• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you want the assets characters to get the fighter upgrade with dlc

Assets trophy characters should get an upgrade

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Can’t change your answer. Seems more fun that way

You know the ones who could echo a bit or have been an asset since brawl. Lyn and Knuckles are two great examples

How would you have it be if yes

Upgrade them and cut their assets trophy all together

Upgrade and leave their assest trophy

Upgrade and reskin their assets trophy into a character who can do the same thing.

If no an explanation would be cool

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
...You misspelled "Assist".

Hell yes, I would totally be up for upgrading Bomberman and Krystal! They've been my two most wanted characters since Brawl! And Bomberman's been rebooted several times, meaning that there's more than one Bomberman, so having Bomberman as both an Assist Trophy and a playable character wouldn't be weird at all! Or the Bomberman Assist Trophy can be reskinned into one of the many dime-a-dozen bootleg indie characters who blatantly rip him off, lol.

I'd also love to have playable Lyn, and heck, even Waluigi.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think I've deciphered your question. You're asking whether or not one is in favor of DLC characters who are assist trophies in the base game. My answer: Sure, if they deserve it. Ashley and Waluigi currently do not, since their moveset potential sucks. But if Waluigi changes that in a new game, he should be eligible.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d say they’d most definitely deserve it if they haven’t been revealed or confirmed as assist trophies as of yet.

D

Deleted member

I'd be all for it! I think there are a lot of assist characters that could be actual characters in Smash.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I can only see Takamaru getting serious consideration for upgrade to playable via DLC.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
...You misspelled "Assist".

Hell yes, I would totally be up for upgrading Bomberman and Krystal! They've been my two most wanted characters since Brawl! And Bomberman's been rebooted several times, meaning that there's more than one Bomberman, so having Bomberman as both an Assist Trophy and a playable character wouldn't be weird at all! Or the Bomberman Assist Trophy can be reskinned into one of the many dime-a-dozen bootleg indie characters who blatantly rip him off, lol.

I'd also love to have playable Lyn, and heck, even Waluigi.
Or be replaced with any other Bomber of the franchise
For example: Indy Bomber, Metal Bomber, Pretty bomber (Maybe she as echo), Plasma Bomber, etc

https://smashboards.com/javascript:void(0);

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Misunderstood the question and accidently voted no, oops.

Any way to remove the vote?

Top Bottom