• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you rather see a Nintendo vs Capcom or a Nintendo vs Sega?

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Nintendo vs. Sega. I love ya Capcom, ya like a brother to me. But I want to play with the other kids for a bit, you can't be my only friend. Plus, I always wanted a SEGA fighting game, even if the only way to get it is to share it with Nintendo, which I also wanted a traditional fighting game with. Be disapointed in only 30 characters, and that four of them are Mario characters (I don't care what that icon by their name in smash says, Yoshi IS from the Mario Series), with Luigi getting in over Peach.

Also, the DLC would be hype. Imagine if Joker was announced as DLC during, idk a game show? While the stage is dark, it's just Joker running and then he gets a smasNintendo vs. Sega letter in his hands. And then the gang of the Phantom Thieves are like ":pog: did this dude get into smasNintendo vs. Sega?"

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Capcom, hands down. Capcom has one of the best IP selections of any game publisher/developer, perhaps second only to Nintendo themselves. We're talking Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Phoenix Wright, Darkstalkers, and others. Is there any wonder why they have so many reps in Smash?

Sega's doing great things with Persona, Valkyria Chronicles, and Yakuza, but their overall operation is grossly incompetent.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Probably Capcom. I just can`t think of many Sega franchises I have much interest in besides Sonic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would prefer Nintendo vs Capcom. It would be pretty amazing especially if the roster is any close of the size to the Smash roster.

On the Nintendo side you would have characters like:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Daisy
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Impa
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Charaizard
DK
Diddy
K. Rool
Dixie
Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Fox
Falco
Slippy
Krystal
Wolf
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Ninten
Porky
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Marth
Roy
Ike
Lucina
Robin
Olimar
Villager
Isabelle
Pit
Palutena
Medusa
Shulk
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Inkling
Octoling
Min Min
Spring Man
Twintelle
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt

Capcom side:

Mega Man
Zero
Proto Man
Dr. Wily
Roll
Sigma
Tron Bonne
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
M. Bison
Guile
Akuma
Dhalsim
Vega
Cammy
Jill Valentine
Leon Kennedy
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Monster Hunter
Rathalos
Amaterasu

There's a lot more on the Capcom side I can't think off the top of my head right now, but a Nintendo Vs. Capcom game should definitely have a solid lineup especially if it's roster it's as any good as Smash's in terms of the Nintendo side of things.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I would say Nintendo VS SEGA because they are rivals.
Ever since Sega dropped out of the console race Nintendo and Sega aren't rivals anymore. I can see a Nintendo vs. Sega game making playful jokes about the 90s console wars in America between them but any rivalry that's still there is probably more playful and jokey these days. ;)

Top Bottom