• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Ok in bows q&a I made a post asking if anyone has made a kill with firebreath->footstool over the edge. I've done this several times now including in an earlier match(saved it), making three replays. It works as a gimp/counter-gimp depending on the situation. The opponent has to be approaching at a low angle when they're hit by your firebreath while DIing toward you(for their gimp or recovery attempt). Release b right after they're hit(they'll be right under you now) and footstool them. Maybe it's simple, but it's fun, stylish, and replicable. I havn't seen any videos of it or heard of others doing it. That said, I'll probably name it(poorly).

Discuss?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Firebreath has too much end lag to reliably follow up into anything so the opponent could easily jump away or hit you before the footstool. Also using firebreath on the way down leaves you quite open to attacks if you're high up and trying to recover your best bet is bombing to the ledge.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
I know bombing the ledge is the safer way to recover from a high angle. I'm talking about being at a more diagonal angle as you're recovering(same for your opponent trying to recover but they're comming from a low angle). As for the end-lag, if you release the breath as soon as they're hit, they're under you by the time the ending lag is over. I'm *immediately* able to footstool them. The worse thing that's happened to me in one of my attempts was hopping off their up-b animation and making it to the ledge for the hog.

This might not be a safe or pratical move but it's easier to do than it sounds and really fun. :p
Besides, I'm not some Brawl-n00b. If I wasn't sure this was a *remotely* legit move I wouldn't post. I've done it repeatedly now though, so I'm sure it's replicable. I'm sure that if I can do it, that the more skilled Bowsers on here can do it better. *nod*

Oh and as a side note, I've always saved my second jump when doing this. So if I miss or not, I'm able to make it back.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
It seems like your own unique little trick, most Bowser prefer to be safe than spiked.

Oh and Gen, that podcast with Dragoomba was hilarious.

B!squick

Smash Master
Saw Baseket Ball yesterday. I must say, it wasn't the greatest directing I've seen, but it was still a great movie with surprises at every other turn and a fantastic collection of random awesome people, not the least of which is the voice actor who plays Mermaid Man, Ernest Borgnine.

I've been playing an unhealthy amount of CoD:MW2 lately. Not sure why as the kill streak system is broken beyond repair with some people getting off a Tactical Nuke with flawless efficiency. Not on a regular basis mind you, but the first time I saw one drop the same guy did it again the next two games. For those of you who don't know, the Tactical Nuke is available when you get a 25 (can be dropped to 24) kill streak. Once you get it and use it, that's it. It's Modern Warfare's Golden Snitch. The reward for nuking yourself, your teammates, and everyone else is that the game ends and the nuker's team wins. Doesn't matter who was winning or what the objective was, Tactical Nuke trumps all.

This is really ********. Sure, it sounds cool, but what's the point of having an objective when you've got that to shoot for? It adds up to EVERY game mode being the same thing once you realize this and that's camping. Alot. Usually with a sniper and a thermal scope or heart beat sensor. Either way, it's boring.

What's also annoying is the different stupid things that are in between your first kill and the nuke. There's roughly a dozen of them in all and they're all pretty much the same thing: a vehicle hovering/zooming overheard with you at the helm remotely from the ground, mowing down your opponents, making those 25 kills in a row seem very easilly obtainable indeed. Of course your vulnerable while still on the ground, your enemy is informed of your super weapon, and your vehicle(s) will appear on their minimap; HOWEVER, I can promise you you will never find them in time to do anything to prevent the **** and the seemingly obvious counter measure (staying inside buildings) is lost on many people and several ceilings have holes in them anyway. You CAN deal with the problem directly with, say, the Stinger missile launcher, but for some assinine reason you have to play the game for quite a while before you unlock it. I only recently gained access to the thing and I've played for about 17 hours.

However, the riot shield is alot of fun, as long as the other team doesn't exploit the glaring weakness it has that makes it not fun at all. x_x

Long story short, any fellow members of the esteemed Brawl Bowser Board I should add? My gamertag is Dark Alkaiser.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
It seems like your own unique little trick, most Bowser prefer to be safe than spiked.

Oh and Gen, that podcast with Dragoomba was hilarious.
It's kinda hard to spike someone that's above you. O.o But seeing as how this isn't being taken seriously, I suppose it is my signature move. Tsk. Now to name it(poorly).

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
It's kinda hard to spike someone that's above you. O.o But seeing as how this isn't being taken seriously, I suppose it is my signature move. Tsk. Now to name it(poorly).
Me and MrEh sometimes use Fire to help come back to the stage with protection, but I never thought of footstooling, I'll try it out I suppose. ^_^

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I meant we prefer to make a recovery attempt from above with the bomb, just in case we get spiked somehow. Sadly this ain't Melee where we have that ****ing annoying Meteor Cancel.

B!squick

Smash Master

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, my coworker plays a mean Fox too. It's, like, impossible to punish DAir to DSmash. x_x

Also, get at my new avatar. Flapjack for the win.

Also also, I should get disconnected from MW2 more often. Every other game is disconnected or their's horrendous lag, and my roommate will be playing WoW with no troubles.

EDIT, so I don't double post: Okay, I either get disconnected or someone has to be a douche and set off a nuke, making everything I was just doing, you know, playing the game, completely pointless. I don't even care if it's someone on my team that does the nuking, it's ******** either way. And I just love how I can't go more than 5-10 games without either DCing or a nuking. I was just in a game of Domination (capture and hold 3 different spots on a map) and the game got nuked when both teams had a combined score of 100ish. You need 200 to win.

What. The. ****.

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
Ugh MW2.

No servers killed all of us PC gamers and makes competitive impossible.

**** you Infinity Ward, **** you.
With no server lists I can't play HC without some sort of Friendly Fire, and without a respawn timer. I loved HC in CoD4, but thy ruined it in MW2 IMO. They are giving a big middle finger to the community that got them to where they are :(

Activision sucks, too.

BTW nukes very early in the game are because of people who let someone else kill them. They go to a remote corner of the map and one puts a tactical insertion down. The other one kills him, and they rinse and repeat. Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNmeRaY0tc

B!squick

Smash Master
*SMALL SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN TWBB YET*

Bowser ***** faces as expected and we're finally seeing some lose ends get tied up. Bowser was kinda a fail Buddhist (aren't they supposed to be pacifists?), but the character and costume were awesome. Ending was kinda cheezy and Falcon couldn't be a more obvious Han Solo if he mentioned he had some debts to pay off and Luigi told him to take care of himself because that's what he's good at.

MORE EDITING to avoid a doule post again: Disconnected? Again? Okay, I just took out **** of Doody and put in Halo 3, a game that had far fewer DCing and none of this kill streak BS. If you want a vehicle in Halo, you have to commit to it, son. It dies, you die, none of this "it was just a RC copter" crap.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Limit & Gen collabo sig hype post. Sig will come soon.

Also link to the TWBB episode plz

Jupz

Smash Master
Something wierd and not useful happened today on brinstar. The stage had broken apart and was just reforming, and I used a grounded down B at the part where it breaks off (where all the breakable spheres are) and when the down B was coming down it hung paused in the air for a few seconds. Not really useful or replicable but wierd lol.

Jupz

Smash Master
It was in training. And I was facing the centre of the stage, he came up and across, went crashing down then about halfway down he just stopped for a few seconds lol.

Top Bottom