• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Write down your bad habits

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The purpose of this thread is to teach Samus mains what to avoid doing. After all, if you avoid a bad habit that will cause you to be punished, you'll be less likely to take unnecessary damage.

I tend to f-smash when I don't need to. At times, this is done, rather than when I want to perform an f-tilt instead. Avoid using f-smash unless your opponent is at a high enough percentage. How high? At least when your opponent has received 100% damage or more.

I accidentally z-air too close to my opponent when I should be z-airing away from my opponent. The point of z-air is to keep yourself spaced.

I try to n-air, but I end up landing in front of my opponent. There are times where I won't be punished because my opponent was hit, but there are times I will be punished because my opponent evaded the attack. If you n-air, do it in the air against smaller opponents. Taller opponents should be able to get hit by n-air if your momentum allows you to go over him or her.

Gypsy_Panic

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-7237-7012
My bad habits? I always go back to choosing Samus as a main, and expect different results everytime. :rolleyes:

Gypsy_Panic

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-7237-7012
What do you think you can do differently next time you use Samus?
At this point I have no clue. It just seems that against some of the cast I have no safe options. I really lost at this point .

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I feel your pain. Tonight I just wanted to drop Samus. I won't improve with her if I do. You're free to use whoever, of course. Samus relies on openings. Go for those.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
I'm often too quick to air dodge. I also auto-pilot spot dodge almost on queue after whiffing some moves, and I probably grab a bit too often.

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
Going to u tilt as an antiair, then only following up with Fsmash.

Using Dsmash in a vain attempt to preform a frame trap at early (15-20%) percentages.

Just technical issues that I usually don't pick up on until the replay starts rolling.

I also go for the dair off stage a lot, in an attempt to scare the other player.

When getting the classic shield break, I bomb and then do a full hop.

Also, spacing the Bairs. (Fresh Prince of the Bair. Melee Hell

approved.http://www.google.com.p
r/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F_Lkt63-jJws%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_Lkt63-jJws&docid=kKzHY4L3OCbsHM&tbnid=KtqMHWs6r3FjjM%3A&w=1280&h=720&bih=512&biw=360&ved=0ahUKEwjxpN65tNDOAhXF6CYKHQM3DacQMwgaKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Top Bottom