhere between 4 and 7 characters who can do anything against him and maybe win.
there are lots of characters who go -1 or even against cloud. bayonetta, diddy kong, shiek, fox, mewtwo, corrin, marth, lucina, pikachu all have arguments going for them. captain falcon and greninja might go -1 as well. mario is not terrible in this regard but saying that it alone justifies being anywhere near top 6 is very, very questionable.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
It seems pretty reasonable overall, although I do have a few objections (I won't bother with tiers below C-tier). To start off, Zero Suit Samus could probably drop a few spots. If we go by Nairo's ZSS MU chart, we see that ZSS loses a bunch of MUs (https://image.prntscr.com/image/F8yxwgMcRd_BFlRDIhkgmQ.png), and most of the MUs that she wins are not super relevant. She's still a good character though and could very well be top 10, but #6 seems a bit too high for her, in my opinion.

I would say that Mario and Marth are too high, though it depends on how you view their MU charts, I suppose. I believe that Mario loses to Cloud, Marth/Lucina, Corrin, Sonic (potentially -2), Bayonetta, and potentially Donkey Kong. He doesn't win against anyone in top 15 either, aside from Pikachu (though you didn't put Pikachu in top 15 for some reason). Marth should be next to Lucina (maybe they both should move up a bit, I'm not sure, but they're probably worse than Corrin anyway).

Speaking of Corrin, I do believe that she's top 10. She only loses 3-4 MUs (Diddy Kong, Fox, Sheik, and maybe Cloud), wins against most characters in high tier and nearly all mid tiers and all low tiers, and also potentially beats Mario and Rosalina. She should at least be above Mario and Marth.

Pikachu should be a bit higher, I believe. I assume you're mainly rating this as a solo viability tier list and don't take counter-pick value into account? Meta Knight has pretty good counter-pick value, but his solo viability is likely worse than Pikachu's, so Pikachu should be higher.

Luigi is, I believe, somewhat overrated. He likely loses -2 to Mewtwo and Rosalina & Luma and has a bunch of -1 MUs, and doesn't really win all that notable MUs. Captain Falcon is in a similar position, losing to all characters in top 15 aside from Corrin (who he goes even with) and potentially Rosalina. Having a rather bad MU vs Bayonetta doesn't help his viability.

As for C tier, why are Bowser and DK that high? Their MU charts are pretty mediocre. How can they be high tier characters when they lose pretty hard to Bayonetta, Rosalina, Sonic (at least Donkey Kong), and Zero Suit Samus, while also slightly losing to nearly every top 20 character? They had some niche use as counter-picks because their kill confirms are so good, but really, these characters are not really that solo viable. Actually I think Bowser's position relative to most other characters is pretty fine, and Donkey Kong should probably be next to him. They should drop down to mid tier though. I also think calling the #28th character "high" tier is a bit strange. 28/55 is not high, it's just somewhat above the middle.
Bookworm mentions that C-Tier is volatile and could be in the middle tier section as he mention:
"The placements of the characters in C is volatile. The order shown in the parenthesis is the current order of characters, but it can change order anytime something happens. It can be considered a five-way tie, but it is way too large.
C Tier and E Tier can be considered "Borderline Tier".

The_Bookworm

Smash Master

Yes!! I like some discussion.

ZSS's results are incredible, with Nairo and Marss taking top spots in tournaments, and there is the rise of Choco and shky in Japan. Top players kinda either overexaggerate (for example Maister's Game & Watch matchup chart) or underrated a character's matchups. ZSS, according to Nairo, only has -1 matchups with 6 characters, which is great in my book (although it is not as strong as the 5 characters above her). I do think she can be interchangeable with Fox and Sonic though, but I don't think she is dropping below 8th.

Mario still obtains strong representation and above average results (obviously a pale comparison to his 2016 and early 2017 self). He, in my opinion, doesn't do too bad against Bayo and Ryu, but the other top 15 matchups you mentioned does hold him back. The only relevant matchups that Lucina has over Marth is Pikachu and Falcon, thanks to not reliably need to space. The other relevant matchups are either they do equally well, or Marth does better, thanks to Marth's extra reward for spacing and the fact that Lucina needs to space as well without the benefits of a tipper. Marth sourspots also grant him better combo potential, especially at higher percent (for example, Leo's fair strings against Choco at EVO Japan top 8).

Out of all the characters, I think Corrin does have the most potential (especially considering the fact that I moved her to top tier). Right now, I don't want to jump into conclusions. Sonic, btw, also abuses Corrin's slow run speed.

MK has some good solo character value as well, with above average reps and results thanks to AC. The voting for the official list also ended prior to MKLeo's spectacular performance with MK at 2GG Championship. Pikachu's results are pretty much carried by ESAM, although in comparison to previous lists, the other Pika players are getting slightly better results. This tier list also tracks down not only solo viability, but results as well. Those two characters are, in my opinion, equals in terms of solo viability, so they can be interchangeable. With AC getting 9th at EVO Japan 2018, and ESAM getting 7th at Genesis 5, this can be an unpredictable turnaround.

Luigi is not going to rise beyond 17th, due to those matchups, but this placement is thanks to Elegant's fantastic results with the character, and his other players getting better results as a result of this character advancement. However, if Elegant is unable to repeat his late 2017 results, he may drop below characters like Peach. Falcon is also carried by results from Fatality, but possesses more representation than other characters in his tier. Cloud, Sheik, and Mewtwo are very manageable matchups (although that Pika matchup sucks, the Bayo matchup isn't as bad). I only see Falcon at the 18th to 21st spot due to this matchup issue, but Fatality recently performing well with Falcon may make this interesting to see.

Refer to JustCallMeJon's comment above on the 28th placement drama. I am recently starting to think about the superheavies's placement. Although I am comfortable with Bowser's placement, DK's I have most concern about. There is the good results from his solo mains throughout 2017, but then there is his glaring weaknesses and bad matchups with most of the top 20 characters. The results is the main reason why he is at 22nd in my list (like at the official list), but with DK not getting off at the right foot at 2018 so far (though still has better results than Bowser by a noticeable margin), I am also considering the alternative as well. Part of me wants to drop both of them next to eachother and have them both D Tier characters, but the other thinks it is a hasty decision. DK, alongside Samus and Corrin, are the characters that is in my mind the most right now it will take time and patience to see how it turns out, but I think the characters in C Tier that is not the superheavies are too strong to be considered mid tier characters, but they are still borderline characters anyways.

Thanks for the concerns, since it clears up some stuff about my personal list!

Last edited:

TheWill44

Smash Apprentice
Mine is here. Characters are listed in the order I believe them to be in. Feel free to comment. https://imgur.com/gallery/aFm5Ql1

Red is top tier
Orange is high tier
Green is Mid tier
Blue is low tier
Purple is bottom tier

My thoughts on this:

Ryu isn’t even top 15? I know his results make him seem not Top 15, but he’s definitely top 15.

Nah

Smash Champion
eh now i'm not in the mood for it

Last edited:

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
Brawl Tier List(Characters not in order.)

God Tier::metaknight:
Top Tier::popo::olimar::snake::diddy::marth::falco:
High Tier::pikachu2::zerosuitsamus::warioc::dedede:
Mid Tier 1::wolf::rob::toonlink::fox::lucario::kirby2::peach::gw::pit::squirtle:
Mid Tier 2::sonic::dk2::lucas::yoshi2::sheik::ike::ness2:
Low Tier: :bowser2::pt::link2::samus2::ivysaur::charizard::mario2::luigi2:
Bottom Tier: :jigglypuff::ganondorf::zelda::falcon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom