• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you say most people follow the smash gods that play their characters or all of them?

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
I like watching zero's videos cause hes a cool guy who mastered the scene. I only recently picked up diddy.
Usually when Im on youtube I look up esam or hyuga or nairo's bowser. I do watch other matchups occassionally but i mainly stick to the ones i main. and i watch hungry box.
Would oyu say most people in the scene follow their character's smash god or just all the players and smash gods in general.

Joel_Tarkus

Smash Cadet
NNID
explodingmuffin7
Personally I do not believe someone needs to play your character for you to enjoy them as a player. I play DDD, and Falcon and my favorite players are ESAM, and Mew2King.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't like the word "god" when it comes to the Super Smash Bros. community. It's a meaningless word. You have people who are professional players and you have those who aren't. I'll watch videos on the VGBootCamp channel on YouTube. If it's ZeRo, ESAM, M2K, Nairo, Fatality, MkLeo, &c., I'll watch. Personally, I like Nairo. I'll watch his videos to see ZSS in action. I'll even watch Marss. I'm only doing this because I want to improve with ZSS. Recently, ESAM showed off his Samus and I was impressed.

There are definitely people who watch those who use certain characters to get an idea on how the meta-game works. I do it, but I don't consider anyone a "god".

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
I don't like the word "god" when it comes to the Super Smash Bros. community. It's a meaningless word. You have people who are professional players and you have those who aren't. I'll watch videos on the VGBootCamp channel on YouTube. If it's ZeRo, ESAM, M2K, Nairo, Fatality, MkLeo, &c., I'll watch. Personally, I like Nairo. I'll watch his videos to see ZSS in action. I'll even watch Marss. I'm only doing this because I want to improve with ZSS. Recently, ESAM showed off his Samus and I was impressed.

There are definitely people who watch those who use certain characters to get an idea on how the meta-game works. I do it, but I don't consider anyone a "god".
Lol I like the word. People use it for music and celebrities, and i'm an artist myself so i aspire.

D

Deleted member

Well, this is a good question. Since I, a 56-year-old Christian lady, have no reason to partake in competitive play I really do not follow any pro-Smashers that play my favorite characters. Still, it doesn't hurt to see how my girls :4peach::rosalina::4bayonetta2: are to be played on higher levels. So, I'll occasionally watch videos and read guides of my ladies of faith and deviate from there. I just aim to separate myself from the casual community.

Sayonara :kirby:

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
Well, this is a good question. Since I, a 56-year-old Christian lady, have no reason to partake in competitive play I really do not follow any pro-Smashers that play my favorite characters. Still, it doesn't hurt to see how my girls :4peach::rosalina::4bayonetta2: are to be played on higher levels. So, I'll occasionally watch videos and read guides of my ladies of faith and deviate from there. I just aim to separate myself from the casual community.

Sayonara :kirby:
It's really cool that you play and also take an interest then. Wish more people in your demography would take an interest. maybe you'll start a trend. congrats on being cool.

Top Bottom