• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Wozzy Woxy-Wombat Wread of Wishful Wicked Wonder

Panadol

Smash Rookie
Yo
Anybody on the Mornington peninsula play melee?
I beat my casual brothers too hard.
Looking for some friendly matches with somebody who doesn't approach me by rolling lol.

Meredy

The Busterina
Yo
Anybody on the Mornington peninsula play melee?
I beat my casual brothers too hard.
Looking for some friendly matches with somebody who doesn't approach me by rolling lol.
I'm in Frankston, is that close enough?

Splice

Smash Hero
Character Picks at EVO in the Top 64:

21 fox players (that's probably why there's only 2 jiggs) p.s. didn't count westballz throwing with fox
11 Sheiks
8 Falcos
7 Marths (didn't count DruggedFox's marth pick)
5 Peach (highest placing solo peach player was MacD mmhmm)
4 Samus (including Plup)
4 Captain Falcons
2 Jigglypuff
2 Ice Climbers
2 Luigi
1 Pikachu
1 Yoshi

4 C.Falcons and 2 Jiggs
Being fun to play warrants 4 picks. Being good but not 'fun' to play warrants 2 picks. General Consensus: Fun > Win? :confused:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Character Picks at EVO in the Top 64:

21 fox players (that's probably why there's only 2 jiggs) p.s. didn't count westballz throwing with fox
11 Sheiks
8 Falcos
7 Marths (didn't count DruggedFox's marth pick)
5 Peach (highest placing solo peach player was MacD mmhmm)
4 Samus (including Plup)
4 Captain Falcons
2 Jigglypuff
2 Ice Climbers
2 Luigi
1 Pikachu
1 Yoshi

4 C.Falcons and 2 Jiggs
Being fun to play warrants 4 picks. Being good but not 'fun' to play warrants 2 picks. General Consensus: Fun > Win? :confused:
Jiggly is also really hard to get to a top level with imo. Very hard to develop solo, mango style environment of constant play pretty essential for most players to get good with her. Florida also seems like a pretty active place which would've helped hbox. Soft has all that technology but seems to not quite put it all together which fits the theory since he has less good players to practice with wherever strange place he's from (Georgia?).

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Hey guys,

So as some of you may know, there is a relatively new chat program out known as Discord. @ Lex__ Lex__ and I have been playing around with this program over the last couple of days and decided it would be a good suggestion to have a nation-wide chat for Smash :)

As a spiritual successor to IRC and Skype, Discord supports browser functionality and/or desktop/mobile access, meaning you can read and talk in the chat regardless of where you are or what device you are using. Discord in general supports channels within a chat server, meaning you can isolate chat to certain topics but also group topics under a title. Discord also supports voice chat, with push to talk functionality and room isolation, like the text channels. You can see an example of how the channel structure works in this image below.

As such, we have made chats for each state and territory in Australia and a dedicated chat to New Zealand as well. Over the next two weeks the netplay chat will be transitioning over to this server as well. At the conclusion of the two weeks the Skype group will be terminated.

I hope everyone can join and talk with the community :) If anyone has any suggestions at all you can send me or @ Lex__ Lex__ a message or drop it in the thread here.

You can join the Australian Smash Discord Server by clicking on this link.

Thanks everyone.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Soft has all that technology but seems to not quite put it all together which fits the theory since he has less good players to practice with wherever strange place he's from (Georgia?).
I could be wrong but I don't think Soft was the other jiggs in top 64, IIRC it was Prince Abu.

21 fox out of 64 entrants not too bad for the majority tho :)

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
pretty good that there's a desktop app for this, basically the main reason why i never really used slack
I actually really like this program
Couple things that irk me atm tho:
- not being able to adjust panels
- Voice activation only going by amplitude and not having an option for Signal to noise ratio like mumble

that's about it though really solid program

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
yep s0ft had a bad run, came 65th just outside top 64.
Prince Abu came 49th, one spot higher. They were both in my fantasy draft.

And you're completely right PCG. here is a paragraph that says the exact same thing with more words
Puff is surprisingly unrewarding in a lot of MU's. Puff always has to work hard and have a certain amount of respect/passive play against almost all half decent opponents if you want consistent wins. There's a lot of tech you can grind with Puff that is underrated (and why I like s0ft because I feel his movement is the most technical. also he actually uses sing) but you have to get brutalised by a million fox's throwing out dumb uairs that you can't do anything about and develop really good knowledge of everything the opponent could do. I can't imagine how much stuff Hbox is considering when playing against Armada etc.
Additionally, Puff can be played aggressive and defensive but I think that planking the edge is a legitimately important tool to try to neutralise other characters momentum, and to assist in playing the lead.
For too many people this is not enjoyable to practice or employ, especially when it still requires you to take the first stock and keep friends who will practice with you.
At the end of the day it could all be worth it for the many people who just want the W, but everyone can see she loses to fox too hard and everyone plays fox; it's a gruelling path.

What I'd be keen though is to see more players just beneath God Tier to pop up with secondary puffs for certain MU's or stages. Playing Marth in a best of 5 and Samus takes you to Dreamland? well, ok buddy...
Actually I'd like to see if Puff mains could pick up secondaries for Fox, like Marth or Falco.

So many Samus (relatively) though...
And it's not just this tournament. Samus has more presence in America than the other characters in A tier and even Puff, depending on how much weight you give to Hbox almost single handedly keeping the character relevant. Tournament results are still a legitimate factor in tier lists, wonder if we'll ever see a slight move up, bottom of S tier or something below Falcon?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
fox is super complex

shdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlusmashshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdlshdl

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah if samus isn't complex than why doesn't he understand it and adapt and win easy?
Character obviously has options and decision trees that function uniquely

ST9

Smash Rookie
I noticed there aren't any power rankings for the whole country just each state, so I was wondering if anyone could make a list of the best Australia Melee players doesn't have to be incredibly accurate.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
It's tough to compile because two players from different states play each other rarely (or sometimes not at all).

Splice

Smash Hero
Dekar
Dekar
Dekar
Skeletom
Dekar when he's not trying
Dekar when he's trying to let S.D win on purpose
S.D
Dekar when he's trying REALLY HARD to let S.D win on purpose
EG | Dekar
ZXV
Dekar
Dekar
Smoking Puppy Jr.
Dekar
Dekar
Mikul

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
in no order, just the top 15 (imo) jumbled up

zxv
rj
splice
ted
dekar
spup
sa nick
redact
skeletom
cao
syke
karu
s.d
atticus
quetz

Splice

Smash Hero
redacts list is pretty much spot on, I can't think of another player who'd have a chance to contest any of those people for a position in top 15

Spud and Mojo from NZ are also super good but I guess Redact wasn't counting NZ

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Reminder for u to check this out if u havnt seen it on FB yet.

https://www.facebook.com/events/812294342229711/

============
= MilTim 2015 =
============

== $$$ ===

$15 Entry fee (pays for the venue. sorry guys. It'll be cheaper if we do it again due to there being a discount on repeats).

$5 - Plain Ol' Melee
$5 - Smash 64
$5 - PM All-Stars

$ Gold coin donation. Winner takes all! $
F-Tier Rumble
PM doubles
Brawl

All other events are FREE! All events have a prize for 1st (and maybe 2nd and 3rd) of a rare, Mac Tonight figure from the 80s.

===========
= Venue rules =
===========

- No smoking
- No pets
- Don't break ****
- Clean up after yourselves
- No alcohol or drugs

<<< SEE PINNED POST FOR EVENT RULES >>>

Ladies, Gents, Falco players... After much hiatus and laziness, Tim and Milton are proud to present the Smash sorta-tournament-sorta-party to commemorate both of our 21st (only 11 months late for Tim's).

This is still in the planning phase, and is also our first tourney, so any and all suggestions will be considered.

=======
= When =
=======

Sunday, 9th August 2015

========
= Where =
========

http://www.bayside.vic.gov.au/living_in_bayside/venues_hampton_community_centre.htm

========
= Events =
========

<<< SEE PINNED POST FOR RULES. >>>

=======
= Other =
=======

We really want to make this thing work, so help will be appreciated. As stated before, this is our first tournament, and we'd like it to be a success. Look forward to seeing you there.

Splice

Smash Hero
happy to make/seed brackets and assist with running bracket for all events

will you have a laptop connected to challonge or running tio that I can use??

Also can anyone bring a recording setup? pls ;__; I will give you the succ

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I'll be bringing my recording setup, and I'll try to stream there too, completely depends on what the 4G signal is like at the venue.

Top Bottom