• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you still enjoy Brawl if this was implemented?

I kinda want to go back in time and implement this so everyone would hate Brawl

• Brawl would’ve still been best smash until SSB4 was released; trash afterwards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Question: If there were any things that you were very reluctant to cut, please tell us

Sakurai: In the beginning, we had a system where swords would break, or equipment would be destroyed. After you lost your stock and respawned, your equipment would be repaired, but people who survived, so basically the better, more skilled players, would be at a disadvantage, and I wanted to include a system like that. This game is a game of accidents, so I wanted to include things that would change the situation around.

Host: Why didn’t you include it?

Sakurai: In the end, it came down to a lack of time. We’d even prepared models of broken swords. Other than that, Captain Falcon’s helmet had a crack in it, and you could even see his eye peek out from under it. It was actually very cool. It’s a shame it’s not in the game.

Host: That is a shame. But if you had the time, you would have tried to implement it, right?

Sakurai: Yes. We really are adding as many things as we possibly can, so cutting the things that barely don’t make the cut…it’s can’t be helped.

Feel free to read the interview here

Last edited:
Top Bottom